Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
No More Staff Apps!
so true king
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
Instead of shitposting, I'm going to actually be serious here. You deserved staff when you got it. Obviously can't leak who said what, but it was something that can make one's blood boil as it came down to some people with different views being salty over a simple promotion. 

What I would say to new staff is to just go with the flow. Not everyone is going to like you and think your a good staff member. It doesn't really matter anyway. Remember that this is a Gmod server and the opinions of people who rarely touch grass shouldn't affect you that much. If you fuck up, you fuck up. Just say "my bad" and slay yourself. It's whatever. 

As someone who has been here for almost seven years, I've seen a lot of people who take this server (and themselves) too seriously and believe some sort of respect, only to get shit on. I'm mainly talking about rippe and Nicky. In general, this is more like volunteer work than an actual job. 

(07-22-2022, 08:39 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Remember that you are allowed to use your head when making decisions as a staff member and the guidelines are NOT the be all, end all when it comes to punishing/not punishing people. Players, for the most part, respect staff members that don't absolutely lose their shit when someone commits the most minor offense (see Nazu's favorite queue for reference) and can handle fair, constructive criticism. What you should NOT do as a staff member is be that guy who destroys all the fun and nobody likes playing with.
 It makes it harder on yourself if you over staff. An example would be if someone simply burped in the mic. Some may see it as micspam and gag them and they will prob do it again to fuck with you. Personally, I ignore it because 1. it is barely mic spam 2. if they don't keep doing it, who cares? 3. who cares?

There is a reason people enjoy more laid back staff. Not because it allows them to do what ever they want but because they can actual enjoy the server more. I typically only step in when people cleary have an issue with it and it is relayed to me. An example would be Caribou's singing. If people had an issue with the mic spam, I'd probably gag him. If nobody cared, then why should I?

also guru for admin agian!!!
former admin2