Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know I said I wouldn't.
I +1 this
He is staff good, yeah?
aughhh
[Image: raccoon1_1.jpg?ex=6628fb2c&is=6616862c&h...0080f14e4&]
Damien,

I'm glad you reapplied for staff. You've continued to grow as an individual since I joined Dinks, and I hope you're afforded the opportunity to prove yourself once again.
If accepted, I think it would be best if you are paired with one of the mods to act as a "shepard" (right word?) to help you get a solid footing during your first month of staffing.
Best of luck.
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
I wasn't here for your original stint at staffing, and I'm not reading through 7 staff applications. That's ridiculous. But I think I have a general idea of what happened.

Damien, you're fun to play with and I have little doubt that you'll do fine as Trusted. Salty mentioned not jumping the gun to punishing and I would say the same thing. I've seen someone RDM and leave or something like that and within 5 picoseconds, you're posting their Steam ID and saying that they left. Yeah, guy, (most times) I know the idiot left. Usually, I'm getting screenshots or checking logs before I ban the person so I have proof. I, and the other staff, appreciate the help because there have been times that I've missed stuff and a friendly member let me know what fart-breather screwed up and needs to be punished, but sometimes I feel like you're just a hair too fast.

Addressing Damien's age, I don't know how old Damien is, but I first became a staff member on this server when I was 14. Less than 5 months later (I was still 14), I was a Moderator and the ability to ban people. Was I a cringelord kid? Of course, I still am. But not once was my age called into question, nor were my staffing abilities nitpicked because of my age. I will say that back then, the average age of the server was younger, but that doesn't matter. And I wasn't the only one who was young and a staff member. Dirtypizza, Ted, and Drew were young, and I imagine Lycan, MiniMe, Deadpool, and a whole bunch of other goobers were around my age when they first got staff. All of these people have been model community members and staff members (maybe not Lycan...), and are still here today in some capacity (RIP Dirtypizza and Ted). Age doesn't matter. Maturity and ability matter, and I believe Damien has shown himself mature and capable enough to be Trusted (the most lax of the staff positions, mind you).

Addressing Salty's second comment about trolls, and I'll wrap this into you being run out of the staff team, it seems that you've grown up a lot from when you first joined to now, so I probably don't need to say this but I'll say it anyway. Don't worry about what morons on the Internet have to say about you. Of course, if there's some credence to what they're saying (you're blatantly being a bad person, you're breaking the rules, you need to tighten up on your staffing, etc.), then listen to them and hear what they have to say. But if someone says something that you know isn't true, ignore them or tell them to piss off. The opinion of those that you don't know on the Internet is about as useful as an igloo in the desert. Who cares what some dingleberry has to say if it isn't true or isn't helpful? Ignore them, tell them to stop, and talk to an Admin if things get out of hand. You can help yourself out by doing everything by the rules, having proof of what you did, and being able to explain why you did the thing that you did. If you can't do all three of those things before you perform an action, I would seriously evaluate whether or not you need to perform that action. That has saved me countless times before.

I say all of that to say -1. Damien said that he was going to wait until October 31, 2022 to post his application, and he did not do that. If someone can't keep their word about something as simple as posting a thread on the forums, how can we trust them to properly uphold the rules of our beloved server? A man who cannot keep his word is a man who should not be trusted (pun not intended).

Just kidding. +1. I'm sure Damien will do fine.
As my close friend Drake said:

“And I turn the six upside down, it's a nine now”

That’s how many times I’ve seen him apply for staff again, can we please just stop resigning to just become staff again?

+1 though
[Image: b_560x95.png]
+1 for a fellow slur enthusiast
I'm +1 this app out of pure will and not because he put me as a sponsor.
This guy obviously cares and as greasy as his hair might be I see no reason for this app not be applied.
Super active
Jack of some traits, Master of none
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
From what I have seen you can be immature at times and I do believe sometimes you take some comments out of proportion but I do believe that these things can be adjusted and fixed. I am currently at a +0 but if you do get accepted I am hoping that you will change these things and become a very good staff member. I think you have what it takes but from what I have witnessed I am just unsure that you can handle the job. Hoping you prove me wrong and can become a great addition to the team!
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
+.07 don't get paid enough to care
I’m biased +1
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
oh yeah i forgot to actually say something about damiens staff app oops
so

+1 because pretty much anyone who applies for trusted and isn't completely braindead and also plays enough should just get it and this idiot won't get off of TTT half the time.
Good kid, knows rules, is kind of stupid and needs to pop a xannie before he gets on server some days, all that jazz. Plus he's one of those people that actually tries to help with real issues, which is nice, not just the shiny things. I'll be playing less again because him being on and staff while I'm on makes me want to throw myself into a lake, but that's more about him than it is about me.

also
Back in my day the currently available staff would do whatever 'shepherd' bullshit would be needed by simply saying "hey, this person doesn't need this punishment" or whatever, and people would get properly trained from the getgo, so that shouldn't be an issue or require special circumstances for Damien, and that idea feels insulting considering everything he does is already put under a microscope by /some/ people.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)