Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fofabs Fault
Ingame Name: powertrain45

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:516550309

Time Played: 602.15 Hours

When First Joined: December 17, 2020

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 4 pm-1 AM EST Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday Could be anytime.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor/Regular

What can you do to help the community?: I wish to be promoted because Donors have certain powers of ability's but not all. I can bring more use of the trusted role, because sometimes I am the only donor sometimes on at night and there's lots of toxic trolls by the time I get on.

Why do you want to help the community?: When I play there's lots of trolls during the night that get on my nerves, and now that I get Trusted its easier to gag/mute them.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Other then bans for fun,Nope.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts):  Nope.

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? OBS

How did you find us?: I found this server through browsing across prop hunt servers, and this was the most popular one at the time.

Other: Don't be biased, state your real opinion on this.
I have not a single clue who you are.

But I wanna see some ban requests at the very least. It's great you have recording software and want to help out, so use it and show us that you can navigate a simple ban request.

Moving from donor to trusted isn't much of a jump in commands. You just have staff title and are held under a much higher standard. As a trusted you would have to make ban requests and communicate with the staff team in regards to kicks, mutes & gags.
Go away
There's a few things that kind of bother me about this for some reason. One reason being, if you have donor which I know you do. What's stopping you from gagging and dealing with people? As a donor you're not required to. What is required of you if you decide to act is of course evidence. If they've been so bad I'm mainly curious as to why there aren't any ban requests through you? Don't get me wrong, It's not required to have them it's just if the lobbies have been that bad at times then it should be easy to escalate and make some. That way you'd have a grasp of what you need in terms of evidence. 

Becoming Trusted isn't going to affect your ability to deal with the crowds of lets just say "fun" people. The only things extra that you get with being Trusted vs Donor is !TP and !forceswap (if I remember correctly) Useful for a couple of applications but generally if they're toxic trolls it's more along the lines of stepping in and shutting that kind of non sense down. What you need to do to deal with the trolls and toxicity and learn how to enforce the rules and escalate accordingly. 

You've been really helpful with both alerting staff to problem children in discord and in game and likewise alerting us to illegal spots and trolls. The only issue I've ever had out of you is generally your illegal spots which of course you asked staff fairly consistently if they were alright so it's not like it was a real issue or concern. I'd like you to address my concerns tbh before I bother voting. There's something that's just pulling at me wrong and I can't properly explain why.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Agreeing with Pauling here, the lack of ban requests do pull you back a bit.  You have great time and for sure you know the rules to a great extent.  I don't have an issue with you becoming staff, but, I can't say with full assurance you should be given the rank as of now.

My vote at the moment is neutral.
[Image: unknown.png]
For the time being I'm going to give a -1

Become more well known in the community and get support from the community. 

A few ways that can help you become more know are:

- Create an Introduction that is more than one line and is more recent than Oct 2021
- Converse with members of the community in the Discord (Click Here)
- Notify staff of current issues on the server by using the @PH On-call ping
- Give input or suggestions of possible things that can be improved upon within the community or server (not player models or maps to add as those are already in the works right now)

Though not required but is helpful, creating your own ban requests for violations you see is very beneficial. 

All in all I wish you best of luck on your pursuit of being staff
(05-16-2022, 05:03 PM)Ryzif Wrote: There's a few things that kind of bother me about this for some reason. One reason being, if you have donor which I know you do. What's stopping you from gagging and dealing with people? As a donor you're not required to. What is required of you if you decide to act is of course evidence. If they've been so bad I'm mainly curious as to why there aren't any ban requests through you? Don't get me wrong, It's not required to have them it's just if the lobbies have been that bad at times then it should be easy to escalate and make some. That way you'd have a grasp of what you need in terms of evidence. 

Becoming Trusted isn't going to affect your ability to deal with the crowds of lets just say "fun" people. The only things extra that you get with being Trusted vs Donor is !TP and !forceswap (if I remember correctly) Useful for a couple of applications but generally if they're toxic trolls it's more along the lines of stepping in and shutting that kind of non sense down. What you need to do to deal with the trolls and toxicity and learn how to enforce the rules and escalate accordingly. 

You've been really helpful with both alerting staff to problem children in discord and in game and likewise alerting us to illegal spots and trolls. The only issue I've ever had out of you is generally your illegal spots which of course you asked staff fairly consistently if they were alright so it's not like it was a real issue or concern. I'd like you to address my concerns tbh before I bother voting. There's something that's just pulling at me wrong and I can't properly explain why.
I don't make ban requests on most of the trolls/hackers, instead I ping staff to help the situation out. From these replies I've gotten I'll make sure to start doing so, and my OBS doesn't work sometimes for any evidence too get (I will start trying to fix that later). The best I try to do is gag/mute them for the round, map ,etc, until the staff do get on to help.
Hi Power,

I'm surprised to see you make a staff app; I had no idea you were thinking of applying.  Had I known, I would have marked a lot of my videos to prove what I will say below.

Power is well known on the server and is one of the regulars that plays at night EST.  Looking back at the discord, they first started interacting in the PH channel the end of March.  They may not say nearly as much as I do, but they do interact with the regulars.  Additionally, power has alerted staff recently when problems have occurred on the server.

Ban requests:  This one needs some explanation.
From the day I got Trusted until 2 weeks ago, I was averaging roughly 2hrs a day on the server in the evening EST.  This time also happens to overlap heavily with when Power plays.  It comes as no surprise to me that he doesn't have any ban requests because I made an absurd amount of ban requests.  I'm not one to sit back and let a problem get to the point where a non-staff member needs to make a ban request.
Power has very consistently messaged me in admin chat when he feels someone is ghosting or hacking, and he's usually right.  Had I known to mark my videos since I was Trusted, I could probably make a several minute long montage of his admin chat messages.

I'm obviously biased in your favor because you have helped me out quite a bit on the server.

+√(0.247)

Score is because Matt hates dumb +/- answers after an essay.
So regarding the discord inquiries, staff pings can be seen here

He also has some discussion and communication in discord. Although it's not a whole lot, it's also not zero.

To put it very specifically, you've helped out a decent bit. I've seen it and been on the other end when you're sending staff information. You're normally telling me fairly often about others abusing illegal spots when I am alive or on the other team. You know what hacking looks like to an extent, definitely can spot ghosters and with 3 weeks of time on server, I can only hope that you know the rules lol. 

Personally I'm for him becoming Trusted. There are things to work on but at the same time that hasn't stopped people before. I think trying to get some ban requests would greatly benefit you in many ways such as experience with dealing with people and of course understanding needed evidence. It would also make you stick out to others who don't really have a lot of experience with you/know you.  

So along with this +1 I leave you a couple things to definitely put your time into while you're awaiting an answer, whatever that may be. 

- Take a look into ban requests. See what kind of evidence we require and are generally looked for regarding keeping a ban. 

- Study the staff guidelines so you understand our escalations of punishments and how we do things. This is also useful when creating your own ban requests as you can exhaust the options that you have available to you now and escalate by making a ban request when it reaches a certain point. This will let everyone know that you know how and when to use your commands.

Regardless of the answer you may receive on this app, definitely do try to keep getting better and good luck mate.
Bumping for more feedback.
Hi Powertrain, 

Thanks for your application. At the moment your application had been denied. You’ve been given some feedback already, continue to help out where you can and become more established within the community so we can assess you better. 

Best of luck

You May reapply after 26th June.
[Image: unknown.jpg]