Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRAHH SUGGESTIONS GRAHHH
Now, I know what you are thinking, what could these TTT suggestion be about which I have came up with at this time at night which is currently 4:30 A.M. MST as I type this out. But hear me out.

First suggestion! Buff underused guns!
Guns that players may not use much may need buffs to increase diversity in the gun pool instead of having a "META" for an update to which players shitspam the H.U.G.E <- [Weapon name shall be redacted] and increase the gun pool. An inspiration came from BO2 where many guns were all good no matter what you used. Some may be ass but in general, MOST GUNS were used by a variety of players and had diversity on which gun was "the best". I feel that including buffs to certain guns for primary and secondary guns can increase variety of use for the weapons and allow for new players to get into the game without getting shitted on by the server using the same 3 - 4 guns and ultimately having to stick to these guns until the community switches while also allowing regular players to swap guns to what they prefer or love and not rely on a gun to be able to win a gunfight.  

Second suggestion! Weapon/Melee weapon model viewer!
This is just an idea/concept but a viewing of a gun or weapon would be neat to have although a very low consideration as figuring out a bind for the button to "view" the gun might not fit as well as creating it or finding such addon may not exist. Another consideration that would have to be taken in is that it would not be necessary as it would not be as important as other suggestions but I felt to include this suggestion as something neat to think about. Similar examples would be CS:GO and MW2019.

Third suggestion! Include a Deathmatch while players wait!
Another suggestion that may have been mentioned or visualized but it would be neat to have a deathmatch implemented in the server. Considerations to take in are would it affect the server on what it can and can't handle and HOW MUCH it can handle gathering client info from both the actual game and the deathmatch. I'm not experience with lua but I thought of this consideration since it may cause strains to the server and cause outages that may be unattended if that's possible.

Last suggestion! Player status Icons! 
A suggestion I thought as I stumbled through the addons in workshop and found an addon at (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...earchtext=) I thought this would be helpful as to tell when players are afk, typing, timing out, alt-tabbed, etc. A consideration would that it would cause issues such as when T's or D's go to their role menus and the icon would show up to indicate they are doing something. I would think this suggestion would get scrapped but an idea similar to this would probably work but only to include afk, alt-tabbed, or timed out players.

Other: BUFF THE AWP TO FULL AUTO WITH 20 BULLETS IN THE MAGAZINE. DISABLE DELAY TO SHOOT AND ABILITY TO NOT SHOOT WITHOUT SCOPING IN! ADD SILENCER TO AWP TO RID OF NOISE! UPGRADES PEOPLE, UPGRADES!!! That is my TED Talk.

Edit: Give any feedback! Any criticisms or points to make are welcome!!!
(09-24-2022, 06:00 AM)slater Wrote: Now, I know what you are thinking, what could these TTT suggestion be about which I have came up with at this time at night which is currently 4:30 A.M. MST as I type this out. But hear me out.

First suggestion! Buff underused guns!
Guns that players may not use much may need buffs to increase diversity in the gun pool instead of having a "META" for an update to which players shitspam the H.U.G.E <- [Weapon name shall be redacted] and increase the gun pool. An inspiration came from BO2 where many guns were all good no matter what you used. Some may be ass but in general MOST GUNS were used by a variety of players and had diversity on which gun was "the best". I feel that including buffs to certain guns for primary and secondary guns can increase variety of use for the weapons and allow for new players to get into the game without getting shitted on by the server using the same 3 - 4 guns and ultimately having to stick to these guns until the community switches. 

The only problem with this is I don't trust the people who balance the weapons to pull the good ol "if all the guns are broken then none of them are" and that's not really a healthy thing to do for gameplay. I agree with making all the guns good and not having meta, but there's a point where you can make the guns TOO good. The game isn't fun anymore when you get mowed down by everything.

Second suggestion! Weapon/Melee weapon model viewer!
This is just an idea or concept but a viewing of a gun or weapon would be neat to have although a very low consideration as figuring out a bind for the button to "view" the gun might not fit as well as creating it or finding such addon may not exist. Another consideration that would have to be taken in is that it would not be necessary as it would not be as important as other suggestions but I felt to include this suggestion as something neat to think about. 

As someone who has a compulsion to spam the view key on my knife in CS:GO, I second this.

Third suggestion! Include a Deathmatch while players wait!
Another suggestion that may have been mentioned or visualized but it would be neat to have a deathmatch implemented in the server. Considerations to take in are would it affect the server on what it can and can't handle and HOW MUCH it can handle gathering client info from both the actual game and the deathmatch. I'm not experience with lua but I thought of this consideration since it may cause strains to the server and cause outages that may be unattended if that's possible.

No. This has been tried twice and both times it hasn't worked. It caused problems with detective turrets, hitreg, and overall server stability.

