Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im doin a thing
Ingame Name: Carson

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:526645317

Time Played: Around 440 hours, or 2 weeks 4 days and 8 hours, as of writing this.

When First Joined: March of 2022 (I think? Still not sure.)

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I'm available from 10 AM to 11 PM EDT, usually.

Rank Desired: Test Mod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community?: I am a pretty active staff member, and as such I can get on and respond to pings pretty frequently. This is both a benefit and a curse. Benefit, because I can get on quickly when there is a problem, but curse because there are many times I run into quite chaotic scenes. [b]With the role of Test Mod, I will be able to calm and control the chaos of the server while keeping the trolls in check. [/b]

Why do you want to help the community?: Because trolls and ghosters usually have one goal: to ruin other peoples fun, and they won't stop at a simple little kick. I have had to deal with these people multiple times, constantly joining back, and going to lengths just to keep trolling (e.g. changing names or joining on different accounts) and its frustrating seeing them constantly joining back just to troll again.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Except for some joke bans, nah.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Trusted https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=16498

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? GeForce Experience

How did you find us?: I was searching for prop hunt servers, and this one was the most populated, so I joined and I just had to stick around cause everyone was so chill.

Other: augh
[Image: image.png]
What makes you different from the other trusteds?
(08-09-2022, 08:40 PM)steuivn univarse. Wrote: What makes you different from the other trusteds?
Well, compared to the other two trusteds that I know actually get on from time to time, I am more active. I guess I'm also a bit more lenient then them.
Hello Carson thank you for applying for t-mod, for my input I would unfortunately have to vote against this application. 

My reason from just your application is that your input as a trusted is to handle the lobby as staff and not being able to do that as trusted how would that change being able to ban someone. The role of trusted is more of how you are able to handle trolls, lobby, and trouble makers, t-mod is just able to escalate punishment further. 

In the section of "What can you do to help the community?", you did not really answer the question, you only mentioned that you are able to get on and help, are you not already doing that?

I will agree about what you said here "Why do you want to help the community?" I will agree some people will rejoin but handled with care they are no trouble and with ghosters and other cheaters all staff are able to handle them without actually banning them outright. 

For my personal reasonings from what I have seen and experience is that you need to control your cool and not get frustrated so easily. As staff you should able to handle from regulars to trolls without them getting to you, and know how to distinguish trolling from the innocent kind and which are trying to actually get to you. Also being staff you should not rely being in spectator so often as I have seen you stay in spectator for over half the map without anything happening almost time farming and just opening boxes. 
Unfortunately I have not seen much improvement as trusted for you to move up to tmod. 
Thank you for understanding my reasoning. -1
[Image: helluva-boss.gif]
I'll come back to say something.

I think Koshka makes some good points but something else that can be mentioned is your carried away attitude with joking about other server members (i.e. saying statements like "All  TTT Players are racist."

Take some more time and develop. You'll be a fantastic test mod but I think now isn't the time for your promotion. 

-1. Best of luck to you on your app.
(08-09-2022, 09:33 PM)Loona Mondragon Wrote: Hello Carson thank you for applying for t-mod, for my input I would unfortunately have to vote against this application. 

My reason from just your application is that your input as a trusted is to handle the lobby as staff and not being able to do that as trusted how would that change being able to ban someone. The role of trusted is more of how you are able to handle trolls, lobby, and trouble makers, t-mod is just able to escalate punishment further. 

In the section of "What can you do to help the community?", you did not really answer the question, you only mentioned that you are able to get on and help, are you not already doing that?

I will agree about what you said here "Why do you want to help the community?" I will agree some people will rejoin but handled with care they are no trouble and with ghosters and other cheaters all staff are able to handle them without actually banning them outright. 

For my personal reasonings from what I have seen and experience is that you need to control your cool and not get frustrated so easily. As staff you should able to handle from regulars to trolls without them getting to you, and know how to distinguish trolling from the innocent kind and which are trying to actually get to you. Also being staff you should not rely being in spectator so often as I have seen you stay in spectator for over half the map without anything happening almost time farming and just opening boxes. 
Unfortunately I have not seen much improvement as trusted for you to move up to tmod. 
Thank you for understanding my reasoning. -1
Alright, about keeping my cool. While my personal life hasn't been great, to say the least, I don't feel as if I have been letting that into how I staff. The only times I think I have actually showed real "anger" is when fofab was bothering me, not to long ago. Now, about sitting in spectator. I do that, and will not deny that. The only real reason I have is because I usually am just waiting to see if something happens.

(08-09-2022, 09:41 PM)Salty Wrote: I'll come back to say something.

I think Koshka makes some good points but something else that can be mentioned is your carried away attitude with joking about other server members (i.e. saying statements like "All  TTT Players are racist."

Take some more time and develop. You'll be a fantastic test mod but I think now isn't the time for your promotion. 

Thank ya for coming back just for this salty :)
But I don't think I have ever made a statement like the one you said. I have made some not the best jokes, but nothing to the point like that.

EDIT: Yes, I would like to point out that I was always quite the dick to the other servers. I don't really do that now, because all are really enjoyable, after playing on them.
Carson,
as someone who has watched you grow and who has played with you alot, I can say that I would be a very good witness to your capabilities.

I wont go over what everyone else has said. That would be reiteration of something that I think you are already working on.

because I am biased, I will vote +-0. I really do want you to get your tiny hammer. But I think you could do with a little "you" time first.

good luck.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD

I don’t think this should be held against him considering how TTT staff and players are constantly ripping on PH. 

I don’t play PH or even interact with this guy, but some of the -1 reasonings seem weak compared to other applications I have seen.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(08-10-2022, 09:19 AM)brock (jax) Wrote:

I don’t think this should be held against him considering how TTT staff and players are constantly ripping on PH. 

I don’t play PH or even interact with this guy, but some of the -1 reasonings seem weak compared to other applications I have seen.
Causing any kind of server divide shouldn't be considered acceptable for anyone who wants to call themselves a volunteer for the community lol

I don't have any input on carsons app other than confirming that he indeed has made off color comments about other servers in the past, but that is in the past and I'm unsure if it's something that will return as an issue.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Similar to what brock(jax) said 
The bit that Salty brought up shouldn't be held against him IMO.

However I do wanna say that I have seen cases were you seem to not know how to handle or put the foot down(i.e. when some of the regulars are making uwu or other wtf comments).

You have good time but as Koshka brought up being in spectator for continuos time seems like you are time farming. 

As of right now I am giving a neutral vote but I have some questions first

Are you sitting on spectator a lot because you are possibly experiencing burnout?

Would you consider yourself lenient or do you just not know how to put the foot down?

And lastly what will you do if you go through another incident that gets you mad like the one with Fofab?
[Image: unknown.png]