Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is he up to now
I wasn’t around for the community ban era but ever since I met laced he’s been nothing but great. He knows the rules, has staffing experience, and is widely liked and respected by the community. I say give him another chance :) +1
(10-02-2022, 03:33 PM)chicago porch pirate Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 03:32 PM)Reina Wrote: As a close friend and a person who doesn't play TTT, I can speak on laced's character, but not how he acts on the server. The person I've known him to be outside of the server is a very patient and thoughtful guy who's good at telling when he needs to be serious, while also being laid-back and just generally fun to be around. I think these traits are things he'd be capable of applying to his behavior as a staff member if he wants to, and I definitely believe he wants to. So, even if this application gets denied, I'm willing to bet he'll be able to use that patience and thoughtfulness to improve his behavior by the next one. 

It annoys me when people do this, but since I don't play TTT and don't know what he's like in-game, I'll give a +0.
you must be thinking of someone else, i am chicago porch pirate

right, my bad. went ahead and fixed it.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
Based Xanax

+1
[Image: b_560x95.png]
bump
ok admins let me summarize. there is ONE -1 due to his history. history cannot be changed. overall, he has full community support (at least on the forums), clearly knows rules and what is expected. close and accept
(10-03-2022, 11:18 PM)euphoria Wrote: ok admins let me summarize. there is ONE -1 due to his history. history cannot be changed. overall, he has full community support (at least on the forums), clearly knows rules and what is expected. close and accept
damn bro i hope he sees this
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
(10-04-2022, 09:32 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 11:18 PM)euphoria Wrote: ok admins let me summarize. there is ONE -1 due to his history. history cannot be changed. overall, he has full community support (at least on the forums), clearly knows rules and what is expected. close and accept
damn bro i hope he sees this
me too
I’ll be completely honest I still don’t know if you have the communities interests in mind or your own. With that said that is an impossible situation and completely unfair for me to hold that over you, so I’m gonna rant a bit and give my thoughts.
I don’t think you have changed, I don’t mean this in a negative way either, I’m of the opinion that people don’t change over the course of a few years but it takes many for slight adjustments. What you HAVE done is become more aware, or perhaps more mature, and you are able to recognize your faults and have done much better at controlling how you express your initial reaction to things. To be honest as someone who was friends with you I am glad you haven’t changed. I still see that passion in you that I did back then and quite frankly it is very inspiring that you are still, despite all of the wrongs this community has done to you, trying to help in some way. I will say currently my biggest concern is you will fall back into the hole that got us banned in the first place, that being bullying the community into a specific opinion. Other than that I think you have a good chance here. I’ll admit I’ve said some contradictory things about you being staff (even in the past few days) but I will stick by my next statement from now on unless something changes.
My vote ultimately means nothing in TTT but we have accepted much Much worse than you into the team and you know how to do the job, so I think it would be unfair to completely write you off.
Sorry epicguy, +0.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
This one is tricky for me. It's clear from both how active you are and how long you've been here that you care about the community. As I've also seen from sifting through old forum history since I've joined, you've got a good head on your shoulders, and some insightful and reasonable shit to say, which I personally think is a really important quality for staff.

You do have a slur warning in the last two weeks, which as I mentioned in my recent response to voidzz, I think should be a general disqualifier for applying for staff (at least within a month or less of the warning). That being said, your last warn before that was nearly four months ago, so evidently it's not too much of a pattern recently.

Overall, I'll give a +0. I do think your "history" with the community is relevant, but I'm not too concerned about it personally. I've had generally pleasant interactions with you and think you could do well as staff, just maybe after a little longer without breaking the rules.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(10-05-2022, 09:59 AM)Ryan722 Wrote: stuff
That's fair. I've personally always been of the opinion that saying something like that in a report to my friend should be okay, as there's no real victim in that scenario. 

I understand where you're coming from though. I've chilled out on that and will continue to do so whether or not this app is accepted.