Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling Out Garro
Offender's Name: Garro

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:90012891

What Server(s): PH

Offender's Rank: Trusted

What They Did: Gagged Unreasonably and Didn't Provide Proper Reasoning, But Didn't Punish For Sexism, General Harassment, etc. 

When They Did It: 9/19/22

Potential Witnesses: Faber (STEAM_0:0:844651), Vexx (STEAM_0:0:98934476) 

Proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzFLbSd7...e=youtu.be

Other: So Me, Faber, and Vexx were gag-worthy, but David wasn't? For that entire map? 
Yes i'm an absolute outsider here, and have absolutely zero business commenting on a prophunt thread. But, knowing your history, I can't help but lay out a couple of points:
1. The video is over 40 minutes long. Could you provide timestamps/time ranges as to when the alleged staff abuses occurred?
2. I don't understand the "Didn't provide proper reasoning" aspect - I'm not sure why staff have to explain themselves to you specifically. Unless you were directly gagged, I don't see how you are even involved.
3. If you are the one gagged, then explain what you did prior to getting gagged. Garro will certainly post his defense of the situation later on, so honesty now would be best now that you have called him out.

I appreciate it when members hold staff members accountable, but I can't help but wonder if you are trying to properly hold staff accountable, or are trying to smite the reputation of a staff member out of spite for having your donor powers taken away.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Being that I haven't been on the server with you, but has seen that you don't have the greatest track record with staff interactions here, I would have to agree with Jammin. I see no reason for Garro to 1)explain his actions to you because you are not a donor or staff member, and 2)there may have been more rule breaking that happened before you got on that carried over to this map. I also would like to see timestamps of the infractions that Garro supposedly incurred because reigh now, I don't see anything that constitutes abuse. He is gagging the approprate players when they say something that is against the rules of the server (something you should be well aware of), he ungagged them at the approprate times, and (other staff can correct me if I'm wrong) staff don't actually have to give a reason when they gag or mute a player. A reason only has to be given if a kick or ban is issued.

TL : DR -1 on any abuse, +1 on you grasping at straws because you are still salty about your loss of powers.
LET ME IN.
[Image: The_Fiend_2.jpg]
eh, couple of things. I did watch the video, but I have a few things to say about it.

1. your video is cropped at bottom. cant confirm lots of details because of it. Inferred a lot by context.
2. contextually, Vx was warned, continued, and got gagged. end of story. same with the rest that got gags.
3. All I really get from this video is that these gags were deserved. Some were missed. But Garro pretty much did everything by the books.
4. as a single trusted, it is very hard for one person to keep up with all the nonsense. Garro probably missed what David said.
As someone who has been in garro's shoes, this does happen. we are humans and not robot filters. things slip by.

Point is this. While Garro and I may not see eye to eye on everything, I can firmly say that Garro is a very upright person who will not/would not ever do something intentionally wrong. Sure, he missed someone. Garro is not English first language. some nuances can evade him. Some nuances confuse him. But at his core, Garro is a good man. I'm sure if there were not other problem people online, Garro would likely have caught and clamped down on that player's bad behavior.

I will defend Garro because he was put into a shitty situation in that map, and did the best he could. I personally can't fault him for his effort.

tl/dr. This honestly reeks of smear campaign. While I do appreciate you following format, and recording full round, I personally can't help but feel you are doing this from a bad place, and not one with good intentions.
Be objective here. Did Garro unintentionally miss something? or was it malicious? Im gonna go with the first.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
1) As i said to you before, and everyone telling you this now, i'm not obligated to explain my every action to you. You knew exactly why you vexx, faber and a friend he called to bother me, were muted.
2) It's hard for me to identify the right person, or even understand what ppl saying, when all of you trying to scream in the same time.
3) David is an asshole, no arguing here. But I can't gag someone for saying  "Hold on guys a women is speaking", maybe i'm wrong. However i did a mistake to not gag him for staff impersonation, the rule i totally forgot. I gagged him for this on the next map, after checking the list of rules.
P.S. I know i made a few mistakes. I totally missed a couple of trolls, that i forgot to ungag, who evaded and i didn't noticed it till they started causing problems again.
Maybe if people like you, who pretends to be useful but in reality only add more problem, didn't distracted me, i would do better. Maybe, idk, just food for thoughts.
[Image: ?imw=512&imh=233&ima=fit&imp...erbox=true]
Can you guys please stop slandering Garro thanks
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
Alright, since there's 40 minutes of video and you make some broad claims, let's go through all of it.

