Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 1 to owner
I literally am asking about it though? It's not ad hominem  or attack of character to ask what experiences someone is using to base their assumptions off of if they haven't played on the server (which the guy you quoted hasn't since I joined the server, and is just what gametracker says for the account linked to your forum account, and I can only personally recall seeing you on at the same time as me a handful of times). You're just making vague accusations of what you think might happen without describing any actual experiences or context to back it up. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to examine or re-evaluate based on that?

let me re evaluate then.

I arrived at my initial conclusion after asking others after playing with you to help me finish formulating my opinion about you. From what I could tell from my view, you would anger easily/show it outwardly. This is why I am concerned. As someone who caught 2 staff reports early in their staffing career, this is an extremely valid concern for me. Its an extremely unfortunate situation, and I think that its something that we should protect against by making sure to never move out of anger/emotions, nor show emotions like anger outwardly. this is what trolls look for, and will exploit it if you give them any leeway.

to pivot from this, I think that here you have demonstrated restraint when responding. Sure, you could have gone full blown poop fling. But you did not. 

I will change my vote to +0. I am still unsure about you, but I think you have potential. I look forwards to however this will pan out. If you aren't successful this time, I would highly recommend taking some time and reapplying.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(10-20-2022, 04:09 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: I literally am asking about it though? It's not ad hominem  or attack of character to ask what experiences someone is using to base their assumptions off of if they haven't played on the server (which the guy you quoted hasn't since I joined the server, and is just what gametracker says for the account linked to your forum account, and I can only personally recall seeing you on at the same time as me a handful of times). You're just making vague accusations of what you think might happen without describing any actual experiences or context to back it up. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to examine or re-evaluate based on that?

let me re evaluate then.

I arrived at my initial conclusion after asking others after playing with you to help me finish formulating my opinion about you. From what I could tell from my view, you would anger easily/show it outwardly. This is why I am concerned. As someone who caught 2 staff reports early in their staffing career, this is an extremely valid concern for me. Its an extremely unfortunate situation, and I think that its something that we should protect against by making sure to never move out of anger/emotions, nor show emotions like anger outwardly. this is what trolls look for, and will exploit it if you give them any leeway.

to pivot from this, I think that here you have demonstrated restraint when responding. Sure, you could have gone full blown poop fling. But you did not. 

I will change my vote to +0. I am still unsure about you, but I think you have potential. I look forwards to however this will pan out. If you aren't successful this time, I would highly recommend taking some time and reapplying.
I've only been genuinely angry on this server a total of like twice, and I wasn't particularly outward about it either time. The only time I'm really outwardly "angry" is when I'm raging at hitreg or something dumb happening in game, which mostly isn't serious and typically isn't targeted at another person unless they're also known to banter and shitpost, with the exception of sometimes calling people stupid in RDM reports (which I usually forgive anyways if turns out to be an honest mistake). I can see how it would look more serious at a glance and why that would be a cause for concern, but it's genuinely not that serious, and I welcome anyone to tell me directly if I've made them uncomfortable or unsure of my true intentions.
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
I enjoy talking shit with you and had no real issues with you prior to this thread. IDK something about your responses in this thread has rubbed me the wrong way. I get that your shit posting and talking smack in game but I can also understand why you have ticked people off. Not everyone enjoys getting talked smack to after they have been killed by some they don't know, even if there is no harm intended. Sniping someone from cross-map the saying "Ratio + Get Better" isn't usually perceived as "Goofy and Wacky' if it's by someone you don't really engage with. If you would like a better explanation of what i mean i would be happy to provide it.

Plus your opinion on the "demographic and mindset" of the staff team really was left field, but i would like to hear an explanation on that if you would like.

Either way, I don't think you're a good candidate for the staff at the moment. -1
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
(10-20-2022, 06:07 AM)KaptainLes Wrote: I enjoy talking shit with you and had no real issues with you prior to this thread. IDK something about your responses in this thread has rubbed me the wrong way.  I get that your shit posting and talking smack in game but I can also understand why you have ticked people off. Not everyone enjoys getting talked smack to after they have been killed by some they don't know, even if there is no harm intended. Sniping someone from cross-map the saying "Ratio + Get Better" isn't usually perceived as "Goofy and Wacky' if it's by someone you don't really engage with. If you would like a better explanation of what i mean i would be happy to provide it.

Plus your opinion on the "demographic and mindset" of the staff team really was left field, but i would like to hear an explanation on that if you would like.

Either way, I don't think you're a good candidate for the staff at the moment. -1
I get what you mean, but I don't really do that with random people I don't know, just with the people who are used to bantering and even then not really that often. What I've mentioned earlier in the thread is less talking shit and more shitposting and benign trolling.

I don't feel like it was really left field, I think I've been pretty open about my distaste for some of the jokes and behavior in certain areas on the server in the past. Do you disagree that, barring one or two exceptions, most of the staff fit into the demographic I described, or that certain staff are much more lenient on certain rules and issues? There's a reason "you have to do/say that in front of the right staff" is a common saying on the server, after all.

To clarify further on this matter since it seems to have gotten such a strong reaction from certain people, my point wasn't that I'm going to take over and suddenly kick out everyone I don't like (not until I'm owner), just that it would be healthy for the server to have more staff who are conscious of these things and can hold not just players but other staff accountable and help prevent circlejerks from forming. Ultimately, I wouldn't have much power in this regard beyond enforcing the rules that already exist but are at times overlooked, and helping other staff be more aware of these issues should they be willing to listen.
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
(10-20-2022, 12:49 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 10:10 PM)bunniey Wrote: -snip-
homie i change my name basically daily tracking my gameplay via gametracker is impossible, i've been on while you were on pretty often
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
I’m a little confused as to why a few people seem to have taken issue with tiefling’s comment about the majority of staff members falling into a certain demographic with a certain mindset when it’s objectively true that the vast majority of the TTT staff team is teen to young adult males with overlapping personalities and at least somewhat similar senses of humor. That’s not a terrible thing, since that is the case for many regulars as well, but I’m guessing it means there isn’t a big difference in opinions during discussions. 

If there aren’t going to be many staff members who fall under the female and non-binary demographics to represent those players during discussions, then I think it’s important for those few to be able to hold their own in a discussion, which seems to be the case so far based on the female and non-binary staff members I know of. Once her behavior and attitude have improved, I believe Tiefling will be capable of participating in those discussions in a productive manner while hopefully being mature, unbiased, and helpful on the server.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
I don't think there's anything wrong with having a more diverse staff team, more insight on things that the majority of people may not understand is always good. The problem arises when you start accepting people for that purpose alone. I haven't seen a trend of this happening yet in 4 years of being here nor do I ever wish to, but there is more to being a staff member than just being part of the majority and agreeing with what everyone else says.

I may have been a little overdramatic in my earlier post when I labeled you as one of the biggest instigators on the server, however I still believe you're not ready to become a part of the staff team.

One thing to take into consideration is that although somebody may be known to shitpost and whatnot, it's not an absolute guarantee that they want to engage in that with you. Personally, I try to keep my tomfoolery contained within my friend group and other people that I am 100% sure will be okay with it.

im hungry
(10-20-2022, 09:01 AM)Reina Wrote: I’m a little confused as to why a few people seem to have taken issue with tiefling’s comment about the majority of staff members falling into a certain demographic with a certain mindset when it’s objectively true that the vast majority of the TTT staff team is teen to young adult males with overlapping personalities and at least somewhat similar senses of humor. That’s not a terrible thing, since that is the case for many regulars as well, but I’m guessing it means there isn’t a big difference in opinions during discussions. 

If there aren’t going to be many staff members who fall under the female and non-binary demographics to represent those players during discussions, then I think it’s important for those few to be able to hold their own in a discussion, which seems to be the case so far based on the female and non-binary staff members I know of. Once her behavior and attitude have improved, I believe Tiefling will be capable of participating in those discussions in a productive manner while hopefully being mature, unbiased, and helpful on the server.

this is not how she phrased it. you either didn't see the deleted post or are being intentionally dishonest.

also, for some of the people here who are criticizing her, she is allowed to defend herself or respond to claims made about her. it's not being argumentative or "unstafflike" to want to provide an explanation/defense for how you are perceived, you're unfairly putting someone in a no win situation by doing that (it's also super cringe, if you're going to make a point about someone, defend against their defense).
Closing for now until a decision is made.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Tiefling

Your application for trusted has been DENIED

You may reapply for staff on 11/21/22
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]