Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users and spectating props.
Since many other regulars have asked this (according to Zzxv) I'm gonna post this here.
I don't care either way, but some regulars believe users shouldn't be able to spectate props, and only have the ability to free-cam. This would obviously help greatly with the amount of ghosters we see. On the other hand though, this may discourage some players as they wont be able to learn spots and it would make it even harder to find regular players.
[Image: image.png]
This could help with the ghosting problem but i do believe that a lot of new players will get discourage quickly when they can't learn the extra sweaty spots we go for :] looking at certain someone. i suggest if it's considered to just try it out and see how it will affect the player base and from then go for a 100% choice.
[Image: crimson.gif]

Carson sweats too much.

[Image: 1V8jMf6.png]
Yeah this fixes ghosting, but anyone with user rank is probably going to be dead in the first two minutes anyway, and restricting them to just freecam is going to make spectating even more boring than normal. People popping off in VC watching the soda can dodge bullets matrix style is like half the fun of playing prophunt for new players, taking that away would kinda kill that for them
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(06-18-2022, 12:22 AM)troll facer Wrote: Yeah this fixes ghosting, but anyone with user rank is probably going to be dead in the first two minutes anyway, and restricting them to just freecam is going to make spectating even more boring than normal. People popping off in VC watching the soda can dodge bullets matrix style is like half the fun of playing prophunt for new players, taking that away would kinda kill that for them
Yeah thats kinda the reason I dont care whether or not it would happen. Ghosting isnt the worst thing in the world as ban requests exist, and I would rather have people stay and have fun, with the occasional ghoster around from time to time, then a bunch of new players leaving cause they find the server boring.
[Image: image.png]
I'm in two minds about it, obviously this would drastically improve the ghosting situation which is a massive plus however I'm not sure its worth the trade off. My whole game knowledge has been based off of watching better players play and I'm not sure its worth it to deny new players that.

My main issue is not being able to spectate people effectively to gather evidence whilst staff are offline, the last cheater I was trying to follow I ended up chasing the wrong player for half the round and missing out on dirt to get them banned. Perhaps an alternative could be to allow regular ranked players the ability to use spectator? While this won't reduce the number of players ghosting we get on the server, it will make it easier for us to deal with them.