Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Web Moderator
(07-13-2022, 10:41 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Now that I'm mostly awake, a quick question.

Are all forum mods going to be handpicked, or will the position be able to be applied for in the future?
Battons can give an official answer but as for what I think personally, since it's such a small team compared to discord and the game servers, I do not think it's an issue as long as it's someone a lot of people are familiar with and know can do the job efficiently. I know for me it wasn't a decision Battons made entirely by himself, he consulted other Admins too before making a final final decision as to whether to go through with it. So that helps eliminate some perceived bias as well. Considering I've had full access to the forums before, semi-did this forum moderating gig when it was absolutely necessary back when I was Admin, and overall was a former Admin I think I fit into both of those standards. But as for applications I wouldn't be opposed to them in the future if we did need more to give some community input in the matter but frankly I don't think we need enough people on this team to consider having applications. Between myself, Battons, and the server admins looking over their own sections (i.e comments on apps/unbans), I think it's very manageable with the small team we have. 

(07-13-2022, 11:13 AM)LemonTiara Wrote:
(07-13-2022, 12:21 AM)Battons Wrote: Generally speaking don’t blatantly rep farm

Uhhhhhh so gabe is gonna stop posting now?!?!?!? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No more 5th rep place for you @Gabe
Unfortunately since @Laced Xanax 's return he has made it significantly harder for me to surpass Nicol for the #5 spot instead of Christian(I was 23 away!), so I will be patiently waiting to ban laced again to fix this issue and therefore the second reason for me accepting this offer. this is a joke 
(07-13-2022, 12:00 PM)dan Wrote: transparency speech when gabe
Soon Dan, stay tuned! if neccessary
nice
aughhh
[Image: raccoon1_1.jpg?ex=6628fb2c&is=6616862c&h...0080f14e4&]
Glad to have you back bro! Looking forward to a relaxed and open-minded forum
I was told to never look at the forums again and that bullying the new mod would get me banned, so I'm calling out Gabe to say, congrats and you're a nurd.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
You fool! You had escaped and been put to pasture for a nice long retirement and you choose to come back into the lion's den?

Anyways, best of luck Gaybe.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(07-13-2022, 09:31 PM)Avi Wrote: I was told to never look at the forums again and that bullying the new mod would get me banned, so I'm calling out Gabe to say, congrats and you're a nurd.

Good ol’ Gaybe back in action
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(07-13-2022, 10:41 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Are all forum mods going to be handpicked, or will the position be able to be applied for in the future?
Hi great quesiton. Considering the admins are also fancy web mods on the forums I don't think there is much of a need besides one or two official web mods. I think since the team is so small it is best to hand pick them with approval from all current admins. I specifically chose Gabe this time because of his recent increase in engagement with the community and his history in being one of the more active forum users.
tl;dr probably sticking with hand picked unless im convinced otherwise.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]