Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remove or rework music queues
i can't be the only one who's sick of people (not naming names but you probably know) spamming dogshittingly annoying queues and think it's dumb that I can't turn it off so here's a few suggestions

1. remove it (not happening)
2. increase the queue cooldown (maybe like 12 minutes which is 2-3 rounds)
3. add an option that allows people to permanently turn it off clientside (? possible addon limitation)

current setup is awful
i like listening to ear rape
Please spare me from a bunch of redacteds queues somehow admins
straight up I dont wanna hear someones shit for 3 or 4 rounds.
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
(07-29-2022, 11:47 PM)lol bro Wrote: 3. add an option that allows people to permanently turn it off clientside (? possible addon limitation)
+Rep
This is one of the very few times where we actually may be able to do something here. It would take some intervention from Dink to add a custom command, but I'll mention this to @chibill who has recently become our brand new in-house servant I mean programmer for all things serverside.

May I suggest, in the meantime, make a key bind to console 
 stopsound? I'm sure there's many useless keys you can use for that, such as the left click or space bar buttons.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(07-30-2022, 12:32 AM)Jammin Wrote:
(07-29-2022, 11:47 PM)lol bro Wrote: 3. add an option that allows people to permanently turn it off clientside (? possible addon limitation)
+Rep
This is one of the very few times where we actually may be able to do something here. It would take some intervention from Dink to add a custom command, but I'll mention this to @chibill who has recently become our brand new in-house servant I mean programmer for all things serverside.

May I suggest, in the meantime, make a key bind to console 
 stopsound? I'm sure there's many useless keys you can use for that, such as the left click or space bar buttons.
This is definitely do able, I will have to look into how to save data somewhere that survives map changes, (since that causes addons to be reloaded.) But I am sure there is a part of ULX that has a utility for this.

Just looked into it add it will be pretty simple to do, in theory.

EDIT: Just hammered out this feature before heading to bed for the night, going to look over it in the morning before I pass it on to the appropriate people to get it on the test server.
chibill you're way too much of a beast bro
I actually kinda like the queues regardless of how good or dumb they are. But idk maybe my sense of humor is broken.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
As chibill has mentioned we are testing an optout feature for the queue system. This will allow you to not hear end round queues client side. You can enable and disable at your leisure.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]