Poll: Do you like the rules and punishments on the server, as they currently are?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ye
29.41%
5 29.41%
na
70.59%
12 70.59%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whatchu think bout the server's rules
So should I start being harsher on the people that unironically harass me for being staff?
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(06-16-2022, 04:47 PM)Battons Wrote: So should I start being harsher on the people that unironically harass me for being staff?
Absolutely, law down the ban hammer sir.  Cool
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
we also might be able to get rid of rdm x1 and leave bans, day bans kinda silly. 2 and above i understand

(06-16-2022, 04:33 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote: One thing that I do not like about the rules is the punishments. When we look at individuals that have an insane number of warns tied to their account, it's difficult to treat them as though they do not know what they are doing wrong. However, I feel as though this is a fundamental problem with the awarn system --- the idea that a person does not deserve a sort of courtesy call if you will. I think that no matter the player, no matter the punishment -- save for zero tolerance things, you know what I'm talking about -- everyone should get an initial 'hey, chill out dude'. If they continue after that courtesy, that's their own fault. This also makes appealing whatever punishment they received that much harder. Being banned for general trolling or micspam seemingly out of nowhere is no fun for anyone, especially the victim of the ban. Everyone should get a warning before they get banned. Not like, "Hey I'm about to ban you, just wanted to let you know." I mean, "Hey, if you keep up with this any more I will ban you."

As far as the revision of the rules, I have been thinking of a system overhaul that is more of a reorganization of the rules with an emphasis on ease of understanding why you got punished and ease of dishing out the punishments as well. 

TTT Rules ‘Tier’ Revision

Draft 1 6/16/22

This rule rehaul is not to fundamentally change the rules of the server, but rather, to reorganize them into a more easily digestible format. This rule revision is aimed to streamline not only the interpretation of the rules but also to ease the stress of giving punishments as well. The rules will be divided up into four separate tiers with each increase in tier and increase in punishment as well. These tiers will cover almost all of the rules that can be found on TTT, save for the specific TTT rules, listed below

- General TTT Rules
o Do not RDM
o Do not False KOS
o Do not Call Bounties

Tier 1 Rules
Kick – 6-Day Ban
Strikes expire within 2 weeks

- Spam
          o This includes micspam, chatspam, chat flooding, arguments, and various other things that may interfere with gameplay or a fun, healthy server environment. Of course, this will have to be staff discretion
- False Reports/Lying in Reports
- Arguing with Staff
- Earrape queues
- Minor violations of Teaming & Ghosting
- Metagaming
- Prop Interference
- Karma Baiting
- Delaying

Tier 2 Rules
1 Week Ban – 1 Month Ban
Strikes Expire After 3 Months

- Racism/Homophobia/Use of Slurs/Derogatory Language
        o Just because you do not use a slur does not make it okay
- Teaming
- Ghosting
- Abuse of glitches/Exploiting
- Abuse of Commands

Tier 3 Rules
3 Month Ban – Perma Ban
Strikes Expire After 6 months

- Hacking
- Harassment/Flaming
- DDoS Threats/DDoS
- Doxing
- Minge

Tier 4 Rules
This shit is like, really bad 6 mo – community ban

- Really bad shit
- Community ban type shit
- Ultimately staff discretion

The way this system works is simple, it’s just like playing baseball. If you get three strikes, you move up a tier – except for Tier 4. In other words, you would have to have to violate the Tier 1 Rules 9 times in order to receive a ban of 3 mo – perma. Of course, you could mix and match with 3 T1 violations and 2 T2, or a combination of things.
This is a great idea, we should classify things in tiers as obviously some things are not as deep as other things, and it seems like an easier way to keep track of things, especially if we're getting rid of old instances (removing awarns is not hard at all). I know of a server that does something of the sort with different class warnings depending on the offense, and different punishments depending on the class. If I get permission from that owner/ and battons, I'll provide an image showing a rough idea of what they do. They don't stack it like 3 class 1 = 1 class 2, but I think that's a fair adaptation.
(06-16-2022, 01:49 AM)Noire ♜ Wrote: hi, how are you all

got a few questions for you

1. Do you think that the way the server currently has its rules & punishments set up is adequate for a healthy and fun gaming experience? Why or why not?

I'd say the rules right now allow for *some* level of "fun". But also, everyones definition of it in game is different. Maybe there could be a little more flexibility from us staff members.
I will have to agree with what everyone else has said - harassment is taken lightly. And not only in terms of punishment, but also what we consider/label as harassment in the first place. 

2. On a scale of 1 - 10 how prepared would you say the staff members on the server are to deal with situations faced with -- as far as punishing the breaking of said rules, blah blah. 

I believe that most of the people who apply for staff have a theorical knowledge on how to deal with things, but on the practice, this flaws. Maybe we could implement like a trial period once someone becomes staff, or is promoted even as well. Like an actual "trial" period, to really get ahold of the rules/guidelines.. But I know it's hard to do. This would also benefit the applicant because at first, whatever mistakes are made there are only to learn from and not to be considered as "infraction worthy". I don't know if I am making sense. 

3. While staffing on the server, how well do you think that the staff facilitates the upholding of these rules, while also understanding the current atmosphere of the server in order to provide a fun and entertaining environment for most, if not all players on the server. 

Lately we have seen more flexibility but that's not always the case. Here's the problem: not everyone enjoys this "flexibility". It hasn't been discussed before, so for a staff member to begin to allow certain things (like caribou singing on cruise or similar stuff), staff should come to an understanding on the matter, and let it be known to regulars (staff discretion won't and shouldn't always back you up). This would avoid things like this. I personally wouldn't want to get in trouble because I am allowing something that 27 people are enjoying and 2 aren't and complain about it. 

4. What, if anything, do you like or not like about the rules.

I am neutral about the rdm+leave day ban.  

As everyone else has pointed out: the harassment guidelines.

5. What would you change in the rules or punishments, if you could.  

Rmd+leave is kinda dumb (specially because "serving" a slay means staying on until the roundin which you are supposed to serve it. People leave as soon as the round starts which IMO isn't serving it either. So no more rdm+leave.

About harassment guidelines, we should do as Misstie said. Specify on the rules what is considered to be harasment, and I'd add to have levels of it. I don't think it is the same to have a player insult you, or continuing to argue with you (which can tone down after a ban), than being targetted by a certain individual, being sent sexual comments or hearing sexual remarks about you in game, etc.

ME
[Image: Limon_T3.jpg?ex=65b9d342&is=65a75e42&hm=...height=468]
ima take this opportunity to get on the permaban soapbox again, we use permanent bans very liberally community wide, and while permabans are a good course of action in several situations, they should be used more sparingly than they are. I'm not going to ramble too long about it because I've already made like 40 threads about it, but for a lot of situations where we use permabans (mass RDM, ghosting, teaming), we should be using long-term temporary bans instead (6 months - 2 years).

also racism rules still too lax, if you get banned for saying slurs and you're mad about it, gtfo

edit: also rdm and leave bans still dumb, they already have the autoslay, why is leaving the server an offense if they get slain when they reconnect anyway
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(06-16-2022, 04:47 PM)Battons Wrote: So should I start being harsher on the people that unironically harass me for being staff?

no because you are no longer staff
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(06-17-2022, 12:06 PM)troll facer Wrote: snip
 literally never thought I would agree with this statement but like, yeah, rdm rules are stupid as fuck. It doesn't matter how ingrained they are into TTT. The only reason that Mass RDM is a perma ban is literally just so the individual would appeal and apologize... I mean... kinda dumb. But it be what it be ig
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator