Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some QOL Suggestions
An anti-spam plugin for text chat and admin warn feature that covers the entire screen. Fps booster would be nice for those of us with lower spec hardware, even on a 760 I'm seeing drops to 50 fps on certain maps. Autokicking an inactive user could save mods and admins time, as well as reporting tools that take a screencap, recent video, and sound capture from the chat. More weapons, player models, and pets would be great, like game IP's such as Halo, Minecraft, CS:GO, TF2, etc. It would be nice if we could gamble our premium points, but I understand that could defeat the purpose of dono. More ways to gamble like roulette, blackjack, and crash could make things interesting. Custom sounds that are up to date could spice things up. Gravity should be weakened for smaller props. Server warn before restarting instead of just kicking us out. Volume auto leveler to keep everyone at the same volume so no mic spam happens. More Cartoon Network and Nick related maps. Auto team switcher. IP masking for privacy and security. Animated emoticons for flare. Bullet sound and background sound disable option PLEASE. In game volume limiter/mixer for users, so we can at least balance volume ourselves. Texture streaming optimization and auto fixing, so we don't get invisible objects. Common FAQ on how to play prophunt and chat commands with !FAQ, so I don't have to answer them any more. Better map randomization on selection, preferring the lesser played ones to the more popular. In game statistics like FPS/Ticks and jitter. Smaller jetpack model. Custom gloves. Win/loss tracker. F3 menu image fixes. Idk that's all I can think of RN.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fboyki...ipo=images]
Thanks for making suggestions! I'll go through each of them. A common thing you'll see me write is WNDFT - "We need Dink for this". Dinkleberg owns the servers and he is the one that can actually add/make big changes server side. He does his work in bursts. He will disappear for a while, then join for a bit and make a bunch of changes, then disappear for a while. It take some time to get big things done.

Just to clarify some things:
Admins don't have the ability to add files to the server. The co-owner rank can do that, but there hasn't been a PH co-owner in a long, long time.
We can usually get changes to the server done 2-3 times a year.

1. Anti-spam pluggin - WNDFT. The server doesn't have spam protection on the chat, so this would be nice. These pluggins already exist.
2. FPS booster - WNDFT. Sometimes it's just the maps themselves. If you have a pluggin that you know of for gmod, edit your post to include it!
3. Autokicking - WNDFT. If the player is unassigned, sure. If the player looks AFK while on hunters/props, there is always the chance they are doing a bunch of things in the shop.
4. Reporting tools that are server side - WNDFT. I suggested this at one point, but it's probably never going to get implemented. There are limited resources for the server that Dink pays out of pocket. Donations help cover these costs, but increasing the costs for the server is probably not going happen. Realistically, we are always going to rely on players using OBS and screenshotting software client side.
5. More weapons/player models - WNDFT. I actually included this as something I want to do in my admin app. Once the files are on the server, the admins can manipulate them around into the correct categories/crates.
6. Gamble premium points - This will probably never happen. Every once in a while a user figures out a way to abuse the gambling system to get ridiculous amounts of points unfairly.
7. Different gambling games - WNDFT - I'm not sure of the complexity for including this to point shop 2. Point shop 2 is held together with duct tape as it is.
8. Custom sounds/taunts - WNDFT - there is actually a taunt suggestion thread! If you have taunts you want added, please put them there. Someday, maybe, they will get added.
9. Weaker gravity for smaller props - WNDFT - I like this idea, but only because it's really stupid to die from gravity if the fall isn't too large. Most players know to hold space when they are falling though, so this won't help too much.
10. Server warn before restarting - WNDFT - Simple change, it couldn't hurt!
11. Volume auto leveler - WNDFT - This would be pretty difficult to get installed on the server I imagine. There are a lot of great pluggins that we've never been able to get installed on the server for one reason or another. Sometimes Dink doesn't think the pluggins are that practical. Usually it's easier to just install a client side sound pluggin that does this for you.
12. More maps - WNDFT - We have a map suggestions thread! Post links to the maps you want. It takes a long while for maps to get added to the server, and before they get added, we need to test them thoroughly for illegal/exploit spots. We currently have 2 broken maps on the server we try to steer players away from, and we've been trying to get them removed for over a month now.
13. Auto team switcher - WNDFT - Probably won't get implemented because premium points are given out based on score. If the switcher moves someone so they spend more time as a hunter than a prop, then they have an unfair advantage to win premium points.
14. IP Masking - WNDFT - We just recommend that players use a VPN.
15. Animated emoticons - Can you elaborate more on this?
16. Bullet/background sound disable - WNDFT - I like this idea. I have a stop sounds bind for the background noise. Some of the guns are SUPER loud.
17 .Texture streaming/optimization - this is more just gmod servers in general. Nearly every prop hunt server I've joined has this issue. r_flushlod in console solves the problem.
18. ph FAQ - This exists, though it's not a command. Press F1 then go to PH menu, it has detailed instructions there.
19. Map randomization - WNDFT - This is something I've been pushing for as well. I just don't want maps that were just played to show up on the selector.
20. Game statistics like FPS, etc. - This is something native to gmod you can enable! It will show up in the bottom left corner of your screen.
21. Smaller jetpack model - WNDFT - Small change like this is unlikely to happen.
22. Gloves - WNDFT The current mod team is looking into additional customization.
Thanks for the response! So what I mean by game statistics is to include them in the leader board for easy access. PH FAQ wouldn't be F1 but frequently asked questions about the F3 menus points, commands for chat like !sync and ! donate, etc. Animated emoticons would be like animated forum emojis from the 2000s, such as waving, thumbs up, etc. Auto volume leveler could be implemented by using an entirely different way of VOIP, but that is a complicated task depending on the way you look at it. Point shop should just be reworked from the ground up honestly. FPS boost could be from gamebanana, they have plenty of useful scripts. If it's the map itself, then it should be optimized. IP masking isn't actually too hard if you just use a publicly available proxy. Textures should be fixed by precaching them and allowing for a !fix command in chat. AFK would kick after an absurd time of no moving, like 2-3 hours. I would love to contribute if at all possible, learning along the way. Coding is an awesome thing for me and to see  it used more than just on a discord bot would be great.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fboyki...ipo=images]