Last suggestion! Player status Icons! 
A suggestion I thought as I stumbled through the addons in workshop and found an addon at (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...earchtext=) I thought this would be helpful as to tell when players are afk, typing, timing out, alt-tabbed, etc. A consideration would that it would cause issues such as when T's or D's go to their role menus and the icon would show up to indicate they are doing something. I would think this suggestion would get scrapped but an idea similar to this would probably work but only to include afk, alt-tabbed, or timed out players.

Definite no on the T and D icons considering the amount of Ts that would lose their round because they went to buy something in the T shop. I'm not a big fan of any of the other icons either, it takes all the fun out of pretending to be afk when you shoot people (and RDMing afks.)

Other: BUFF THE AWP TO FULL AUTO WITH 20 BULLETS IN THE MAGAZINE. DISABLE DELAY TO SHOOT AND ABILITY TO NOT SHOOT WITHOUT SCOPING IN! ADD SILENCER TO AWP TO RID OF NOISE! UPGRADES PEOPLE, UPGRADES!!! That is my TED Talk.

die
(09-24-2022, 06:00 AM)slater Wrote: First suggestion! Buff underused guns!

There's been a lot of talk regarding weapon changes, with Thayer and HONG spearheading a lot of buffs/nerfs and trying things out until they feel right. I bet any specific suggestions would probably be helpful to them :)

(09-24-2022, 06:00 AM)slater Wrote: Second suggestion! Weapon/Melee weapon model viewer!

This one's interesting. I like the idea, though my initial search for existing addons didn't yield very promising results. I'll dig around some more and see if I can find anything else.

(09-24-2022, 06:00 AM)slater Wrote: Third suggestion! Include a Deathmatch while players wait!

Tbh I think this should be prioritized for the next update. A lot of people try to join spec dm when they first get on the server, and I think it would make a meaningful difference as far as people's interest in the server and how long they stick around. Last I heard chibill has been trying to get people in spec dm to not activate map/T-weapon triggers; hopefully we'll break some ground there soon.

(09-24-2022, 06:00 AM)slater Wrote: Last suggestion! Player status Icons! 

I like the idea of this addon but don't think it fits the spirit of TTT very well. Part of the game is not knowing whether someone is AFK, in the T shop, alt tabbed, etc. If we were to implement a way to only see these indicators while dead/spectating, I could maybe get behind it a little more.

(09-24-2022, 06:00 AM)slater Wrote: Other: BUFF THE AWP TO FULL AUTO WITH 20 BULLETS IN THE MAGAZINE. DISABLE DELAY TO SHOOT AND ABILITY TO NOT SHOOT WITHOUT SCOPING IN! ADD SILENCER TO AWP TO RID OF NOISE! UPGRADES PEOPLE, UPGRADES!!! That is my TED Talk.

Truthfully the only serious suggestion you offered in this whole post. I'd have a lot more wins on the scoreboard if we added this +1
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Suggestion 1 on buffing weapons:
  • Frankly the weapon balancing is halfway decent right now. The MP9 isn't total bullshit now, the HUGE is actually relevant again (maybe too much so), and the more skill-based weapons (deagle, rifle, etc.) require better aim to land the one-shot - whereas the autos are weaker to compensate for the firerate.
  • The most used weapons are the ones usually heavily on the skill side (rifle, bullshite, deagle), or the autos to help those like me with poor aim (galil, ak, mp9). Buffing the middle weapons will just make those weapons lean to one side or the other.
  • Shoutout to @HONG, Thayer (or whatever godforsaken steam name he has now), @bryanbrr who have worked incredibly hard on balancing the weapons
  • If anyone buffs the shotgun I will resign and delete the discord
Suggestion 2 on weapon viewer
  • Like something that shares the weapons stats?
  • We could probably make a guide on here to substitute in the meanwhile
  • If this doesn't impact gameplay, then why not?
Suggestion 3 on spec DM
  • Oh boy
  • Spec dm has interfered with live play in the past, whether it be lagging the server, causing t/d turrets to fire falsely, or otherwise being able to interact in the main environment.
  • It could be interesting if we can fix the issues, but it should have ZERO impact on gameplay.
  • We have this available for our dev team to poke around at
Suggestion 4 on status icons
  • No. This could interfere with gameplay
  • I've often acted AFK on T rounds to catch someone by surprise, or on inno rounds to try and bait a T.
  • With a fixed relay bot it'll be easier to handle AFK's
  • Also we could probably make a simple addon to inform staff of when a player hasn't holstered a weapon or fired a shot in over 30 minutes, something highly unlikely for an active player, to compliment the AFK spec system
Suggestion 5 on buffing the awp

