Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dream come true will it be true its ok if it passes by better luck next time
(09-28-2022, 01:59 AM)When Life gives you Lemons Wrote: Purge tho i do like you as a person and have played with you many times, i think youre just missing one of the intergral things of someone applying for staff, youre missing ban requests and forum experience in general, tho i know that will come with having trusted and being trusted, it should also come before so im sorry but
lemons i know that i know i have a lot to learn and also being a staff yes I'm  young and don't have experience but if I'm doing it bad you can always tell me to leave or give my spot to someone else I'm doing this because i do care about Dinkle Bergs server ph. i know there's serious stuff but learning other things isn't bad to give it a chance and to try  honestly i did this so i could help the server cause someone told me they are low in staffs and so i want to try and help i know I'm probably not the best at the start but they do have training as well which its good for me to learn or if I'm not unsure with things i can always ask for help or ask questions  plus if i didnt get in its ok i will get to be a donor  and hope so the best but we will see where this goes    i know i do make mistakes in typing and also doing the forms but it is my first time trying and filling it out on my own and being nervous like crazy  but in the end of the day its all about trying  a chance  but i wont know if i get it  but better luck next time for me  but good luck to the rest   :D
I did not expected this app tbh

First thing is first, trusted is a starter rank for staff so you shouldn't be asked for ban requests as of yet.  When you get staff you do go through training.

Something lacking right now in my opinion is forum/discord activity especially since you made your forum account yesterday as of this response.

I'm pretty sure you already know the rules since you've been here playing in Dinks PH since November last year(don't know how much of the guidelines you know about) but being staff means you will have to learn how to put people down and enforce the rules including friends. Are you capable of enforcing rules to everybody in a equal manner friend or no?

Staffing will take a toll on you.  I've seen fucked up players join the server and ruin your day with shit they are capable of saying.  

And lastly this is an advise from personal experience.  If you become staff, don't take it as if it were a job, don't go ahead and cancel plans you have just because you theres a ping on Discord, don't take away some of your hours of sleep because there might be racost trolls at night,  don't push yourself you will not die if something goes wrong.  It's a game so try to enjoy it as well.

The app did had effort and its ok to feel nervous about the first time applying since I felt that way as well.

As of now I think my vote will be neutral since giving it a +1 would be biased.
Purge is a nice, well known player, though I'm not sure how she will deal with the trolls. Wilfry is correct, if you keep pushing yourself and respond to every ping you'll start getting burnt out and eventually you won't want to play anymore. Are you sure you will be able to deal with the trolls, and not let them get under your skin?

My vote is neutral.
[Image: image.png]
(09-28-2022, 10:00 AM)Carson Wrote: Purge is a nice, well known player, though I'm not sure how she will deal with the trolls. Wilfry is correct, if you keep pushing yourself and respond to every ping you'll start getting burnt out and eventually you won't want to play anymore. Are you sure you will be able to deal with the trolls, and not let them get under your skin?

My vote is neutral.
As long I be calm and there with others as well I should be alright even if there's trolls on I can always be there to record or screenshot something that isn't right but the training is step by step and trolls I should be ok and learning to help the server if I'm not sure on something I can always ask questions for more on being staff

(09-28-2022, 06:38 AM)Wilfry Wrote: I did not expected this app tbh

First thing is first, trusted is a starter rank for staff so you shouldn't be asked for ban requests as of yet.  When you get staff you do go through training.

Something lacking right now in my opinion is forum/discord activity especially since you made your forum account yesterday as of this response.

I'm pretty sure you already know the rules since you've been here playing in Dinks PH since November last year(don't know how much of the guidelines you know about) but being staff means you will have to learn how to put people down and enforce the rules including friends. Are you capable of enforcing rules to everybody in a equal manner friend or no?

Staffing will take a toll on you.  I've seen fucked up players join the server and ruin your day with shit they are capable of saying.  

And lastly this is an advise from personal experience.  If you become staff, don't take it as if it were a job, don't go ahead and cancel plans you have just because you theres a ping on Discord, don't take away some of your hours of sleep because there might be racost trolls at night,  don't push yourself you will not die if something goes wrong.  It's a game so try to enjoy it as well.

The app did had effort and its ok to feel nervous about the first time applying since I felt that way as well.

As of now I think my vote will be neutral since giving it a +1 would be biased.
I will share the rules around yeah its the most important thing to the server even if there's trolls or friends doing something bad but  let's see where this takes me at first
Hi purgewolf. Glad to see you.

In regards to your application, before I can plus one, I have one question. Did you get around to 2fa'ing your account? I remember that there was a wave of people in the Dinks discord getting hacked, staff and non staff alike. Just making sure you are 2fa'd on steam and discord.

Otherwise +1, solid app.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(09-28-2022, 02:48 PM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: Hi purgewolf. Glad to see you.

In regards to your application, before I can plus one, I have one question. Did you get around to 2fa'ing your account? I remember that there was a wave of people in the Dinks discord getting hacked, staff and non staff alike. Just making sure you are 2fa'd on steam and discord.

Otherwise +1, solid
yeah i have heard about the hacking and others but i never gotten hacked  but  i should have a 2fa'd on steam and  discord but when i see people getting hacked i block them anyways
Hello Wolf and thank you for applying.

Deletion of ones own app is obliviously a denial. Reading through everyone's comments I see that you are well liked and many people are worried about how you could be affected by the unfriendlies on server. Being staff isnt easy; we are trolled, insulted, threatened, and worse. I'm not saying this to try to scare you or anyone else away, I just want you to be informed and prepared if you decide to apply again. Letting the words and everything roll off you takes practice for many of us, heck i used to let it get to me a thousand years ago. :)

If you choose to apply again we would like to see a bit more involvement in the wider community like discord and here.

And as a general announcement to anyone applying, if you choose to close youre staff app, change your mind, or just no longer want to try for staff you can always let one of the admins know so that we may close it for you. It keeps us from having to reopen and close the apps and we dont have to share any other info if you dont want us to.

*EDIT*
Please look here for info before applying. You can also look at past applications.
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/ann....php?aid=1

You may reapply again if you choose on 10/29/2022
Have a lovely day.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.