Permaban Appeal
In-game Name: Kobold

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:238948016

Who Banned Me: Raider Hanks

Reason For Ban: "Mass RDM Fun"

Length Of Ban: Perma-Ban

Reasons For Unban:  i was not warned and your rules do not include the number of how many RDM kills in a single round is needed to constitute a Mass RDM Ban (i accidentally killed 1 person with a barrel, then 2 others on purpose)

Have you been banned before: i haven't and in not sure what you mean by relevant threads

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Most if not all TTT servers with an rdm rule consider Mass RDM to be 3+ kills.
(09-13-2022, 07:18 PM)Damien Wrote: Most if not all TTT servers with an rdm rule consider Mass RDM to be 3+ kills.
i did not know this, i personally would see mass RDM as 5 or more kills, and your server is the one and only TTT server i've played on.
I'll concede that Mass RDM is not explicitly defined as three RDMs in the public-facing rules (to my knowledge). TTT admins, perhaps it should be just for utmost clarity? That being said, "I RDM'd two people on purpose" is not exactly the most confidence inspiring defense in a ban appeal.

That aside, I'm pro ban reduction given that they went through the effort to make an appeal, and IMO the Mass RDM guidelines give such a harsh punishment more or less to weed out people who join solely to Mass RDM. I say give 'em three slays and shorten their ban to a week.

Kobold, if you're unbanned, note that blatantly RDMing people is typically not the move. Good luck

Edited to agree with others that a ban reduction is probably more appropriate than an outright unban.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I'm interested in finding out how you arbitrarily had 5 as the number for mass RDM. What made you choose 5? Why not 4 or 6 or 2 or any other number? Moreover, why were you RDMing to begin with, and if our rules did have 5 as the number for mass RDM (which I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you looked for before RDMing) would you have stopped at 4 to avoid being banned?

Anyway, I'm sure this will be reduced to you just serving slays or something along those lines. +1 for unban I actually re-read your original post because I skimmed through it the first time, and after comprehending what you wrote, I think the ban should be reduced to 1 or 2 weeks (what RDM x2 and leave is) because what you did was brain dead. You don't need to be warned for mass RDM. In fact, the rules that you looked at, and pop up every time you connect to the server or the map changes---the same rules that you have to physically close before interacting on the server---were your warning. There's even a little loading screen that our beloved @Tedgp908 made years ago that says something to the effect of "don't RDM." The weird thing is that I believe I've played with you in the past and you weren't brain dead.

Reduce the ban to two weeks or maybe a week.
Here allow me to assist you in providing the location of our punishment colloquy in our rules:
[Image: Screenshot_20220913-225448.png]
Regardless, you should be striving for 0 RDMs a round, not 3-5. As you can see, our very first rule is to not RDM at all.
I don't see any evidence for the RDMs in our staff guidelines, so I'm not sure if Raider has evidence to show. But either way, I'm little hesitant to support someone who thinks that three RDMs a round is an acceptable practice.

On principal I think a reduction is appropriate but a straight unban doesn't sit right since you don't seem to grasp the concept of not RDMing. Maybe a week or two would be good

(09-13-2022, 09:45 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: There's even a little loading screen that our beloved @Tedgp908 made years ago that says something to the effect of "don't RDM."
God bless our beloved senator
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
+1 on reduction at least, it's pretty plausable that someone who has never played TTT before doesn't completely understand that RDM is a bad thing even if the rules say you get autoslain for it. Also permanent ban for first offense on a new player is way too harsh

Sidenote, if you want people to read the rules better, make them shorter. Nobody wants to read four entire pages of rules before playing a video game
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
+1 on Ban Reduction. My stance on ban appeals may very depending on the context of the situation and the severity of the ban. I stand to stay neutral until all evidence is provided. That being said, although the rules may or may not have considered the amount of slays needed to 'propose' a permaban for Mass RDM before, you should know that RDMing people in general is a no no. We have deduced that Mass RDM is 3 unforgiven reports or 3 kills in a single round without no cause or reason and stated it in the rules per @Jammin . I get that you must've been a new player and just auto clicked the X button without thinking much of the rules and I've been in the same position you have. (Except the Mass RDM and Ban side of that) I would consider reading upon the rules if you decide to and are allowed to come back and make sure to not end up in the same position you currently sit at right now. Ban reduction to 1-2 weeks as well.
man's head is hollow and there's no brain.

+1 for a reduction to 1-2 weeks, I don't think I've ever seen someone say "your rules do not include the number of how many RDM kills in a single round is needed to constitute a Mass RDM Ban" in my life. That made me cackle, thanks for the laugh.
Agreeing with Epics on this. Plain and simple, the rules are literally in your face every time you connect and a basic rule list in the loading screen. Had you decided to read the rules instead of closing them, you'd probably be able to play right now. But considering that this is your first offense and don't see any priors, I'd recommend reading the rules thoroughly next time if Bryan or Nicol decides to unban. +1 to reduction to 1-2 week ban.
[Image: nXzQb2c.jpg]