[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(09-24-2022, 12:25 PM)Jammin Wrote: Suggestion 2 on weapon viewer
  • Like something that shares the weapons stats?
  • We could probably make a guide on here to substitute in the meanwhile
  • If this doesn't impact gameplay, then why not?
I think he means a weapon inspect feature (at least that's my understanding from discussing it with slater previously). Like pressing F in CS:GO to look at your weapon from different angles.
Replying to @"come thru":

1) I totally see where you are coming from, it can be iffy if all guns are “broken” and ruin the aspect of the game. I didn’t really explain much of this but I just had thought of at least buffing guns that are used commonly or rarely. For Ex: Galil, Famas, any of the secondary weapons besides Bullshite, Deagle, Beretta, the sniper pistol which I can’t remember the name of, and any other primaries that aren’t being used much. I would say H.U.G.E would need to be toned down but i’m glad it is relevant. Try to make at least every gun not similar in stats but somewhat close to where any gun you use can kill you but not too slow or fast or in some cases, hits you with a fucking pebble.

2) I thought this would be neat and would want it to have it as somewhat a cool idea to have like view guns similar to CS:GO. 

3) Ah, thought it would be neat to have since it would help players practice and learn guns but if there is a will to be able to fix it where it doesn’t interfere with the actual gameplay AND doesn’t cause the server to shit itself, I’m all up for it!

4)A fair point to make. I could see definitely see that and I agree with you. Maybe bring it for staff to tell when a player is afk on their end when they are spectating or other situations but maybe only allow icons such as afk, alt-tabbed, or timed out players. Give it sort of a mystery as to who is a T without seeing icons above their head telling people they are a T.

5)  :@ :@ :@ :@
Replying to @Ryan722:

1) Specific suggestions I think would help are just buffing like the FAMAS, Galil, maybe some shotguns except the pump, most of the secondary weapons that don't include Deagle, Bullshite, Beretta, or the sniper pistol of whatever the name is!! GRAHHH! But definitely thinking of upping some not useful guns that might be useful. NOT THE STINGER, NO!

2) Hopefully there is an addon for it! I would like to see an inspection key to view guns and models if someone suggests skin models for guns! Would be really neat to have as a little feature that doesn't interrupt gameplay!

3)Let's hope that works!! I know it would cause trouble with interfering the live gameplay aspect in the match and would ruin the experience, glad to hear it is in consideration!!

4) Exactly! I didn't think this addon through but maybe include it for dead/spectating but only allow afk, tabbed-out, or timed out icons to appear instead the other features it comes with like knowing when players are in the menu and etc. as it would diminish the gameplay of TTT and ruin the fun. 

5) I wholeheartedly agree, buff the AWP and make it great again!!

(09-24-2022, 12:28 PM)Ryan722 Wrote: I think he means a weapon inspect feature (at least that's my understanding from discussing it with slater previously). Like pressing F in CS:GO to look at your weapon from different angles.
Exactly my thought! But viewing guns in the pointshop would also be an interesting idea also!

Replying to @Jammin:

1) I totally understand that buffing the middle weapons would make it lean towards one category or another! I could see that happening and hopefully the people balancing the weapons can figure out somewhat a middle ground for weapons that aren't too overpowered but ones that aren't underwhelming! Shoutout to Bryan, Hong and Thayr for working hard to balance guns also!

2)No, I was thinking of inspecting guns like CS:GO where you press a button and view the gun with the animation rotating the weapon to see the details. If skins/models are suggested, it would be a great feature to have and show off different models of guns to other players and maybe bring something into the economy of TTT! 

3) Definitely should NOT interfere with the live gameplay aspect of TTT but if there is a way possible to mitigate these problems and include it into the server, it would a fun aspect to include for players to practice and test out guns if needed to or if they want to mess around for fun!

4) Totally understandable! I saw a little potential with it for the features that enables it to see when a player is afk, tabbed out, or timed out. I thought of an idea where maybe staff or all the players are able to see in dead/spectating but also there are considerations to take in. But as of now, would need readjustments. A great idea to make an addon to inform staff of afk players, I agree that it would need to compliment the AFK system but a thought I should take into consideration!

5) When the duck walked up to the lemonade stand
And he said to the man runnin' the stand
Hey! (bam bam bam), got any grapes?
The man said: "No, like I said yesterday
We just sell lemonade, okey?
Why not give it a try?"
The duck said. Good bye
Then he waddled away - waddle waddle
'Til the very next day!!
If the awp ever gets buffed it’s time to nuke the server.
(09-24-2022, 03:15 PM)slater Wrote: 2)No, I was thinking of inspecting guns like CS:GO where you press a button and view the gun with the animation rotating the weapon to see the details. If skins/models are suggested, it would be a great feature to have and show off different models of guns to other players and maybe bring something into the economy of TTT!
Just fyi, looked around quite a bit and it seems the only existing addons that have this also add a bunch of custom weapons, and the inspection only works for the custom weapons. I'm sure it's probably possible to implement, though may be kind of an undertaking :/