Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make Misstie ASAB 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:39027798
Discord Tag: misstie6731

Time Played: 302 hours

When First Joined: again, not sure, game tracker says april 2015 but i think that is just for gmod in general, so probably like a year and a half ago? 

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): during the summer, anytime during the week and after 9pm on the weekends. 

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: I can help handle reports and attempt to diffuse stressful situations. I am a teacher, so while I (as well as everyone) have biases, I have a lot of experience pushing my biases aside to do what is best for people and make informed decisions. I also enjoy having a good time on the server and joking around with people, but when needed I can become more serious if the situation arises. I also believe it is important to have a diverse group of people staffing, and that includes having women as staff. Having more women as staff will hopefully help other women who join the server feel welcome and that their issues they have with other players are being handled properly, since we have dealt with those issues ourselves. 

Why you want to help the community: I really enjoy playing TTT on this server and have met some really cool people that I would call friends (one them even attended my wedding). I want to make sure that everyone is having fun. I also want to make sure female gamers feel welcome and safe on our server because as we know, it can be pretty toxic at times. 

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No, I am a good girl. 

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): ye here

How did you find us?: I honestly just picked a random server to join and stuck around!

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): I did the first time I applied for staff, I am not sure if I need to fill it out again, if I do, let me know!

Other: 
Also, I took the criticism I received on my last application and have improved upon myself. I did have a lapse in activity last week, but that was our last week of school and we were preparing for our graduation (then I got sick but im feeling better) While I do enjoy the occasional trolling, I have dialed it back and have tried to be a little helpful to staff while I am on. I also made my first ban request, so I know how to gather evidence and have a way of recording game play. I do think I would be an excellent addition to the staffing team as my availability will be pretty vast this summer. If I have more to improve upon please let me know, if not then please make me ASAB.
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
I'm a +1 Interactions with you feel way different they feel way better good luck :)
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
Also, the reason there was a huge jump in hours is i believe i put the wrong hours on there for my first app
if i put the wrong hours please let me know lol
+1 I like the steam profile
Hey Misstie! Thanks for applying again for staff.

For context, here is misstie's gametracker activity for the past 30 days: 

(due to epic embed fail, here: GameTracker)

I personally feel that this is consistent, and from my interactions with you, you haven't caused any issues. You've also done a couple ban requests and given valid input on the forums in situations. 

I'm actually going to change my vote to neutral, as I have a couple questions that I'd like you to answer:

1. To those who might think you're a "red flag" and not someone capable of being trusted, what would your response be?

2. How would you handle being flamed on server if you were in the Trusted position? Typically, as I'm sure you're aware of due to firsthand experience, there are instances where people will being disrespectful to staff, and even more towards female staff. 

3. What would be your "philosophy of staffing?" (Yes, that is a teacher culture reference to philosophy of teaching since I know you're a teacher) Basically what I'm asking is would you handle situations with an iron fist or do you feel that a more relaxed approach is appropriate?

I'll give my final vote after I hear back from you.
- Absolutely zero negative interactions/observations or cringe moments, with heavy weighting on the latter
- Good sport, e.g. the accidental microwave prop rdm yesterday

+1
+1
I haven't had any negative interactions with you in my 200 hours of playing on the server.

In addition yesterday they were very helpful when I was dealing with reports and someone was using slurs in voice chat but I didn't hear it (and because of that didn't know to do anything when I was back in game.). (Context, I was alt-tabbed checking audio from my recording for a report that claimed about a KOS that never actually happened.)
(06-15-2022, 08:00 AM)Salty Wrote: Hey Misstie! Thanks for applying again for staff.

For context, here is misstie's gametracker activity for the past 30 days: 

(due to epic embed fail, here: GameTracker)

I personally feel that this is consistent, and from my interactions with you, you haven't caused any issues. You've also done a couple ban requests and given valid input on the forums in situations. 

I'm actually going to change my vote to neutral, as I have a couple questions that I'd like you to answer:

1. To those who might think you're a "red flag" and not someone capable of being trusted, what would your response be?

2. How would you handle being flamed on server if you were in the Trusted position? Typically, as I'm sure you're aware of due to firsthand experience, there are instances where people will being disrespectful to staff, and even more towards female staff. 

3. What would be your "philosophy of staffing?" (Yes, that is a teacher culture reference to philosophy of teaching since I know you're a teacher) Basically what I'm asking is would you handle situations with an iron fist or do you feel that a more relaxed approach is appropriate?

I'll give my final vote after I hear back from you.
1. In the past I have been a red flag, but whenever I take on a task or a role I usually do it to the best of my ability. I’m not sure with my recent activity why I would still be considered a red flag, but I would just ask for those who think that to allow me to prove them wrong. 

