Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Have to Stop 1984
-1 I don’t trust you to join the current admin team. I don’t think you show enough maturity for it. Being an Admin also comes with responsibilities outside of TTT and representing TTT to other aspects of the community, which include addressing and giving input to community issues and having additional admin permission privileges in the forums and discord. Considering your antics in discord with the ghost pinging, trolling, and deleting messages, I find it hard to believe that you can be trusted with those powers and take it seriously at this time.

The way you act can encourage others to behave the way you do at times because you are staff, imagine what that would be like if you were an Admin. While some of it may seem harmless, it gives off a sense that you would not take those powers seriously and assist in those areas when necessary. Just because you “haven’t received a strike” doesn’t mean that behavior was fitting of someone who should be an upper staff member. You also need to earn the trust of those staff in those areas, which you don’t. It’s a position that’s involved in all aspects outside of the ttt community at times and engaging in those high level discussions. It’s also annoying to those who had to deal with those antics, especially because it was a staff member causing them.  You need to show more maturity, especially outside of TTT itself. As others have said, you need to set an example of how to act and not an example of how NOT to act. I don’t play TTT much anymore, so it’s not fair for me to comment on how you act there.
no, you're kind of annoying with how you joke

(10-21-2022, 10:44 PM)BillyBob Wrote: I’m not sure how long time has to pass before an instance is deemed not, but I can’t go back in change the past, all I know is I was screwing around 3-4 months ago, was told to stop, stopped, and it’s still being brought up.

here are three from this month. the staff ping was sent when another staff member was spam pinging on-call staff, also in ttt chat. the message you deleted by norm had no back and forth and was prefaced with you saying "i am resisting the urge to delete all norm minder messages" out of nowhere right after he joined the conversation. wrom seemed to find it funny when you deleted his, but it's still just not something i've really seen anyone else do because it is a misuse of permissions.

[Image: billybob3.PNG][Image: billybob2.PNG]
[Image: billybob1.PNG]
Hi Billybob,

Where do I start? My personal opinion, I think you’re a fun, wacky, schizo, shit poster and nice dude in general. But as with any other app, biases need to be thrown out to focus on the important aspects of them. I personally think that you would not be ready for Admin. I think with a little more time to, not necessarily mature, but more time to show you’re admin worthy is with the less statements or shitposting that’ll get your warning up on the forums and as well as being a little more serious on discord. I personally don’t have any bad experiences with you. Yet, I want to see what you are able to provide and do, as derp exclaimed in his post, to be an admin. What can you bring to the table besides aiding and lifting the burden off the current TTT admins? I understand not knowing LUA should not disqualify you but I feel as though that knowing certain aspects of the game and voicing improvements and opinions to add new features/items in the server is a helpful way to get to admin and (I could be wrong) but I haven’t seen much of opinions or suggestions stated from you. I personally like you as you are a great mod but I don’t think you would be ready for admin. My previous statement could be bashed and may not be relevant or helpful to the overall application but just something I thought would be helpful in aiding you to become Admin. 

For that, -1 currently to Admin. 
I would love to see you apply again and learn from these comments, even if some come off as brash, I think you could make a good Admin given the right maturation and more aiding in the behind the scenes aspect of the server.

Good Luck Billybob!
Hey BillyBob!

Unfortunately for you my friend, your actions have seemed to proceed you and garnered you a reputation of just being a troll; as someone who has seen what you are capable of when ti comes to the context of TTT, I really think you should try and approach everything in the community with that interest, not just the TTT staff chat or TTT threads. I will say that I do not believe that BillyBob was lying about "I haven't done in 3 months" like Reina was trying to suggest, but rather that he most likely forgot he did it; it doesn't excuse that he ghost pinged on October 8th, 2022, but I would suggest the community not to jump to conclusions in situations like this. You wouldn't appreciate it if you were on the receiving end of it yourself, so just keep that in mind.

If I recall correctly, you're currently serving our nation on active duty and have 12 hour work days, to which you had told me in a call before that "you get so tired you don't even feel like playing video games." Keeping this in mind, I have concerns that you would be an extremely inactive staff due to your busy personal life, and that's not an attack on your character or ANYTHING LIKE THAT, it's just the situation you're in.

My question to you is this: If you were selected as an admin, what changes? You definitely wouldn't suddenly get a burst of energy after working 12 hours, so would you only be available on days you're off, or what? 

Overall, my vote is going to be a -1. Personally, I don't give a fuck about the "troll" shit because dong did things like that all the time and nobody seemed to care about it (probably because he wasn't pinging on call but I digress) but my issue is more of your availability. I think showing that you have interest is a good thing, and this gives you a chance to see how the community evaluates you and work on these things and potentially try applying again in the future. 

Either way, best of luck to you sir, and I hope I can get a response to my question from you soon!
My opinions basically mirror Gabe’s comment but I’ll also add you actively hinder other staffs ability to do things by constantly causing trouble. I think you are more than capable of doing the job but your mentality isn’t in the right place.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(10-22-2022, 07:12 AM)Salty Wrote: Hey BillyBob!

Unfortunately for you my friend, your actions have seemed to proceed you and garnered you a reputation of just being a troll; as someone who has seen what you are capable of when ti comes to the context of TTT, I really think you should try and approach everything in the community with that interest, not just the TTT staff chat or TTT threads. I will say that I do not believe that BillyBob was lying about "I haven't done in 3 months" like Reina was trying to suggest, but rather that he most likely forgot he did it; it doesn't excuse that he ghost pinged on October 8th, 2022, but I would suggest the community not to jump to conclusions in situations like this. You wouldn't appreciate it if you were on the receiving end of it yourself, so just keep that in mind.

My question to you is this: If you were selected as an admin, what changes? You definitely wouldn't suddenly get a burst of energy after working 12 hours, so would you only be available on days you're off, or what? 
Appreciate that opening part Salty. No, I don't remember that hence why I didn't mention it. If I were to take a guess I would assume it was an actual thing where someone was asking a question on ttt, or maybe I was still "trolling" which I sorta doubt. Nonetheless, it's there so I won't dispute it. 

As for your question, nothing really changes to be honest! While I am tired during the weekdays, I still typically get on for an hour or two each night and then I'm still hovering around the discord every day to answer any questions that people may have.
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
As certain individuals who are very highly involved in the TTT server have already mentioned, there is not only an objectively correct definition of maturity but also an objectively correct time to say certain things, times which only persons in the highest echelons of respect are truly tuned into, the selected oracles of empathy who have already attained their positions of status. Do you think you can dare to match up with such respectable, wise and noble individuals as already occupy their seats? I'm sorry, you just don't have the objectively correct mindset that certain other members of the community do; to be an exalted messiah, you must transcend the petty human conditions of mirth and merry. Some of it may seem harmless, but it is not because some people find you annoying! You will be engaging in VERY IMPORTANT and HIGH BROW discussions WELL ABOVE the ignorant commoners outside the closed doors, and for that you must be found personally agreeable by its stalwart and cerebral gatekeepers.

+1
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
I'm not sure if this has been done historically, but I like the idea of dividing the Admin responsibilities between different people based on their strengths, and I appreciate that you recognize yours as being involved in and a welcome face to the community.  Yes we currently have an Admin duo, but truthfully with Bryan being the only consistently actively involved Admin right now, an extra pair of hands to deal with community-facing stuff could certainly be a load off.

I think people have raised valid points so far however. BillyBob is a funny jokester (bro sometimes I don't even know how you come up with the shit you say lmao). Sometimes though that seems to take precedent over being a good role model. I'm a little torn about asking you to be more serious since you strike me as being very authentically yourself, which I like. I just think that especially as an Admin, some situations warrant being handled with a bit more tact.

Overall, I'm a -1 for now, but I'm happy to see the legitimate interest and think you could be a good candidate in the near future. Personally, I'd like to see more serious discourse from you in staff and community discussions, and a little longer without the funny Discord memeing people have mentioned so far in this thread. Good luck my friend
[Image: b_560x95.png]
-1 u muted me for a whole map because monkey magic told u to.
[Image: unknown.png]