TTT Unban
Ingame Name: Efilon

SteamID: 76561198301371937

Who Banned You:  Jammin

Reason For Ban: Minge/Trolling

Length of Ban: Perma

Reason for Admins to Unban: I would like to play on the server again.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No

Other: I had a bad day, and let it out on the game. There is no doubt that I overdid it that day, but I would like to play again. My goal wasn't to harass anybody and destroy their fun. I will definetly change my playstyle. I am sorry to the people which I disturbed that day, and would like to apologize.
his 32 for those lazy to click on his profile: STEAM_0:1:170553104
Effectively your ban is due to a single comment, which occurred well after you had logged off that evening.
You were banned due to an inappropriate comment made towards one of our players who is under the legal age of 18 at random, without prompting.

Without getting too graphic, it was a sexual reference named after a certain fruit.
We take anything sexual directed at minors very seriously, and after our TTT admin confirmed the offense is straight bannable, I issued the ban. It was me only because I was the first mod to log on after the offense, which occurred on September 21st - any one of our moderators would have issued the ban otherwise.

In fairness, i've seen a lot more graphic shit on here than that, and perhaps a one-time warning would have been appropriate. As such I'm neutral on this only because you never got that initial warning. If you were otherwise trolling in other areas, perhaps this was an appropriate ban.

@"Nate ツ" was online at the time, perhaps he can give more context into the situation leading up to that comment.

Also I edited the original post to remove the 27,000 instances of b's in brackets
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(09-25-2022, 08:14 PM)Jammin Wrote: Effectively your ban is due to a single comment, which occurred well after you had logged off that evening.
You were banned due to an inappropriate comment made towards one of our players who is under the legal age of 18 at random, without prompting.

Without getting too graphic, it was a sexual reference named after a certain fruit.
We take anything sexual directed at minors very seriously, and after our TTT admin confirmed the offense is straight bannable, I issued the ban. It was me only because I was the first mod to log on after the offense, which occurred on September 21st - any one of our moderators would have issued the ban otherwise.

In fairness, i've seen a lot more graphic shit on here than that, and perhaps a one-time warning would have been appropriate. As such I'm neutral on this only because you never got that initial warning. If you were otherwise trolling in other areas, perhaps this was an appropriate ban.

@"Nate ツ" was online at the time, perhaps he can give more context into the situation leading up to that comment.

Also I edited the original post to remove the 27,000 instances of b's in brackets
So to that, I am also under the legal age.
I never wanted like to offend, but I didn't even know that the person was under age? It was never my goal to hit on anybody.
+1 for unban. I agree that we should take sexual comments towards minors seriously, but considering that Damien doesn't quite advertise himself as being younger than 18 (not that he should have to), it's likely not immediately apparent to everyone on the server that comments directed at him are taken more seriously than comments directed at other, adult members. Permanent ban for this is pretty gnarly, and Efilon seemingly didn't mean to cause problems.

As an aside, we're going to have to give some thought to how we introduce the new rule against "Overly sexual conversation" when the guidelines revision takes effect. For better or for worse, some amount of sex-related conversation is currently a common occurrence on TTT, and we're going to have to decide where to draw the line.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(09-26-2022, 09:41 AM)Efilon Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 08:14 PM)Jammin Wrote: Snip
So to that, I am also under the legal age.
I never wanted like to offend, but I didn't even know that the person was under age? It was never my goal to hit on anybody.
Even more reason to not make those kind of comments.

In any event I'm leaning neutral/+1 to an unban. I'm not getting the troll vibe, though I know nothing of you other than the comment I banned you for.
Just don't be dumb.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(09-26-2022, 09:53 AM)Ryan722 Wrote: +1 for unban. I agree that we should take sexual comments towards minors seriously, but considering that Damien doesn't quite advertise himself as being younger than 18 (not that he should have to), it's likely not immediately apparent to everyone on the server that comments directed at him are taken more seriously than comments directed at other, adult members. Permanent ban for this is pretty gnarly, and Efilon seemingly didn't mean to cause problems.

As an aside, we're going to have to give some thought to how we introduce the new rule against "Overly sexual conversation" when the guidelines revision takes effect. For better or for worse, some amount of sex-related conversation is currently a common occurrence on TTT, and we're going to have to decide where to draw the line.
Hard agree with the first comment. Not that it makes it okay, but not everyone advertises their age on here, nor should they have to.

As for the second part, I've said it before and I'll say it again. There does not need to be a rule or guideline for EVERYTHING. A good staff member will know where to draw the line in situations like that or will ask someone more experienced for advice.
gun might've been jumped a bit here honestly. did he have any significant prior warns or did he just make a couple comments to someone who happened to be underage? was he warned about damiens age? were there any staff that told him to chill out, rather than instant ban?

i'm genuinely uninformed so im curious, if no to all of the above then easy +1 unban
uhhh I genuinely don't remember what was said lol. +1 to an unban I guess
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
Hi,

Your appeal has been accepted. Please be more cautious of what you say and do while on the server. Take some time and read our MOTD when you have a chance.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]