2. I already get hella flamed (usually just by guests on the server) I for the most part respond with sarcasm or just ignore them. I really don’t take to heart what people on the internet have to say to me. And they cannot hurt my feelings more than I already hurt my own LMAO 

3. I’ll make my philosophy of staffing similar to one of my teaching philosophies. “I will make decisions based on what is best for the server and players, not based on what is convenient to me”. I would like to think that I have pretty good judgement, and can tell when to lay down the hammer, and when to maybe let a little mic spamming (thanks caribou for your recent concerts) slide.

if you have any questions about my response let me know :)

(06-15-2022, 11:03 AM)chibill Wrote: +1
    I haven't had any negative interactions with you in my 200 hours of playing on the server.

In addition yesterday they were very helpful when I was dealing with reports and someone was using slurs in voice chat but I didn't hear it (and because of that didn't know to do anything when I was back in game.). (Context, I was alt-tabbed checking audio from my recording for a report that claimed about a KOS that never actually happened.)
Just wanted to clarify for the gag I did yesterday, I did wait for about 20 seconds to make sure I wasn’t stepping on staff toes before gagging. I figured you were dealing with a report or something.
(06-15-2022, 11:45 AM)misstie6731 Wrote: 1. In the past I have been a red flag, but whenever I take on a task or a role I usually do it to the best of my ability. I’m not sure with my recent activity why I would still be considered a red flag, but I would just ask for those who think that to allow me to prove them wrong. 

2. I already get hella flamed (usually just by guests on the server) I for the most part respond with sarcasm or just ignore them. I really don’t take to heart what people on the internet have to say to me. And they cannot hurt my feelings more than I already hurt my own LMAO 

3. I’ll make my philosophy of staffing similar to one of my teaching philosophies. “I will make decisions based on what is best for the server and players, not based on what is convenient to me”. I would like to think that I have pretty good judgement, and can tell when to lay down the hammer, and when to maybe let a little mic spamming (thanks caribou for your recent concerts) slide.

I feel that your responses here are appropriate.

I think the only thing that will hinder you from getting this approved is that some may feel that the warning you recieved on 5/7/22 is too recent for them to believe that you have done a 180. As someone who used to cause issues myself, I can attest that it takes a LOT of time to build up trust if you've done questionable things in the past. 

For example, when I first applied for discord staff in January, there was a complete lack of trust for leaking staff in the general discord 9 months ago. It was completely justified, as what I did completely dissolved any trust. 

When I looked back at your first app, something that caught my eye was when Jammin mentioned that you went after a "snitch" on the forums (thread here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=14494

This might be a cringe take to some, but again, people just want to be 100% sure they can trust you before you're brought on the team.

As for my opinion? I feel that if you were to wait just a little bit more (maybe another month or 2) so I have seen that you're consistent, you'll earn my complete trust. 

I hope that this doesn't irritate you, I'm just explaining rationale from someone who was in a rather similar position to you 5 months ago.

Thank you for answering my questions, and I wish you the best of luck!
(06-15-2022, 12:34 PM)Salty Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 11:45 AM)misstie6731 Wrote: 1. In the past I have been a red flag, but whenever I take on a task or a role I usually do it to the best of my ability. I’m not sure with my recent activity why I would still be considered a red flag, but I would just ask for those who think that to allow me to prove them wrong. 

I feel that your responses here are appropriate.

I think the only thing that will hinder you from getting this approved is that some may feel that the warning you recieved on 5/7/22 is too recent for them to believe that you have done a 180. As someone who used to cause issues myself, I can attest that it takes a LOT of time to build up trust if you've done questionable things in the past. 

For example, when I first applied for discord staff in January, there was a complete lack of trust for leaking staff in the general discord 9 months ago. It was completely justified, as what I did completely dissolved any trust. 

When I looked back at your first app, something that caught my eye was when Jammin mentioned that you went after a "snitch" on the forums (thread here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=14494

This might be a cringe take to some, but again, people just want to be 100% sure they can trust you before you're brought on the team.

As for my opinion? I feel that if you were to wait just a little bit more (maybe another month or 2) so I have seen that you're consistent, you'll earn my complete trust. 

I hope that this doesn't irritate you, I'm just explaining rationale from someone who was in a rather similar position to you 5 months ago.

Thank you for answering my questions, and I wish you the best of luck!
If I am being honest, I know I have a few warns due to a slur, and that last one I honestly did not think I would get. I had spelled Baguette with an f, which I had done a few days prior with other staff on and did not get warned. I thought it was something that was just on the line enough not to get warned. My other warns were back in 2021 I believe. 
The other thing being the "whos the snitch post", it was posted in shitposting (about 10 months ago) and even though I can tell how it can be misinterpreted, it was meant as a joke. I can sometimes have a very weird sense of humor and its sometimes hard to pick up when I am joking. I have dialed back on that kind of humor. Since the shit post was posted almost a year ago, I (in my opinion) don't think it should be a reason I do not become staff. Please do not misinterpret this as arguing, I just wanted to explain my side of things and my thought process with it.