Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Prop Hunt, Formally
(06-23-2022, 12:17 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: We even had an incident where someone used three alt accounts to vote for the same person every time. Soon after that, I just stopped doing it because I did not care about it, the staff were not concerned with it, and I was not going to sit there and fucking check IPs to see if people were committing "voter fraud".

PEOPLE DOING VOTER FRAUD ON THE DINKLEBERG FOURMS??????? that's fucking insane LMAO

This is why we could never do an Admin election.... smh
I don't really see a point to it since it's not going to really show much.
If we somehow limited voting to players that actually played prop hunt, then maybe it would mean something.
However, I think this would turn into a glorified popularity contest with little positive benefit.
(06-23-2022, 01:13 PM)chelllman Wrote: I don't really see a point to it since it's not going to really show much.
If we somehow limited voting to players that actually played prop hunt, then maybe it would mean something.
However, I think this would turn into a glorified popularity contest with little positive benefit.
As someone that continued this tradition that nicky started, this is all it is. While it's fun and seems innocent it just leaves people with hurt feelings because of buddies voting for buddies and not actual work the staff members put in. I used to love it but it devolved into a popularity thing.
See, I didn't really think something as simple as a poll on the forums could be potential for toxicity; after reading what all has been said, I think that it's probably best that this doesn't return simply due to the fact that staff already deal with quite a few headaches on server, trying to deal with additional "drama" that could spring up due to said poll would be asinine. 

It's a good idea on paper, but when it's executed, it can run south fast. The only way I can think of currently that we could counteract that kind of "let's vote for buddies instead of who's actually working hard" situation is if we had a rule that people who were SOTM (top 3 finalists) the previous month couldn't win it consecutively. Of course, that doesn't truly fix the issue, but what'd be the best course of action is just simply NOT bring it back.
Yeah as much as I and I'm sure the majority of the PH Community absolutely appreciate our staff members and the help they provide keeping the peace, this is a silly idea that doesn't provide anything really useful. I never saw the point in coming together to vote for monthly shining stars. I can't see it now either so my input would be to leave this thing buried.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
The Mod team has talked it out and we will NOT be bringing back the Staff member of the month. Everyone's feelings on it are on the same level. If you like and appreciate a certain staff member or members you can always let them know personally.

We will however be bringing back the monthly announcements!
Keeping yall kinda up to speed on what we plan to do and work on in the future and get your feedback and suggestions.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.