Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ghost ping epidemic
Discord Name: Papa Ian#3197

Discord ID: 205487576331714561

When First Joined(Estimate): 2019

What is your age: 23
What rank are you applying for (Helper or Moderator): Helper

What can you do to help the Discord community: I'm able to provide another eye on the Discord incase any wild and wacky  chicanery is going down and just like what I do for TTT, allow some of the other staff to hopefully not deal with as much BS. I also am able to defuse situations fairly well so if anyone starts getting a lil rowdy on the discord I would hope I could stop it before it escalated further. 

Why you want to help the Discord community: Now that David has stepped away from the community I figured I mine as well apply as I peruse the discord fairly often anyhow and take stress off the Discord Team. I'm also interested in just learning about the in's and out's of Discord more. 

Other: not to alarm anyone but....guys....hacker on ph....
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
It wouldn't hurt to have a guy like Billybob on the discord staff team. He's proven to be a good TTT Moderator and can have fun while doing so.

+1.
-1 you troll and complain about discord staff a lot, and you like to abuse your ability to delete other people's messages for your own entertainment.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
(07-26-2022, 08:23 PM)Reina Wrote: -1 you troll and complain about discord staff a lot, and you like to abuse your ability to delete other people's messages for your own entertainment.

^

-1, I don't think you'd take it seriously. From my interactions with you in the discord you tend to troll and encourage others to troll as well by the way you behave (i.e ghost pinging). Then there was the deleting messages incident a few days ago. If you are serious about it then I'd start acting more mature and try again later.
Since when Discord became more strict that PH lmao

If this guys does all those things mentioned above me then how the heck he got TTT mod?  

If shit like this is that bad then all staff should be reevaluated and those who do not qualify should get demoted or trained again.

I swear these apps are like dart boards and ranks are being given at random
[Image: unknown.png]
(07-26-2022, 09:39 PM)Wilfry Wrote: Since when Discord became more strict that PH lmao

If this guys does all those things mentioned above me then how the heck he got TTT mod?  

If shit like this is that bad then all staff should be reevaluated and those who do not qualify should get demoted or trained again.

I swear these apps are like dart boards and ranks are being given at random
Discord is generally more strictly regulated than any of the servers, especially TTT. You can't even use the word "nigga" without being automodded by our bot. This is necessary, given our server's use as a sort of "community hub" where every effort is made to ensure people feel safe and included.

That being said, it's not at all unreasonable to expect someone going for Discord staff to follow the rules that are set in stone, and not encourage others to break them. In fact, this isn't an unreasonable thing to expect on any of our platforms. There is nothing wrong with having a little fun when you're staff, the problem arises when you're causing problems for other staff for your own entertainment.
(07-27-2022, 01:18 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 09:39 PM)Wilfry Wrote: Snip
Finally somebody that gives a reason instead of -rep

My point is that if a staff member causes issues on one of the servers then why have them as staff member on any of the other servers then?
[Image: unknown.png]
(07-27-2022, 04:36 AM)Wilfry Wrote:
(07-27-2022, 01:18 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 09:39 PM)Wilfry Wrote: Snip
Finally somebody that gives a reason instead of -rep

My point is that if a staff member causes issues on one of the servers then why have them as staff member on any of the other servers then?
My answer to this would be that being in-game staff is completely different from being discord staff. There are different(but some similar) expectations of what a staff member should look like You can be a perfectly good in-game staff but you have to be reasonably expected to adhere to the standards expected of a discord staff member and set a good example for that part of the community, especially considering that it’s a community-wide role. So just because you are a staff member of another part of a community doesn’t automatically make you a shoe-in for another part of the community. This doesn’t mean being an overly serious person with a stick up their ass, but you have to be able to reasonably behave without getting carried away, for example. Or deleting others messages for no good reason. That’s not a good reflection of what you’d like to see in a staff member for discord.

They’re a part of the same community but are separate entities that have varying expectations of their staff members in that particular environment (in this case TTT vs Discord). For TTT, it’s a serious game mode where staff are expected to be role models of how to play the gamemode properly and be examples of the boundaries of other expectations that are acceptable within the rule (I.e. mic spam). For Discord, I see it as more of a relaxed overall environment where all members of the community can hang out and interact with each other, essentially serving as the community’s centra hub. This also means that there has to be a certain standard of behavior and expectations that may be higher than in-game to ensure compliance with Discord’s own TOS, our own rules, and ultimately making sure it’s a good environment. So, I don’t think trolling, encouraging others sets a good example of how a discord staff member should be.

Edit: I don’t know BillyBob that well, so I obviously won’t make any assumptions on how he is as a person or ttt staff. So this is not to say BillyBob is a bad person or a bad TTT staff member, from what people say he’s the opposite and I wouldn’t doubt that. I’d just like to see some maturity on the discord end of things and showing that he’s actually serious about taking on the role.
I agree with everyone, also you like to troll alot and I honestly haven't seen you do anything towards wanting to help.

[Image: titan.gif]