Before we start, I would like to mention that English is not Garro's first language.  That's something we need to take into consideration.

Ignoring Sexist Comments and Harassment:
When it comes to sexism, there are a few points in your video that would have needed a warning.  After that, there are only a couple of people that would have received gags.
For example, Kehlrog the Overboss should have received a warning, then a gag for his feet picture and sexual comments towards one of the female players.  The players that I would have gagged have been logged so staff can see in the future.  None of the players in the video would have received a ban at this point, but if their behavior is recorded in later games, then that could change.
However, something like "Hey guys quiet down a girl is talking" isn't something I'm going to ask Garro to even warn for. 

Question: Did Garro maliciously and purposely not issue warnings and gags for sexism? No, I don't think so.  Garro was multi-tasking and as BIIG_SAD said, nuances of English can escape him.  It's hard for me (as a native English speaker) to parse out individual sentences when multiple people are talking, so I can only imagine how hard it is for him.

Result: No action (strike) will be given to Garro for this charge.  These players have been logged thanks to your video, so they will be punished accordingly if they continue to be a problem.  I will talk with Garro to make sure he's listening for certain keywords in English that could clue him into this in the future.

Gagging Unreasonably and Didn't Provide Proper Reasoning:
1. Garro does not need to explain everything he does to you.  You are not staff.  He does not answer to you.
1a. Example: 10 minutes into the video you are questioning why Garro gagged some people.  Garro had previously given a warning telling people to stop telling others to shut up when they are trying to talk.
These trolls then started to aggressively tell people to "shut the fuck down", which doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what they are trying to do.  Of course they got gagged, I would have gagged them too.
You could have easily scrolled up in the chat to see his warning.
1b. 28:57 - Again, you can see that warnings were given in the video prior to this, this isn't hard to understand.
1c. 38:15 - Contrary to your belief, we admins are able to think objectively and hold our staff accountable.  This has happened many times in this server's history, and you most certainly don't see everything we do in the background off the server.

Result: No action (strike) will be given to Garro for this charge.

Multi-tasking:
Let me give you some insight into what Garro was doing on the server.
1. Handling trolls
2. Searching steam IDs to check for prior listings by other staff
3. Logging warnings/punishments
4. Handling not one, but two pairs of ghosters in the lobby.
Forgive me for saying that he shouldn't stop to tell you everything he's doing to ask if it was okay.

Staff Only Information:
Staff have access to the punishments given out to players by other staff.  If I'm on the server and someone says a slur, I look up their ID and see they that they are at a ban, I can ban them without giving them a warning.
You, as a non-staff member, do not have access to staff punishment logs.  You don't know if a player is a serial offender, so please don't always make the assumption that staff are gagging without warning.  We keep logs for this very reason.

Foot in Mouth:
You posted the entire video, so that means I watched the entire video.  It also means I get to bring up anything you did in the video as well.
You've told me that you want to be helpful, so why don't you try to be helpful instead of making it harder for our staff? Let me give you some examples (I didn't include everything you did to be unhelpful):
1. ~23 minutes: A player is asking what they could do to get gagged and you start to give them suggestions?  The guy did what you told him to do and got gagged, good job!
2. 34:40: good job being helpful.
3. 38:33: Garro's warnings were throughout the video.  Your donor was removed in part because you:
3a. Made up your own rules and didn't follow the warn/gag/kick guidelines that were sent to you multiple times
3b. Used commands improperly resulting in multiple abuse threads
3c. Literally if you had just not used your commands when staff were on, and actually followed the punishment protocols referenced in the donor guidelines, you would still have your donor.  It's actually pretty hard to lose your donor on our server but you managed to do it!

If Garro was gagging without giving any warnings, then I would be concerned.  The warnings are throughout the video.

Last Message:
You know what would have been most helpful of all Steven? If you had sent Garro a message in admin chat like:
"@ Hey Garro, PLAYER and PLAYER are sexually harassing PLAYER, listen to what they are saying"

Did you do that? No, you instead decided to be part of the problem instead of the solution.
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]