Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule proposal.
The rule would be you can’t chase after in this case B line if that be walking or jumping/B hopping to the player with a gun. I’m not talking about walking towards to be around the player or even to the player. I’m talking about instances where they chase you to get close. Then after you try to distance yourself they continue to come directly at every time to try to get away. This is even more annoying when it is the murderer and they say you can’t shoot because I’ve done nothing and that would be RDM. But I feel like it’s kinda murder baiting to do that, it’s essentially making them focus you and when you try to get away they continue to chase you down to get close. No matter how much I try to get away they continue to chase me down. It’s usually the murderer doing this and even if you know that if you have not seen them do anything you can’t do anything about it. And by chase it a bystander doing this it usually gets you killed because you think they may be murderer with how they are chasing you down and that gives the actual murderer a easy target on you. 

It kinda ruins the fun when the murderer uses this to get close egging you on about not being able to do anything about it until they are close enough to where you can’t do anything about it. It’s particularly just one person that seems to have made a habit out of doing this.

Like today they chased me down, everyone was dead, not that I had a chance to ask if anyone was alive before the person saying I can’t shoot them for chasing kills me to even get enough proof so I could shoot them. I basically had my hands tied it was either break the rules or Die. Not that it helps that the person saying I could not do anything then says after the fact I should have shot as he chased me to long for it to just be a bystander.

Anyway I don’t think it should be allowed to chase the guy with a gun when they are trying to get away from you, unless you are the murder but in that case I don’t think they should be able to hold RDM over you for you shooting them without seeing a knife or sprinting. In other words it should not be RDM if you shoot someone who is constantly chasing you when you have the gun. Again I’m talking full blown chasing not just walking towards or around them only when they run straight towards you, you move, they run straight towards you, you move, they run straight towards you ect…..
The problem is we don't have stuff like RDM manager .You can't confirm if the people are chasing you or not. Someone can just kill someone next to him and say like "oh he was chasing me" either way we can't confirm if he was actually chasing or not. There's also no way we're gonna be able to watch everyone in full server.

Thanks for the suggestion though! I will look if I can find something about this. I have been hearing this a lot often.
I know it's difficult logistically because there's no client-side logs that are available, but in TTT I like the rule where if you give a clear warning to stop following, then any killing at that point is justified.
If the warning is done check, it's easy to look up. If it's done in VC, then hopefully someone recorded or the staff member was paying attention.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(06-12-2022, 11:46 PM)Jammin Wrote: I know it's difficult logistically because there's no client-side logs that are available, but in TTT I like the rule where if you give a clear warning to stop following, then any killing at that point is justified.
If the warning is done check, it's easy to look up. If it's done in VC, then hopefully someone recorded or the staff member was paying attention.
Feel like that would help the situation a lot. Would be easy to and a bind saying stop chasing ect..