Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7-7-2022
Discord Name: Salty

Discord ID: saltychapdaddy#0417

When First Joined(Estimate): May 2020

What is your age: 22
What rank are you applying for (Helper or Moderator): Moderator

What can you do to help the Discord community: I would like to be able to help out more in the discord as a Moderator. It would grant me the ability to permanently ban individuals, which would be helpful in situations such as a minge gets on the discord and causes issues or someone is sending spam links. Considering that my highest activity in this community is on the discord, I can usually get to things very quickly during the day and I'd say that I usually handle them in a professional manner. 

Other: One legitimate concern that I can think the community might have is that I might experience burnout like I did during the 2020 tenure due to climbing the ranks too quickly. I can't say with 100% certainty that won't happen again, but what I will say is that I feel a lot more confident in myself as a person and I know how to step away and not "overdo" it. 

If you have any other criticism/feedback, I ask that you please share it. Whether it's publicly on here or privately via DMs, I appreciate any and ALL feedback, especially if it's negative; that "negative" feedback is good because you're telling me what I need to improve on, and I will do that regardless of if I get approved or denied.
This better not become you, again.
[Image: salty.png]

Truthfully, I do not see any issue with you elevating to the next level for Discord. You are extremely helpful. I am concerned that you are taking on too much at one time. I know it's summer break but, I don't want you to burn out when school starts again.

Please prove me wrong. +1
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(07-07-2022, 08:40 AM)BryanBrr Wrote:
Truthfully, I do not see any issue with you elevating to the next level for Discord. You are extremely helpful. I am concerned that you are taking on too much at one time. I know it's summer break but, I don't want you to burn out when school starts again.

Please prove me wrong. +1

A major reason why that happened was because I didn’t know how to balance my work and social life. 2 years has given me time to develop that lacking skill, so I feel confident that I won’t get burned out.
Edit: what Reina said does concern me if it’s been an continuous issue. I think if that’s the case it may be better to give it more time to improve on some of these things and try again next month rather than jump right into it to ensure the issue won’t continue. I still believe Salty has the potential to succeed in the role but timing is everything. So just going to leave my observations below rather than a “vote,” as people call it or whatever. I will say though based on my conversation with salty I think he can also use that time to improve on what I did suggest to him regardless if it's denied or approved

From my interactions with Salty I could tell he is everything you would expect from someone in a Discord Moderator position. He's always helpful, level-headed, I have seen him firsthand take the job seriously, knows how to not undermoderate or overmoderate(from what I have seen myself), and shows a genuine interest in bettering the community and making it as welcoming and positive as possible. 

I understand the concern about taking on more responsibility and the burnout but really do not see the issue as an issue to hinder promotion if he shows confidence in himself and knows his boundaries for overdoing things. Everyone needs a step back sometimes, it's normal. I would be concerned if it was an in-game promotion to Moderator and climbing those ranks a bit too fast. Being a Discord Mod and taking on that additional responsibility compared to a Moderator in one the game servers(by this I mean TTT and PH, sorry murder and DR :) jk ), is a lot more manageable than having to bear the burden of being on a computer, logging into the game, and carrying out all the responsibilities that come with that rank on top of in-game responsibility.  

Considering how under-staffed the discord is it would also be nice to have another Moderator who is a well-known, active, and respected face in the discord as a ban-capable person.  

As for criticism, I might have one small suggestion rather than a "criticism" to work on but I will tell you privately because it was just something I observed once and I'm not sure if it's actually an issue with you or not, so would not to be fair to put it here. (it's nothing big dw).
Salty's one of the few discord staff members who doesn't overmoderate the server, denying him would be foolish. +1.
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
I'm still concerned by the fact that you talk over me and repeat things I've already said while I'm trying to handle a situation. I've DM'd you about it and you assured me you'd work on it, then you continued doing it. Rather than working around your teammates and trying to take over when you see them doing something, you need to learn how to work with others and communicate effectively. I feel like giving you the moderator position while you're still doing this will only make you more likely to step in while a helper is trying to deal with something because now you'll believe you can handle it faster.
I have little knowledge of how well Salty is doing as a discord helper.
My only concern is with how fast this promotion would be. Looking at your discord helper app here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=16425, you posted it on 06/01/22 and it was accepted on 06/07/22. You've only been a discord helper for roughly 5 weeks now. You were staff in the past, but doesn't this seem a bit rushed?

TTT, Murder, PH all have minimum time requirements between the ranks. There isn't a test mod rank for discord, so I just feel this jump is a little early.
Hey salty, thanks for applying!

I'm kinda neutral on this, as in one way I feel you are ready
but in the other i don't, I personally feel you need a bit more time but I'm also worried you might get to burnt out again as you have in the past.

I know you stated you can't promise you will or not, and I get everyone will get tired eventually (understandably) its just i dont want you to burn yourself out, but I think just take it easy, wait a bit longer, my personal opinion anyway.

Best of luck!!
[Image: titan.gif]
I think more time would be beneficial rather than jumping straight into higher ranks. Considering there are issues that others seem to have I think it'd be better to iron these out before hand of getting Discord Moderator. 

I know myself talking about burnout is rich considering almost every app I've made has had it mentioned in some shape or form, I do think it's a real thing for sure. Maybe just slow your pace and absorb the experience for now and try again at a later date. More time can't hurt. 

As of now I'm more or less against the app. Good luck though. -1
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Per @Salty, He appreciates all the feedback he received, and he wants to work on some of those points over the next month.
He has asked me to close the app and deny it at this time, so consider this done.

Application is denied and may be refiled on August 10th, 2022.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks