Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTT Tiered Rewards
sounds cool
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
looksp erfect
Challenge idea: RDM and convince staff you didn’t 5 times! (MUST NOT GET SLAIN)
please help the loan sharks are banging on my door i am 2k in debt from dinks pointshop purchases
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
Sounds like it would be fun and interesting! +1
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
(10-08-2022, 07:05 PM)icey Wrote: Challenge idea: RDM and convince staff you didn’t 5 times! (MUST NOT GET SLAIN)
he was kosed in vc
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
Bryan, I like this idea a lot, but I do have some questions I'd like to see an answer to:

1. Would this reset after a period like other games' passes and have new seasons, giving players more opportunities to get different items? If so, how long would that period be?
  2.  How many tiers would there be? What kind of rewards would be allotted? Are legendary or epic rarity items something that we'd see, or will we see less of those and more of rare, uncommon and common tier items? What about community items?
  3. How would this work in the concept of rewards? Would it work similarly to a crate where when you "win" something, it is automatically placed in your inventory? What if there is a situation with a player not having enough room in their inventory?
  4. You mentioned that there is no monetary value involved to participate in this; would you allow people to use Premium Points to "buy tiers" similarly to other games' approach to battle passes? 
(10-09-2022, 12:10 PM)Salty Wrote: Bryan, I like this idea a lot, but I do have some questions I'd like to see an answer to:

1. Would this reset after a period like other games' passes and have new seasons, giving players more opportunities to get different items? If so, how long would that period be
We could certainly set it up that way. There is a simple way to reset progress of everyones pass to start them over. At this time, we are uncertain on how long the period would be that a pass would last but, if i had to guess it would be every 2-3 months. That way we can explore new items and new things to add. Make it actually a season change. 

1. How many tiers would there be? What kind of rewards would be allotted? Are legendary or epic rarity items something that we'd see, or will we see less of those and more of rare, uncommon and common tier items? What about community items?
Right now we are planning for 40-50 tiers of rewards. Community items will not be included as the server must draw a .mdl file in order to get the reward. I envision that the lower the tier, the lower the rarity of the item so the further along you progress, the more rare the items will be. There will likely be a mix of stuff you get currently on shop and possibly some exclusive items that can only be earned through the reward pass. 

1. How would this work in the concept of rewards? Would it work similarly to a crate where when you "win" something, it is automatically placed in your inventory? What if there is a situation with a player not having enough room in their inventory?
Yes! So once you unlock the tier, you will redeem the reward in the GUI menu. Once redeemed, the item will be placed in your inventory. I am unsure what will happen if you have a full inventory but, that can be tested. In theory, the reward should not redeem and you should be able to redeem it when someone clears a few items. 

1. You mentioned that there is no monetary value involved to participate in this; would you allow people to use Premium Points to "buy tiers" similarly to other games' approach to battle passes? 
We could explore that idea but, as of right now, there is no integrated way to do that. We have also explored the idea of making the "PREMIUM" pass buyable with premium points via pointshop but, that is a project on its own. 
Answers in Red 

I would love some more feedback or questions :)
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
why is there even an inventory limit anyways
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
(10-09-2022, 12:29 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: why is there even an inventory limit anyways
Because dink made it that way

Update: After testing with the addon, if you try and redeem an item with a FULL pointshop inventory, you will lose the item the tiered pass item.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]