Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unrand request
I'm going to comment as a person who is in contact with rand regularly and has had some mostly minor issues with him in the past.

Yes he's an absolute shithead, yes he should have never made the joke that he did and his ban was fair and warranted, but I think its unfair to act like people can't change or put forth effort to change and improve on themselves. As I've said I've had issues with him in the past, jokes that didn't land well, comments that were genuinely hurtful and a few times where we've straight up butted heads, but he's genuinely made a conscious effort to improve on his behavior in the past few months, he's by far not the same shithead I met all those months ago and he's definitely mellowed out and become kinder in the past few months, became more respectful and aware of how his actions affect and hurt others. I will fully admit that if I didn't know him as well as I do I would also be hesitant on seeing his unban, but this is coming from someone who has been on the receiving end of his change of heart and I know he means it when he says he's changed.

That being said I will refrain from judgement, I just hope to bring perspective from a person who has had the chance to see genuine change in the man.
(also unrand request is really funny you cant even deny that)
[Image: giphy.gif]
I don't really understand the thought process on some of the people here. I agree with Jammin completely and think he said it great but just to reiterate cause apparently its needed. Rand was banned almost entirely across the community for this one thing, forgiveness has been given, hes been unbanned from the place where it happened originally that has less moderation and more grey area available then the forums do. I simply cannot see a problem with rand being unbanned from the forums esp with the level of moderation that is available to the forums. Please just take a minute for all your braincells to fully wake up then come back and look through this.
I think one thing needs heavily clarified here, since it's being spread that I straight up called Travis a pedo.

That was never the intent of the meme (not that intent is the only thing that matters), and I believe I clued in on that intent when I sent it to Matt, personally.

For context, it was a picture of two men who were cleaning a kitchen, and the faces of the mean had Travis's and Rippe's put on them. This is because way back when, Rippe had made himself a role called Forum Janitor, and that has been relentlessly memed on. The only joke was that Travis was essentially that role. I put something like the words "forums" or "janitor" or clean" everywhere on the image, don't remember which, to drive the point home. The issue has always been that it was a drawable conclusion that I was calling Travis one, or comparing him to one, which is terrible, yeah. But I've never joked, said anything, or even alluded to anyone being a nonce. I wasn't around when Rippe was, I never really had it told to me too much what he did or anything, I moreso knew him of his blunders as staff than anything more, as no one told me much more. So yeah, at that time, the discord janitor thing seemed like an obvious joke. Then, once it was done, I went to Matt, a friend of Travis's, and someone who doesn't like me, and asked him if I could post it, legitimately thinking he would find it funny too. If I'd have thought it was extremely malicious, sending it to someone who would be most likely to find problem with it would be the last thing I'd do, I'd think.

So yeah. It was messed up. But the intent had nothing to do with anything even remotely inappropriate except for using his image. I still understand that it's a conclusion people could draw, and that's why I've felt terrible about it for months. That's all.

Also also I was only bringing up the whole forgiving thing because that's the most important part, even if y'all think I should be punished more, even if I /was/ punished for a solid year, if Travis were not comfortable with me being here, i wouldn't want to be, I've said that from the beginning and have held by that.

Oh, and I didn't run a smear campaign on Battons. I made one post after some things I can't talk about were said in staff chat, and after talking to Quantum, because a decision was pretty messed up, and made entirely preemptively, which was evident considering the increased punishment a few days later. I didn't ask anyone to comment on it, and I didn't make more than my initial post. That's a very stark contrast to a smear campaign, and Battons knows I have nothing against him, and him and I tend to at least be pretty cordial, if not chummy.

Last thing I'll really have to say on this post is this: what's the difference between me being in the Discord and me being on the forums? I have much more accessibility to the community in terms of my ability to "troll" or whatever on the discord, it's significantly more difficult to get away with things here by design. I was banned from both from the same thing, which didn't have to do with either, so if it's about my ability to "have someone in my target" or whatever, I'd think forum unban would come before discord unban. And with that "when i find a new target" thing, I'm not sure what is meant by that honestly, this is the only targeted thing I've really done, there's not some big history of me targeting people and harassing them, the biggest stretch you could probably make is that of ThePhoenix, but I believe it's pretty widely considered that he instigated a fair chunk of anything that went on. If you want to talk about how giving someone a chance is giving someone the chance to do it again, unbanning in general is a generally bad idea. That's the whole point. So yeah. I just want to continue trying, I guess. There are so many people here who have said/done pretty messy things who have come back from that, y'know? Heck, some even have become staff or admins since.
I'm still of the opinion that rand had a bald moment when he made that joke and wasn't thinking, which should be forgiven at this point since it has been discussed with the parties involved. And other issues I have no opinion on
bumping for more potential feedback.
(07-05-2022, 04:17 PM)cumphobe Wrote: Last thing I'll really have to say on this post is this: what's the difference between me being in the Discord and me being on the forums?

You can't create a dogpile thread with a 900 word essay stirring the pot of drama you've created in the community Discord.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
bunp
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
It seems that the community still isn't ready to accept you back on the forums yet. With that said I think it would be best to DENY this appeal for the time being and allow you to submit another appeal on 10/16/22. If you have any further questions please let me know.