-play-dough
-at least twelve quarters
-my pet goldfish
-three chickens
-condiments (for fast food)
-a large brick for the gas pedal
-framed photo of peppa pig
PERSONAL LIST (NON BIASED OPINION)

1) A knife or seatbelt cutter in case you become submerged underwater : - ( that would stink
2) Extra blankets! to cuddle up in case you have to sleep in your car!
3) keeping a firearm in a secure location is an important item to have in case a criminal should threaten you!
4) any of the items above could also be used to kill yourself, which if I'm being honest you should really consider.

Have fun driving, and remember, buckle up and don't text and drive!
You should also keep wasp spray. It makes for good long-distance pepper spray.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
Umbrella
Hand sanitizer
First-aid kit
Radio?
This sounds silly, but have at least a day's worth of food and maybe two days worth of water in your car. And also, something to hold gasoline. Never have gasoline in your vehicle, because the fumes from even a <5 gallon bucket, should they leak, can pressurize inside of your car. I've had multiple people report their cars being broken into, but in reality, the pressure created by the fumes from the gas canister they had inside of the car cracked or blew out their windows.

As a police officer, I'd also say, it's situationally dependent.

But, here's a few things that you should have:

Markings for night time (folding triangles work the best, flares are good but only burn for about 30 minutes. The little triangles can be seen just as well).
A flashlight, preferably a battery charged one. Keep the batteries separate from it. Another fun fact is that if you have batteries in a metal container, they can drain.
A portable AM/FM radio. Fun for the beach, and good for weather reports or just hanging around.

Water, but preferably, in cans. Plastic water bottles can melt and the microplastics can make you sick. Budweiser makes good canned water, and also there's the new Liquid Death. 1-2 16oz cans will keep you hydrated, provided you aren't moving a lot.

A change of clothes, complete set. Socks, shoes, the whole 9. Make sure to have a cold set and a winter set. Ask yourself "if my car broke down in this season, and someone couldn't get me for five hours, would I be okay?".

Another thing, is everyone is mentioning tools. Autozone and other auto parts stores sell a ratchet set that has everything you would need to conduct minor repairs for around 50 bucks or less. Buy one of those. And have a torque wrench in your car for when you change your tires. A used torque wrench that goes up to 200 foot pounds (you set your tires at about 90 for most tires) costs you about 40 bucks, if that. Torqueing a changed tire means you can drive further than the recommended 100 miles on it safely.
my phone so i can call my dad when the emojis light up on my dashboard :)
(07-15-2022, 04:02 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: This sounds silly, but have at least a day's worth of food and maybe two days worth of water in your car. And also, something to hold gasoline. Never have gasoline in your vehicle, because the fumes from even a <5 gallon bucket, should they leak, can pressurize inside of your car. I've had multiple people report their cars being broken into, but in reality, the pressure created by the fumes from the gas canister they had inside of the car cracked or blew out their windows.

As a police officer, I'd also say, it's situationally dependent.

But, here's a few things that you should have:

Markings for night time (folding triangles work the best, flares are good but only burn for about 30 minutes. The little triangles can be seen just as well).
A flashlight, preferably a battery charged one. Keep the batteries separate from it. Another fun fact is that if you have batteries in a metal container, they can drain.
A portable AM/FM radio. Fun for the beach, and good for weather reports or just hanging around.

Water, but preferably, in cans. Plastic water bottles can melt and the microplastics can make you sick. Budweiser makes good canned water, and also there's the new Liquid Death. 1-2 16oz cans will keep you hydrated, provided you aren't moving a lot.

A change of clothes, complete set. Socks, shoes, the whole 9. Make sure to have a cold set and a winter set. Ask yourself "if my car broke down in this season, and someone couldn't get me for five hours, would I be okay?".

Another thing, is everyone is mentioning tools. Autozone and other auto parts stores sell a ratchet set that has everything you would need to conduct minor repairs for around 50 bucks or less. Buy one of those. And have a torque wrench in your car for when you change your tires. A used torque wrench that goes up to 200 foot pounds (you set your tires at about 90 for most tires) costs you about 40 bucks, if that. Torqueing a changed tire means you can drive further than the recommended 100 miles on it safely.

Having a some sort of wrench with a longer bar is also good, to get your flat off. Since my car (even with its aluminum rims) is torque speced to 100 foot pounds which is like almost impossible to take off even with a cross bar.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
(07-15-2022, 03:47 PM)Reina Wrote: You should also keep wasp spray. It makes for good long-distance pepper spray.

Ok I'm intrigued. Do you not know that long range pepper pepper sprayers exist, or do you just find yourself in situations often where you need to defend yourself from wasps in your car?
crack
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
A can of some sort of energy drink, so if you feel too tired you can make it home.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]