• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
August Abusing Bans
Ingame Name: xanor

SteamID: 
STEAM_0:1:189882048

Who Banned You: August

Reason For Ban: Disrespect/Homophobia

Length of Ban: Permanently 

Reason for Mods to Unban: Not once was I being homophobic nor was I trying to be disrespectful. I myself am a trans woman and was simply trying to make conversation with another player of the server that I thought was also transsexual. Throughout the whole night August was taking things out of context and banning people left and right as soon as he heard one word that may have sounded problematic. I don't believe this ban was fair due to it being my first, and off of things that were never my intention. I was simply banned for trying to have a conversation with another person and maybe relate to.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No

Other: August was also mislaying me for killing people with my popcorn while I was the murder the same night.
Videos uploading, will edit this post when they are ready.

*EDIT*

Map 1: https://youtu.be/I8wFYkrRyrc
Map 2: https://youtu.be/xuV1wwKkHqg (Video overlaps with biig_sad's video at 12:30)

Note: At the end of map 1 on the first video, I did set a slay on you for popcorn RDM. This slay was not valid since you were actually the murderer, thus the popcorn killing was100% fine.
I was a bit slow to notice before the map change and I was not able to reverse it before the first round started in the second vid, thus I slayed myself for the mistake and apologized to you in dm's, as you can see in the video. This was not taken into account for your ban.

However, your absolutely disgusting comments toward Biig_Sad, and your general attitude through both maps, were taken into account. You and your friends presented an awful experience on the server. maybe you were having fun, but it was at the expense of everyone else. As for your comments, nobody would go from an insult straight into asking about their sexuality. That was disgusting and we cannot and will not have that in our community.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 

you cannot, out of the gate, come swinging at me, call me horrid things, then expect immediate forgiveness. please go touch some grass and pound some sand. your behavior was terrible. the things you say here about your actions are lies.

Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
I had to deal with you a previous time you were on and while I no longer have that recording, I remember you were being trouble. I hopped on for less than 5 minutes because someone pinged staff on discord for someone to get you to stop blasting music over your mic, which you were doing when I joined. I then gagged you and was berated by insults from you and your friend in voice and text chat. I ungagged you and you continued to play music through your mic. I had really high ping so it was hard to do much but it was clear how rude you and your friends were and how much you wanted to harass me for being staff. Your ban was justified and we don't need people like you in our community. -1 Go touch some grass
I was not affiliated with these other players in the server, the actions of others shouldn't affect my chances of getting unbanned just because you see I was having a good time with some people I just met. Go ahead and check my friends list for them. As for the mic spam, I stopped when I was asked to. The only people who were having a bad experience themselves were the staff since we weren't being good law abiding citizens as seen in the video. As for the sexuality question to big sad, how are you going to tell me how sincere I was toward the question? I simply asked if they were trans so we can start getting on good mends and to see if we can have a proper conversation since everyone in the server was pretty much banned.

(side note: ironic how staff to a gmod server are telling me to go outside and touch grass)
As a starting note to my staff, we're not going to stoop to any levels and we are going to remain respectful enough no matter how bad someone else was, on threads and in server, as staff has a higher standard here. You know my expectations here on this. We don't go around calling people assholes, dicks, or anything else while in situations like this. It was handled roughly on your end, and that needs worked on asap. If things are bothering you to the point that you feel the need to insult back, call for help, take a break, anything but resulting to insulting back. I also feel like you let it go on so long to the point that it worked you up and bothered you so you weren't able to handle this clear headed enough and some things could have went a bit better. That said this is a warning for you August to learn what is and isn't okay, and fast, and rely on the rest of the team to provide help when you need it in situations like this specially where you're a target. Insults are NEVER okay. Next time will result in a strike. There is such things as being too strict, and handling things too fast, and that's something I tell you and leviathan about often. Work on finding that middle ground so blow ups can be prevented. It didn't need to get this far.

However to you xanor, it was clear any abuse here was absolutely rectified, and apologized for. The video evidence shows as such, he apologized, and slayed himself to make up for it the best that he could in that situation. So that part is going to be looked over and moving onto the next.

You want an unban, however to me personally, the way you addressed big sad, came off like you were genuinely attempting to start something there. Not to mention you did carry on for a few maps and rounds enough to deserve your ban. You guys kept targeting sad, and then august. You personally were not as severe as the rest so I am going to do denial on your unban because you were still acting disgustingly enough that I'd ban you permanently. You're welcome to try for an unban again in MINIMUM a month, after you get some of your actions sorted out. Thank you for bringing this forward and I hope your actions in the future are better.
You may apply for an unban again on 6/21/22.