Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unban Appeal
(06-11-2022, 11:32 PM)Reina Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 06:58 PM)brock (jax) Wrote: Wrote: Truly, what *is* the difference between what Bologna said vs Fasda and Reina?

None of us are black (Bologna confirmed this by saying he's Hispanic in the discord), and both people who spoke about hating white people are white. There's a difference between self-deprecating humor and hate speech. 
(sorry if the formatting is fucked, quoting a post with a quote in it on mobile is difficult)

Self-depreciating is when you speak about yourself, not a group of people. There are more people in the "white" category than just yourself. "I'm such a pussy" is self depreciating. "I want to exterminate all jews" is not self-depreciating, even if I am in fact Jewish. I should also note that self-depreciating doesn't really hold up - As the current rules are, even if I'm gay, I can't say "God i'm such a f*g." Even if I'm black I can't say n***er.

At the end of the day, I don't think any of what has been said should be moderated, especially since I say shit like that all the time. However, that includes moderating scrubs like Bologna. However, until the discord guidelines reflect the fact that "people who have been here longer, get more leniency" (which is something I subscribe to) I am relating this all to the guidelines / current rules, which make no distinction.

I should also note, that I honestly don't find what you said wrong but if I'm being honest, I don't think Bologna said anything that warranted the action taken.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
-1 serve out your ban dawg. I don't know much about this situation but reading what people have said its a def -1
[Image: BbGd4LU.jpeg]
Also, I want to bring up that last night in the Town Hall it was discussed that using soft a n slur, is something that may be allowed / people have been getting their strikes removed for saying it. So that right there, is already 2 “shaky” warns out of the 5 received. On top of that, as I mentioned before I dont think the “I want to exterminate all pedophiles” is really a solid warn either. So, really he has 2 “indisputable” strikes, which in my opinion doesn’t warrant a week ban.

That being said, this is my last reply to the topic. I’ve already spent way too long invested in this lmao. I just wanted to bring some counter points. Curious to see a response by Jammin or Les.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
I appreciate all of the feedback, and I do appreciate the counterpoints Jax.
As was discussed in the townhall the other day, the intention behind the posts is what is important - not just the content of the posts. Each time Bologna has had corrective action issued to him - which has included 3 strikes as well as multiple verbal warnings and brief timeouts - he used the content of his messages to bait a counter, then replied to that counter-point by attacking the person and stirring up an argument. Normal debates, as we discussed, are back and forth conversations about potentially controversial topics that can accomplish understanding and potential change in perspective, while arguments are devolved mud-slinging fests that accomplish nothing but make the discord a miserable place. He wasn't issued strikes for wanting to "exterminate" others - he was given strikes for making a nuisance out of himself by starting useless arguments.

As for the soft-a n-word, that is still very much a strikable offense. Until we can confirm otherwise, my position is that this is a Discord restriction, not a Dinks restriction. We are willing to remove one strike from an auto-mod strike if the person indicates that they were unaware (at which point we hope they actually read the rules), but Bologna hasn't appealed either strike.

This unban appeal has been denied per a vote of the discord staff. Please refrain from making a nuisance of yourself when you return in a few days.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks