Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know I said I wouldn't.
Easy +1 I just hope you don't get burnt out and quit again. Moderating takes away alot of fun from the game and it would suck to see good players stop playing once they get a rank.
bump
bump
[Image: BbGd4LU.jpeg]
played with damien again recently.

this has only reinforced the support I have for this man. He left the server in a confused state and is back now stronger.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
Preface this with the fact that I am a neutral vote. I am just not active enough right now too, any good conscious, issue a vote on this particular staff app.

First, the application is for trusted. This is the lowest level of staff, and if you trust the person to have elevated permissions, and to hold the rank of staff, then it's probably okay to add them.

His prior staff tenure was somewhat doomed from the start due to the "reception" he was given. It was hard to see the new guy get beat up so bad from others in the community, despite their voices and votes not having been posted on the staff application. If you don't agree with a staff member being added, you're welcome to disagree, but you're not welcome to slander and harass them. And I feel that the welcome he received upon joining the staff discord was tantamount to harassment.

That being said, there were several issues during your staff tenure that I recall. You had some issues with trolling as a staff member, which would include sexual and/or pedo jokes despite your age. You would also sometimes antagonize those you don't like, and try to bait a bannable phrase instead of just filing a ban request or bringing stuff to an admin. I remember being DM'd by someone who was extremely concerned that you were antagonizing them and trying to get them banned while you were staff. However, these instances were a long time ago, and I'm having trouble finding the evidence backing up the claims that I saw. I believe these may have been one off comments, and I have seen no evidence of this behavior having continued after resigning the first time. And the way I describe it here probably looks a lot worse than it actually was, this was not anything like a Milly/Ashley situation. If anything it was simply too much trolling.

Also, this has been roughly a year away now. Things have changed, and people grow more mature. And I don't mean mature as an age, but mature as in actions and behavior. I've met 14-year-old staff members who are very mature in staff well, and I've met 27-year-old staff members who are absolute dickheads.

I haven't played a whole lot recently, and I haven't played with you a whole lot recently. I don't recall any issues from the times I have played with you. I haven't looked up your warn history, and I haven't done my due diligence of research to properly vote. It seems that you're getting a lot of community support from all different areas of the community (other than DR staff RIP). If everything else checks out in terms of your warn history across our different servers, I have no issue giving you another chance. I think there's a different staffing culture present now, and I'm willing to bet that several staff members are more than willing to help you along the way while you are trusted. You can include me in that group as well if you wish.

However this application goes Damien, I hope that you continue to have fun on the server. Staffing can sometimes make your playtime miserable, and I hope you don't let that happen to you. Keep your head up, staff where you need to, take breaks where you need to, don't overdo it, and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Best of luck with your application.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Damien,

Your staff application has been ACCEPTED. Welcome back to the staff!
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]