Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statistics
(07-11-2022, 12:32 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote: I feel like most of my dislikes were just cause people didn't like me cause there are a few instances in my rep archive where someone actively looked out for my posts just to dislike them.
Lol I got disliked for saying saying the n word is bad like bruh
yeah you just -rep'd a post of mine from 2 months ago, cringe.
An interesting request, I won’t outright say yes or no because I haven’t put much thought into it yet but I’ll look into it and see how possible this is
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
I personally don't think people will rep manipulate that hard if something like this was added. That being said, I don't see much gain from adding this. It'd be cool to check once, but be pretty pointless for the effort to implement it. What would be intresting to test, similar to what reddit has, would be a lock system on threads so you can't +/- rep on old treads. Maybe after a year or so. Though I don't think there is much *need* for that rn.
former admin2
+1 it would be funny
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
I don't want to be reminded of my gamer moments ;(
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
If there was more to this I’d be all for it. For example the most liked posts and disliked posts (in general not just your account), more of the top viewed threads, expand the most repped people + posters, etc.
I think rep, despite how silly internet points are, are a rather fundamental operation to the forums. It is not only a measure of how much value one's opinions have in the community, but also a contest, if you were, of popularity - popularity that stems from putting in proper effort and research into your posts.
Outside of certain hivemind posts, which are generally few and far in between, I've noticed that even negative/critical posts tend to get +1's if they are approached with the intention of constructive criticism and based on a factual basis, which is why I've supported rep coming back since it was removed (despite my position in the top 40 or whatever).
I feel that while the forum staff team has higher priorities at the moment, they should consider expanding on the statistical analysis available with forum rep, as I feel it is a measure of one's value to the community, just as much as it is silly internet points.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks