Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
worth a shot
Don't really know you all that well. But from what I have observed of both your in-game and discord behaviorI'm getting some mild sycophantic vibes from you. You've also had a few strange takes on how to further promote the ideal of the "Dink's Daycare Services" that I don't agree with.
-1 for now.
(10-02-2022, 12:04 PM)Toaduh Wrote: Don't really know you all that well. But from what I have observed of both your in-game and discord behaviorI'm getting some mild sycophantic vibes from you. You've also had a few strange takes on how to further promote the ideal of the "Dink's Daycare Services" that I don't agree with.
-1 for now.

i respect everyone has an opinion but like you just said you don't know me that well and i have really only seen you in the game a few times mostly when ive ben playing with friends and we like to have abit of a laugh and find some goofy spots. sycophantic means to gain advantage or the behaviour is to praise someone in authority in a way that isnt sincere in order to get some advantage from them. can you please tell me when i have done this behaviour other then thanking or talking to mods about removing ghosters or hackers which tbh would be a normal response in any situation or just tying to make new friends.?
as for my strange ideals on how id promote the 'dinks daycare services' can you give an example of that please. because in respect everyone has an opinion and we don't all have to agree with it. yes i have some ideas but thats all they are is ideas doesnt mean anybody is going to act on them and isn't really justifiable feedback 

but i will take your feedback on board.
thanks.
gaming is a way of life
(10-02-2022, 10:10 PM)President Karlos Wrote: i respect everyone has an opinion but like you just said you don't know me that well and i have really only seen you in the game a few times mostly when ive ben playing with friends and we like to have abit of a laugh and find some goofy spots. sycophantic means to gain advantage or the behaviour is to praise someone in authority in a way that isnt sincere in order to get some advantage from them. can you please tell me when i have done this behaviour other then thanking or talking to mods about removing ghosters or hackers which tbh would be a normal response in any situation or just tying to make new friends.?
as for my strange ideals on how id promote the 'dinks daycare services' can you give an example of that please. because in respect everyone has an opinion and we don't all have to agree with it. yes i have some ideas but thats all they are is ideas doesnt mean anybody is going to act on them and isn't really justifiable feedback 

thanks.

In a vacuum, thanking and interacting with staff isn't suspicious. However, responding to criticism aimed at the server by instantly resorting to comments in the vein of 
"Go play on another server then" or "Start your own server then" while sprinkling in some sarcastic emoji spam and obnoxiously sarcastic faux-politeness makes you seem insincere and potentially abusive towards anyone that you perceive as opposition (You've displayed this sort of behavior the few times I can remember playin' with you, but there's only one example of this on the discord afaik. My advice for that would be to try listening to and understanding people before telling them to fuck off). Anyways, t
his insincerity seeps over and taints your image so that when you eagerly interact with staff while also displaying a desire for donor/staff powers, it makes you seem like a brown-noser who would abuse the power that they're after. I also found the remark, "Can someone important jump on and ban this new hacker", to be a bit odd. 

As for the child-proofing aspect, pushing for more censorship with comments such as 
"Ban everyone in chat and VC saying cum there are kids on extremely inappropriate" and "...I'm dead serious but I'm recording so can always ban them at a later date if needed" is simply severity silliness, and I don't agree with it. It also ties into the whole "potentially abusive" topic.

To reiterate, I don't know you all that well, and that is why I ended my first reply with "for now". 
(10-03-2022, 09:25 PM)Toaduh Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 10:10 PM)President Karlos Wrote: i respect everyone has an opinion but like you just said you don't know me that well and i have really only seen you in the game a few times mostly when ive ben playing with friends and we like to have abit of a laugh and find some goofy spots. sycophantic means to gain advantage or the behaviour is to praise someone in authority in a way that isnt sincere in order to get some advantage from them. can you please tell me when i have done this behaviour other then thanking or talking to mods about removing ghosters or hackers which tbh would be a normal response in any situation or just tying to make new friends.?

thanks.

In a vacuum, thanking and interacting with staff isn't suspicious. However, responding to criticism aimed at the server by instantly resorting to comments in the vein of 
"Go play on another server then" or "Start your own server then" while sprinkling in some sarcastic emoji spam and obnoxiously sarcastic faux-politeness makes you seem insincere and potentially abusive towards anyone that you perceive as opposition (You've displayed this sort of behavior the few times I can remember playin' with you, but there's only one example of this on the discord afaik. My advice for that would be to try listening to and understanding people before telling them to fuck off). Anyways, t
his insincerity seeps over and taints your image so that when you eagerly interact with staff while also displaying a desire for donor/staff powers, it makes you seem like a brown-noser who would abuse the power that they're after. I also found the remark, "Can someone important jump on and ban this new hacker", to be a bit odd. 

As for the child-proofing aspect, pushing for more censorship with comments such as 
"Ban everyone in chat and VC saying cum there are kids on extremely inappropriate" and "...I'm dead serious but I'm recording so can always ban them at a later date if needed" is simply severity silliness, and I don't agree with it. It also ties into the whole "potentially abusive" topic.

To reiterate, I don't know you all that well, and that is why I ended my first reply with "for now". 

your welcome to your opinion....others would say very different. seems to me you have somthing against me not sure what ive done but yeah. also want to point out that you think that old men saying 'cum' to little kids is okay? and me wanting to stop that is silliness ? (you wernt online in fact ive only seen you on like 3 times when ive been on) and i had to sit there and listen to the mic spam of that word and other things that where being said and no one was able to come on at the time. if i become trusted my go to would be 'warning' then 'gag' for the round then if it continues id submit a request for admins.
I said im recording so that when i do a ban request on here that admins can choose to ban them or what they see fit.. you think that ill potentially be abusive when ill have to follow the rules just like everyone else. but you think your right soo thanks for your feed back
gaming is a way of life
(10-04-2022, 12:43 AM)President Karlos Wrote: your welcome to your opinion....others would say very different. seems to me you have somthing against me not sure what ive done but yeah. also want to point out that you think that old men saying 'cum' to little kids is okay? and me wanting to stop that is silliness ? (you wernt online in fact ive only seen you on like 3 times when ive been on) and i had to sit there and listen to the mic spam of that word and other things that where being said and no one was able to come on at the time. if i become trusted my go to would be 'warning' then 'gag' for the round then if it continues id submit a request for admins.I said im recording so that when i do a ban request on here that admins can choose to ban them or what they see fit.. you think that ill potentially be abusive when ill have to follow the rules just like everyone else.  but you think your right soo thanks for your feed back

It does seem that my replies were misinterpreted as a personal issue against you. I'm to blame as my original reply was too brief, and I failed to properly articulate the reasoning behind my -1. I should have held off on commenting until I had the time to formulate a proper reply, so I apologize for the inconvenience.

I don't know you well enough to have anything against you. I was only stating the vibe that I've gotten from you the few times that we've played together and from what I'd seen on discord. I'm open to being proved wrong as having more good staff members benefits the community; however, you've just provided another example that only reinforces my suspicion. You said,
"also want to point out that you think that old men saying 'cum' to little kids is okay? and me wanting to stop that is silliness ? (you wernt online in fact ive only seen you on like 3 times when ive been on)". You did not provide this context on discord (although my opinion remains the same, instantly jumping to banning people for saying naughty words is indeed silly).

Now, instead of simply providing the context as to why you would make such a dramatic statement, you opted for the route of slandering and attempting to discredit me by deflecting and claiming that I was the one with a dramatic opinion (the route an insincere and abusive person would take, especially given the gross implications behind that specific bit of dishonesty mind you). I'm willing to chalk that up to merely being an emotionally charged comment brought about by my failure to articulate sooner, but it is still worrisome given my previously established suspicion.

I just hope that you don't take my attempts at looking out for the community as some sort of personal attack against you as that is a waste of time and certainly not my intention. Now, regardless of my long-winded responsesI don't want to derail this thread any further as multiple walls of text can be annoying to both read and moderate. So I will shut up and leave it be. 
(10-04-2022, 06:04 AM)Toaduh Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 12:43 AM)President Karlos Wrote: your welcome to your opinion....others would say very different. seems to me you have somthing against me not sure what ive done but yeah. also want to point out that you think that old men saying 'cum' to little kids is okay? and me wanting to stop that is silliness ? (you wernt online in fact ive only seen you on like 3 times when ive been on) and i had to sit there and listen to the mic spam of that word and other things that where being said and no one was able to come on at the time. if i become trusted my go to would be 'warning' then 'gag' for the round then if it continues id submit a request for admins.I said im recording so that when i do a ban request on here that admins can choose to ban them or what they see fit.. you think that ill potentially be abusive when ill have to follow the rules just like everyone else.  but you think your right soo thanks for your feed back

It does seem that my replies were misinterpreted as a personal issue against you. I'm to blame as my original reply was too brief, and I failed to properly articulate the reasoning behind my -1. I should have held off on commenting until I had the time to formulate a proper reply, so I apologize for the inconvenience.

I don't know you well enough to have anything against you. I was only stating the vibe that I've gotten from you the few times that we've played together and from what I'd seen on discord. I'm open to being proved wrong as having more good staff members benefits the community; however, you've just provided another example that only reinforces my suspicion. You said,
"also want to point out that you think that old men saying 'cum' to little kids is okay? and me wanting to stop that is silliness ? (you wernt online in fact ive only seen you on like 3 times when ive been on)". You did not provide this context on discord (although my opinion remains the same, instantly jumping to banning people for saying naughty words is indeed silly).

Now, instead of simply providing the context as to why you would make such a dramatic statement, you opted for the route of slandering and attempting to discredit me by deflecting and claiming that I was the one with a dramatic opinion (the route an insincere and abusive person would take, especially given the gross implications behind that specific bit of dishonesty mind you). I'm willing to chalk that up to merely being an emotionally charged comment brought about by my failure to articulate sooner, but it is still worrisome given my previously established suspicion.

I just hope that you don't take my attempts at looking out for the community as some sort of personal attack against you as that is a waste of time and certainly not my intention. Now, regardless of my long-winded responsesI don't want to derail this thread any further as multiple walls of text can be annoying to both read and moderate. So I will shut up and leave it be. 

about 20 other people i play with everyday will prove you wrong! :)
also i didnt have to provide you with any context as it has nothing to do with you and was for admins to deal with when i do the ban request.. so just jumping on a comment that you know nothing about and then trying to say im insincere and abusive is an over stretch. also you say looking about for the community but your never on to look out for them. i was a corrections officer for just over 2 years ive seen some pretty bad stuff and ive also read what they have done and what those people used as a tool for there offending a lot has to do with being on the internet and if i can protect the community from those people i will. trusted or not. so yup lets just leave it at that.
gaming is a way of life
+1 from my many interactions with him he has been respectful and wants to make sure the community is well kept. He is always quick to record and send in a ban request when someones acting up and knows all the rules.
bump
Bumping one more time. Will be closing this soon.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Hi President Karlos,

Thank you for applying for Trusted. After a lengthy discussion amongst the PH admins, we have decided to deny your application at this time.
This was not an easy decision. We would like you to reapply next month. I am going to DM you our reasons for our denial. You have consistently shown that you care about the players on the server, and I definitely think that you could join the PH staff team in the near future. There are just a few things we want to go over/discuss before that can take place.

You may reapply November 6th, 2022.
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]