Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salty is bad
i apologize for my earlier meme comment, I genuinely thought this was a shitpost. I'll actually give some constructive feedback.

Right now I would give a -1, I agree with what Norm said. 5,233 out of your 5,870 messages in the discord are in the ph channel. The gap between activity in other channels seems to consistently range from days to weeks and almost months sometimes. While it's ok not to be active in every channel always, I think there should be some more consistent activity outside of the ph channel. I think if you want to become discord staff you're going to have to break out of that ph bubble and interact with members of the community from other servers more rather than just ph. I know you said that you "check every other channel at least once a day." While that is a good start, lurking around all the channels is not enough. Actually interacting with those in other channels is important. I think this is important because otherwise a lot of members of the community won't really know who you are unless they frequently check the ph channel or are actively involved in ph part of the community. I say this as someone who is pretty active by discord standards and I rarely see you outside of the ph channel. 

Since being a discord staff is an entire community-wide position, I feel like a prerequisite of becoming staff is being a known face across the entire community. Right now it does not seem that way. So, I'd ultimately suggest being more active outside of the ph channel if this position genuinely interests you. Also I'll echo Norm and Kap's comments of the lack of effort in the original post, therefore making it seem like a shitpost to some. I do not really know you otherwise or your staffing ability, so I will leave that to others to comment about. But from the looks of it so far it seems like you are a good person with potential.
Although I agree with the title of this app I also want to specify that while he isn't active in all channels it's not like he has no community presence. Birdbrain can be seen from multiple channels outside of #PH. 

Just a few quick searches on Discord per messages.

Whether that is always helping or not I can't say for sure because I'm not going to look through the whopping 6k messages he has in Discord. He is a known community member with presence in plenty of places and has done well in PH. 

I did not see the start of this app before it was edited so I can't comment if there was any effort put in previously. I do see effort and a desire to help out. My only hope is that this is a desire to help out and not some push from members such as Salty. Make sure you want this before continuing. 

Considering my experience with you as a person, and a staff member I don't really see an issue with not supporting this app. Just try to take things seriously the first time around as already being a staff member there is a certain expectation that we should meet but I know for a fact you can well. Good luck Flightless Bird

So considering recent evidence I'm going to remain neutral. It didn't look as bad as one might think from the short video but at the same time being staff you should already know not to act like some random Gmod Troll on other Dink's servers. Everything else has been respectable as far as answers and you've gone out of your way to try and step into other channels as per other's complaints. I think in the future you will do well but as of now waiting a little bit shouldn't hurt.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
God you are so dumb Wilfry.
Anywho, I don't really know how staffing on discord works, but he staffs fine in Prop Hunt, so I guess I can give this dumbass a +1. Good Luck.
[Image: image.png]
+1

Not sure where the talk of engagement is coming from, since the dudes consistently active in most of the main channels. Guys got a good head on his shoulders and I think he deserves a shot at this. Remember this is just the starting discord role. Just train the dude and it’ll be fine.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
Okay, since I'm sober  Wilfry AND you edited your post to not be a shitpost I'm going to take this more seriously. 

I share similar concerns to both Ryzif and Gabe; I would quite honestly want you to wait another month and then see if you still want to moderate the discord server and not just apply because I said "please do it! We'd love to have you!"

Activity can better; sure, Ryzif showed active messages, but it was 54 messages compared to 5,200 + in PH, 387 in Murder, and 7 in DR (DR probably shouldn't count because it's dead but it was still factored into the average). For comparison, Reina (our newest accepted member) has an average approximately at 3,328 messages across the 4 main servers with nearly 19,000 messages sent in general.

I average approximately 2,883 messages across the 4 servers, with 14,565 messages in general.

For comparison, your average across the 4 servers is approximately 1,420 and you have 105 messages sent in general. The only member on our team who has a similar activity level to you is Foxka, with an average of 1,953 messages across the 4 servers and has 16,195 messages sent in general.  The big difference is... Foxka has substantially more community engagement than you, but he's also been a part of the community since 2017, so he has a 4 year lead on you.

Sure, the PH and Murder communities might know you, but one of the most activity communities, TTT, only knows you for "getting on TTT to troll" from what I've heard, and at that, maybe only a few people know you for that. 

So, again, I'll just say this:

I think that if you show improvement on this with a second application next month, I will give you an easy +1. 

For now, it is a -1. Best of luck to you on your app.
More staff is better than no staff. Wilfry has experience as a TMod in PH and I think they'd do a good job as a discord helper with said experience. I'll support this app for a sweetroll.

+1.
Just saying. Being expected to partake in different tabs of servers or topics you don't take part in is a bit unfair. I could frequent the general, ttt, and food channels, but I'll get withheld because I'm not interested in watching the push the possum or computer setup tab? Just use the discord staff ping. It's there for a reason.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(07-09-2022, 07:22 AM)Mana Wrote: Just saying. Being expected to partake in different tabs of servers or topics you don't take part in is a bit unfair. I could frequent the general, ttt, and food channels, but I'll get withheld because I'm not interested in watching the push the possum or computer setup tab? Just use the discord staff ping. It's there for a reason.

The issue becomes a "who are you" and respect issue; I won't speak for Gabe or Norm, but I personally have doubts that he would be respected due to not being well known to people outside PH. I'm not trying to suggest that he sends 10k messages in each server, as that's completely asinine. 

Yes, it's an online community, but this is something that applies in ALL situations and aspects in life: people already hate being told what to do by people they know, they hate it EVEN more if it's from someone they don't know. 

I think he would be good Discord staff... in good time. A little longer wouldn't hurt. 

I know that KaptainLes was accepted for significantly less activity in the discord (look here) but I still have doubts that Wilfry is 100% certain that he wants to be Discord Staff, considering he initially made this app as a shitpost.
(07-09-2022, 07:37 AM)Salty Wrote:
(07-09-2022, 07:22 AM)Mana Wrote: snip

snip

Yes, it's an online community, but this is something that applies in ALL situations and aspects in life: people already hate being told what to do by people they know, they hate it EVEN more if it's from someone they don't know. 

snip

Fortunately, we really don't need to care if someone breaking the rules doesn't like being told what to do by someone they don't know. 
I think too much thought is being given to "what will people who push the boundaries of the rules think!?" and "I don't know this person" instead of:
1. Is Wilfry trainable? (Absolutely)
2. Does Wilfry act impartially when analyzing situations and handing out punishments? (Yes he does)
3. Does Wilfry know his limitations and call for help when the situations arises? (Yes he does)
4. Does Wilfry collect evidence to support the punishments he hands out? (Yes he does)
5. Will Wilfry keep staff accountable if their behavior is unbecoming of a staff member? (Yes he will)

If someone doesn't like being told what to do by Wilfry (assuming he's discord staff), then they can make an abuse thread.  Knowing the evidence Wilfry collects before/after giving out a punishment, I highly doubt any abuse threads will find judgement against Wilfry.

You want an impartial staff member? You got it with Wilfry.  I've worked with him extensively on PH, and he's an exceptional staff member.

I've never liked staff app comments that focus on popularity/community engagement, especially for Trusted/Helper roles.  These roles are preparation for TMod/Moderator roles.  They are expected to make mistakes and learn from them.
More importantly, I've seen Wilfry punish friends exactly the same way he punishes random people he doesn't know.  He will follow the discord guidelines and not care how popular/unpopular someone is in the community or whether they are his close personal friend or someone he doesn't know.  He knows when to defer to the judgement of those above his rank.

Denying him because people won't like being told what to do by someone they don't know is silly.
Denying him because he prefers to interact in certain sections of the discord is silly.
Overlooking the 5 points I made above is silly.
Most importantly, overlooking the testimony from people that work with Wilfry on a daily basis is silly.

I'd be happy to answer more questions about Wilfry's ability here or in DMs if anyone has any additional concerns.
+1
(07-09-2022, 04:41 AM)Salty Wrote: I share similar concerns to both Ryzif and Gabe; I would quite honestly want you to wait another month and then see if you still want to moderate the discord server and not just apply because I said "please do it! We'd love to have you!"
I know you might think this since it was like under a week ago that you actually said this to me.  But in reality I was thinking about this for about 2 months now.

No, I did not get bullied into applying into another staff team.

Also what makes you think I made this as a shit post?
[Image: unknown.png]