Unban Request
I was the one who approved Cosmic Tortoise(aka Guru Drak)'s ban (his ban was a long time coming). At the time Cosmic was a very unreasonable person to play with and he was given many chances. He did not learn when people told him not to do something and caused more issues and migraines for staff at the time than anyone could ever imagine. Any staff at the time could tell you that. His ban can be summed up as a culmination of 

-mass delaying(doing nothing the entire time as traitor, he claimed to be playing "mind games") and would complain when he would get slain for delay (which honestly he is the only person I remember that ever got slayed for that genuinely) example here did not do anything for roughly 12 minutes
- lacking a fundamental understanding of the rules and how they apply see here for an example cus I can't find all my legendary guru screenshots atm. He would randomly sus people and when he would get killed he would often claim it was rdm when it was not in fact rdm.
-constant false reports(include frequent abuse threads like this and thisusing rdm manager for ridiculous "verbal harassment" reports when people complained about his delaying and just false reports in general for valid kills)

- targeting issues (I remember there were some issues with him targeting people like Jimbo and Aeth0r, but out of fairness some people seemed to target cosmic at times as well. I would add that there were times Cosmic had legitimate reports/ban requests on people and people crossing a line when they got upset at him for all these issues)
- arguing about everything and would never listen when we told him to not do something or correct something
- maybe a few small things I'm missing, I wish I had my screenshots of him on hand but I cannot for the life of me find them in dms and I don't really want to look through all 500+ of my gmod screenshots (I looked through like a page haha). But there are probably some in staff discord sitting there.

other threads of interest - here(good discussion thread), here(thread about "mind games")

As much of a migraine Cosmic was to deal with, it was years ago and a lot of people that played at the time/or were staff are gone. I'd like to think that all these years away have changed Mr. Drak for the better. And that our community has gotten better. He also seems willing to re-read the rules (which... we have told him many times to do... so I hope he does). I think it would be worth it to give him another chance on a very short leash and if any of these issues with him arise like last time don't give him as much rope as before and do an immediate ban. So +1 I suppose, let's see how different he is. I like his willingness to say he was in a less toxic environment and has become a new person after 3 years. I also had a nice chat with Cosmic when I was talking with him about appealing. He is still a legend whose name is thrown around in this community and people get a lot of laughs out of what he did (good laughs). So I believe giving him another chance is worth it. 

I would like Cosmic to answer this question though: After all this time, do you finally acknowledge that these were issues with you? And if so, can we trust that you have changed - specifically with the false reports, re-understanding the rules of the game, and mass delaying?
when the players and staff of dinks needed him most, he vanished. Now, we need him back. +1.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
As a staff member when he was at his peak, +1.
On the off chance he hasnt changed new staff get trained on stuff they probably never had to deal with.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(07-05-2022, 08:54 PM)Gabe Wrote: As much of a migraine Cosmic was to deal with, it was years ago and a lot of people that played at the time/or were staff are gone. I'd like to think that all these years away have changed Mr. Drak for the better. And that our community has gotten better. He also seems willing to re-read the rules (which... we have told him many times to do... so I hope he does). I think it would be worth it to give him another chance on a very short leash and if any of these issues with him arise like last time don't give him as much rope as before and do an immediate ban. So +1 I suppose, let's see how different he is. I like his willingness to say he was in a less toxic environment and has become a new person after 3 years. I also had a nice chat with Cosmic when I was talking with him about appealing. He is still a legend whose name is thrown around in this community and people get a lot of laughs out of what he did (good laughs). So I believe giving him another chance is worth it. 

I would like Cosmic to answer this question though: After all this time, do you finally acknowledge that these were issues with you? And if so, can we trust that you have changed - specifically with the false reports, re-understanding the rules of the game, and mass delaying?

Anger issues yes, to that last point.  Hearing screaming or mocking in voice in the game didn't help things.  As cliche as it is, trust is earned rather than given.  Anyone could say they have changed, the real point is to prove it to give it meaning.

When I read the word legend in there (bold and italic'd), tried thinking of anything I did that would fit that.  Only one game came up and stuck to my memory.

~Last traitor on that fast food map, against 4 or 5 innocents holed up in a small room on the second story of the building next to the gun store.  c4 would be too noisy and a waste of a credit.

Threw grenades up there, but only smoke or discombob variants.  They laughed about it on mic, until it was a Holy Hand Grenade thrown through the window.  As soon as the music que played, there was screaming, followed by victory for traitors.~
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
One of the most famous (or infamous) names this server has ever had returns.

Guru, you were a giant pain in my side. It felt like you were doing everything in your power to troll and diminish the experience of every person you came across. Your T round delaying was impressive and rage inducing at the same time. To put it mildly, you could be an awful person to play with.

I say all of that to say that I am totally on board for an unban. I echo Gabe's thoughts when he says that it's clear that you've changed (whether that be for the ban appeal or genuine is yet to be seen, but at least you acknowledged that you were a handful). A lot of people have come back recently and I think it would be cool if you came back as well. Hope to see you soon, Cosmic.

+1 for unban
Epicguy has summed up how I felt at the time when you were around, that was when I was still staff, however there has been a significant time between then and now and I do think people can change, however I also know people sometimes dont change so I do agree with the temporary shorter leash if you are unbanned. Cant wait to see you return lad!

+1 unban
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
+1 been a bit might as well.
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
On one of my occasional lurk visits here and was intrigued as I saw this name. I was staff at the time he was around, and he was indeed quite the headache at that time, but let’s be real, that time was years ago at this point. And years on any GMod server is an eternity. The fact this place even still exists is exceedingly rare for a GMod server/community of any type. And that will certainly mean a lot of change has happened. It’s high time that if he wants to come back a changed man, he’s long overdue for that chance.

+1
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Your appeal has been Accepted! Welcome back Guru/Cosmic Tortoise!
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers