Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you smell like you farted (farted)
(06-07-2022, 02:22 PM)BryanBrr Wrote: Hi Laced,

If you could, please explain further what your modified discord client allowed you to do on our Discord server.

And as another point, what is stopping you from installing this again if you are unbanned?
Here is the response from Laced 
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(06-07-2022, 12:12 PM)caribou personal bodyguard Wrote: I don't see how the result of my forum unban is relevant to this. The reasons for my bans are completely different. Here, I was banned for using a modified Discord client. I am not using it anymore, and as such there's no more issue. Trust has nothing to do with my unban in this scenario.

In any case, if I'm not trusted to use the forums, then I see no reason to not give me a chance to prove myself in the Discord server, which has consistently shown itself to be more uptight and firm about the rules. A kind of trial run, if you will.

Fair point; let me clarify what I meant because I was rushing to get that out before clocking in:

Since committees are not in existence anymore, those in the staff team who wanted to be involved discussed your unban from the forums with Battons being the final say on the matter. Obviously he’s not some “Dinks Overlord,” but I was simply saying that considering the way that went, it might be a similar situation here where it might reach the same verdict. 

Clearly, I was mistaken with that logic based on the responses here. 

Also, what Laced does in his private discord (as long as it doesn’t involve harassing individuals from the Dinks community) has no relevance to this unban thread. 

Laced, I hope you can prove people who doubt you wrong. 

Since you’ve given me this response, I’ve changed my vote to a +1. Worst thing that can happen is you just act like an ass and you get banned again, so there isn’t much risk involved. 

Appreciate you taking the time to respond to what I had to say.
+1 let this bozo back into discord, i highly doubt he will cause any real problems
For clarity, Laced has been given strikes for multiple uses of slurs and other stuff in the past, but the modded discord client was the sole reason for this current ban. As long as he fixed that, I don't see any reason to keep the guy banned.

+1
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
Is a modded discord against the TOS? If not, why is it a big deal that he was using it?
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(06-07-2022, 04:30 PM)(j)ax Wrote: Is a modded discord against the TOS? If not, why is it a big deal that he was using it?

Basically, he was able to see channels and stuff that he really shouldn't be seeing.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(06-07-2022, 04:30 PM)(j)ax Wrote: Is a modded discord against the TOS? If not, why is it a big deal that he was using it?
[Image: uiX91sy.png]

Yes it's against the tos you can basically see deleted messages etc.

Also leaving tweet from oficiall discord ^^^ https://twitter.com/discord/status/1042341021273743360
yeah its against discord TOS

from the screenshot provided you can see that we had a message logger, and could see private channels which is definitely not something anyone needs to have.

Thank you for answering my questions, laced. I mainly was asking because we all know that you can go to extremes for humor at the expense of others in your private discord so i just really wanted to make sure you will keep a distinctive difference in the dinks discord compared to your private one. I truly want to see the best from you and want you to grow as a person so i hope you understand my concerns. I mostly just want us all to be friends again tbh.

As far as an unban, i think we should keep discord and forums as seperate entities to be appeal. I think i can support Laced coming back to the discord, But i really think he should tone down the toxicity and for the love of god stop slurring.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Thanks, was curious about it. As for the overall appeal, if that's all he was banned for I think it's fair to unban him given that it has been such a long time.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
oh yeah, I do need to post rep is back

+1 for unban, it was about your client, not about you. There should be no debate. Whip and nae nae
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator