Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harassment With Staff Present
This is the other two videos

https://youtu.be/v8cKPcpUFMg
https://youtu.be/ood1V1zPOAM
Hello,

First, I want to say that I haven't been avoiding this thread. I haven't been home since 2 PM and I'm just now sitting down to respond.

Starting with your first screenshot, ptk said the word "tran*y" in voice chat. I haven't heard that word in probably 10 years or more, and my only memory with the word is a kid in middle school saying it. So when ptk said it, I didn't know if it was a slur or not. Ignorance is not a valid reason to not warn someone. Once you said that ptk slurred, I used a modicum of common sense, and figured that if Kaiwan is saying it's a slur, it's probably a slur, and warned him for slurring. I don't recall ptk saying anything else in voice or text chat. If anyone has proof of ptk saying anything else, I will be more than willing to be held accountable for my inaction.

Moving on to the second and third screenshots, I was alive when fanta made those comments in dead chat. But once you asked if "this was ok to say??" I gave fanta a verbal/textual warning. I want to dive a little deeper into fanta's message. When I read the message last night, I read it as fanta talking directly to Kaiwan: "you [referring to Kaiwan] cant even throat fuck Kaiwan, your [Kaiwan's] dick is going to get stuck in his [other player's] adam's apple." I thought that fanta was making a joke that didn't land well, which is why I was, admittedly, lax in my warning to fanta and did not reach out to you or AWarn fanta. You're known to make jokes, and people often make jokes with you, so I thought this was another joking session. I was wrong. In addition to verbally warning fanta, I should have acknowledged the message you sent in admin chat by saying something along the lines of, "Hey Kaiwan, I saw your message in admin chat and verbally warned fanta. Let me know if fanta keeps saying stuff to you." For that, I apologize. Anecdotally, there was a time when tiefling posted a message in admin chat about someone needing a ban for mass RDMing. Rather than acknowledging the message, I continued to take screenshots of the logs in case the player posted a ban appeal. It wasn't until tiefling private messaged me that I responded to them. I say that to say, if I don't respond to you, it's not because I'm ignoring you. Most times, I'm taking a screenshot or doing something else for proof. I will work on responding to players more quickly so that they know that they are not being ignored.

In the fourth screenshot, it looks like the screenshot was taken on Simple Dink's. To my knowledge, I was not alive when fanta and you sent those messages in that screenshot. I'm not sure of the exact time the messages were sent, but based on the scroll bar and lack of messages after fanta's last message, it looks like fanta sent the message on Simple Dink's. I went back through the old logs from last night and found that you and I were only dead together twice in the six rounds that were played. And the second time we were dead together (the sixth round), once I died, I disconnected from the server. Of course, these timestamps don't take into account one of us dying after the round ends, and fanta and you going back and forth during the round end period. But I didn't see, and don't recall, those messages being sent during the round end period. Again, if I'm wrong about that, I will take accountability for my inaction.
  • Round 1: you died 50 seconds into the round. I did not die that round
  • Round 2: I died 13 seconds into the round. You were innocent and did not die that round
  • Round 3: I died 1 minute, 5 seconds into the round. You were a traitor and did not die that round
  • Round 4: I died 16 seconds into the round. You were innocent and did not die that round
  • Round 5: you died 1 minute, 55 seconds into the round. I died (to fanta) 2 minutes, 42 seconds into the round. fanta did not die that round.
  • Round 6: you died 12 seconds into the round. I died 28 seconds into the round. After dying, I disconnected from the server
  • The next round of the next map, I was not connected to the server

The fifth screenshot looks like it was taken on Orange_v7, I could be wrong. Either way, I was not on the server after Simple Dink's.

One thing that I find a tad bit confusing in all of this is that after fanta sent the message, and you told us that he sent the message in admin chat, there's was friendly banter between you and us. I would say that you talked to me and chibill as you would normally talk to us multiple times after fanta sent those messages, and you were bantering with slater as you normally would, so I thought all was fine. If I thought that people in a position of power were actively ignoring me and my claims of harassment, I wouldn't talk to them, let alone banter with them (thank you chibill for recording as you always do). Another thing that I found weird was that you only sent one message (to my knowledge) in admin chat about fanta's message. If I were harassed, I would like to believe that I would make more than one attempt at getting someone's attention to let them know that I was being harassed. Not send one message and move on like nothing ever happened. I know that everyone is different, but still. This is not an attempt to excuse me not reaching out to you.

To conclude, and to repeat something that I always say, I want everyone on this server, from Guest to Owner, to have a good time while they are on the server. This isn't something that I say just to say, or say to sound like a good staff member or whatever. As corny as it may sound, I take pride in my staffing abilities. I take pride in knowing that in my six years of staffing this server, I have not made any major mistakes or had any major accusations lodged against me. I take pride in knowing that people in the community feel comfortable enough coming to me when they have an issue because I do the things necessary to rectify the problem. I've had plenty of abuse reports thrown my way, but this one hurts. Anyone who knows me (as well as someone can know someone on the Internet) knows that I treat every player with the same amount of respect, professionalism, and dignity. I have no favorite players; I may think someone is cool or friendly, but I don't staff one player differently than another. This may not be the most opportune time for this, but it really upsets me when people sit on harassment and then make a forum post without talking to staff (not the case in this situation). I ask that anyone who feels harassed be persistent and firm in seeing through that their concerns are properly addressed. What I, or any other staff member, may think is a joke may not be a joke to you. If one staff member isn't handling your concern in a way you think is sufficient, take it to another staff member or directly to an Admin. And keep fighting for your concerns until they are properly addressed. No one should be harassed out of this community. Do mistakes happen? Absolutely. But this community has lasted this long because it is a friendly and open community where complaints of harassment are handled.

Kaiwan, my actions (or lack thereof) were not enough to properly rectify this incident. For that, I sincerely apologize. Mistakes were made in my handling of this situation, and I will do better in the future. Not just for you, but for all players. I want you to know that my opinion of you (not that I necessarily had one to begin with) will not change because of this post; I won't treat you any differently because of this post. I appreciate that you believe that I am a capable member of the staff team, and I apologize for not meeting your expectations. I can't speak for chibill or slater, but I would like to believe that they feel the same way as I do. They are great staff members and would not intentionally ignore harassment of any kind.

It's 1:00 AM and I've been working on this response for almost four hours. I'm going to bed. Admins, if action needs to be taken against me for my role in this incident, I accept.

Thank you.
Hi Kaiwan and the rest of the community,

I will provide evidence and context into this situation and hopefully fix a misunderstanding and correct some things but also provide my own statement to this issue and apologize. Note: Don't mind the background noise as I was trying to find queue's, eat chips, and skim through discord.

Evidence 1: https://youtu.be/1yfIFRIb_Us | Evidence 2: https://youtu.be/xzpJvrxpYg0
At around 5:00, we see that a player name PTK slurs against Kaiwan and Kaiwan then states to us, once in admin chat and no statements in vc, about PTK slurring. 12 seconds after, fanta states the text about Kaiwan to which I see what he stated but then I try to first take care of PTK slurring first since I didn't know Epicguy would handle the warn. I lose my train of thought trying to focus on PTK first and checking the scoreboard then Epicguy states "is t-word a slur?" while I am pming Kaiwan on who said it. I then kill bind to stop my recording and check my video since I did not catch what he said and needed to take a look on my recording which leads to evidence 2.

This takes place 2-5 seconds after evidence 1.
At 0:08 I then use admin chat and say, "not sure if tranny is a slur... i've heard debate over it," to which Epicguy then warns PTK for the slur. I then focus my attention to caribou's report while talking to some of the people, not paying much attention to text chat or vc or even sometimes tabbed out.
From that point on until 8:27, Kaiwan then states what fanta put in chat.
Epicguy states which report at around 8:34 of which report I was talking about. I notice the statement Kaiwan put in the admin chat and I should've acted upon this the moment it came up yet I focused on the reports instead and I assumed that maybe Epicguy or chibill would warn them for such. I was also debating whether or not that would be harassment since I tend to question some actions of whether or not that is warnable. I take the fault for this issue as I shouldn't have assumed but rather acted on this case yet I failed to.
At 8:53, Epicguy states, "why can't people be normal," to which I said, "no one is normal on the server." I then get distracted by my T round and gameplay in general to which it slips through my mind of taking care of the situation and it doesn't come up again. Again, that is my fault that I didn't prioritize the situation and handle it accordingly as I got distracted and did not intend to ignore it or brush it off. I apologize for this and for failing to settle the situation down and will take some time to pay more attention to others actions AND prioritize more serious situations that need to be handled.

Evidence 3: https://youtu.be/ODJ5uXaA-eg
This takes place after mc_dolls on a different map which I can't remember.

During this whole map rotation, I had no incite on screenshot 4 as I was alive during whatever round it was so I had no idea that statement was said by fanta. This was ( I assume since me, fanta, and Kaiwan weren't dead at the same time nor was it brought up in admin chat about the other statement said) in round 6. If you feel the need to watch the full video, be my guest, it's 22 mins long but there was no statement that I saw on my end.

Screenshots:
As for the screenshots provided by Kaiwan, screenshot 1 & 3 is what should've been the end of the harassment but I did not do what was expected and did not end it as I should have. Screenshot 2 is not known and is new evidence into what Kaiwan was dealing with during the map of mc_dolls. Screenshot 4 is also not known as I was alive during that time and had no insight as to what was going on. Screenshot 5 is the last one that is not known as well as I got off before Kaiwan took screenshot 5.

Overall:
I fully take responsibility for not committing and finishing what was a terrible and disgusting type of harassment from fanta. I should have done what was needed and yet I did not. I am sorry to Kaiwan for not doing what a staff member should have done and preventing this and I'm sorry to the rest of the people in TTT for letting this continue on. I am fully aware that I will need to learn more and take time to go through the rules and guidelines and even pay more strict attention to what is being said in both text and VC. If you have any statement or questions, feel free to add to this and provide criticisms that are needed to work on. Thank you Kaiwan for providing this thread and pointing out a major issue that is needed to be and should be dealt with more seriously. I know that EpicGuy and chibill would not let this slip and I know they are good community and staff members that genuinely didn't see these or mistook this incident and I hope that we can all learn from this and help be more proactive against these types of things and I know they will do good. I will work on what is needed and I hope that this can be further fleshed out for everyone and understood. Thank you once again. 

-slater
This is a situation of where I believe skipping steps on staff guidelines and not giving lower punishment due to rank (which does happen intentional or not) is completely warranted. This kind of targeted harassment should be at the bare minimum a month ban but this would warrant a permanent ban. It’s one thing if someone says a slur offhand or makes a dumb quip and stops when warned; but doubling down and continuing shows a level of intent that’s just beyond any realm of acceptable.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Definitely gonna have to agree with Dildo. Like he mentioned it's one thing to make off jokes and get a warning. But to continually target someone in the community is someone I certainly don't want to play with nor would I want to remain in the community.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
I’m not even going to read all of it but don’t even try to bring me into this lmao. You claim you’re being harassed but Epicguy warned me to stop and I did but you kept making comments about me provoking me to say something just for you to run to the forums, don’t cry harassment when you keep picking fights with people you can’t win. I don’t understand how saying you’re a man is a homophobic comment when clearly you are. The comment I made was nothing since you guys were talking about fucking 14 year old children, weird fucks.

Someone was hitting on kaiwan and I just simply made a joke, I thought that would be allowed since people were taking about fucking children the same night as well, forgive me popes.
(10-26-2022, 01:01 PM)fanta Wrote: I’m not even going to read all of it but don’t even try to bring me into this lmao. You claim you’re being harassed but Epicguy warned me to stop and I did but you kept making comments about me provoking me to say something just for you to run to the forums, don’t cry harassment when you keep picking fights with people you can’t win. I don’t understand how saying you’re a man is a homophobic comment when clearly you are. The comment I made was nothing since you guys were talking about fucking 14 year old children, weird fucks.
Wow this response was worse than expected. If you have any proof of the people involved talking about the claimed topic please bring it forward to someone on the staff team or an admin. You claim you were being provoked but it seems like you made the first comment towards Kaiwan correct? You say, "don't cry harassment when you keep picking fights with people you can't win." Pretty obvious you haven't matured past high school just from that statement alone. I highly recommend apologizing for the disgusting comments you made as that will probably result in the best outcome for you.

Good luck my friend!
(10-26-2022, 01:01 PM)fanta Wrote: I’m not even going to read all of it but don’t even try to bring me into this lmao. You claim you’re being harassed but Epicguy warned me to stop and I did but you kept making comments about me provoking me to say something just for you to run to the forums, don’t cry harassment when you keep picking fights with people you can’t win. I don’t understand how saying you’re a man is a homophobic comment when clearly you are. The comment I made was nothing since you guys were talking about fucking 14 year old children, weird fucks.

Someone was hitting on kaiwan and I just simply made a joke, I thought that would be allowed since people were taking about fucking children the same night as well, forgive me popes.
My brother in Christ there are literally screenshots of you harassing her. And intentionally misgendering her here is harassment as well
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Kaiwan, 

Thank you for posting this thread to identify the harassment you received on the server and the missed opportunity of our staff team to address and handle the issue. Neither of these things should be acceptable on our server and for that, I apologize to you for a few things. The first thing is my neglect in not responding promptly to your discord message. That was completely my fault and I should've nipped it in the bud as soon as I saw it. I apologize for how I handled the comments made in the Dinks Discord. There is no excuse and I own that. Secondly, I apologize on behalf of the staff team. We missed this and we own that. It is clear from Slaters, Epic Guys, and Chibill's posts that they recognize how they missed this opportunity as well. None of them will be receiving strikes as a result since this was not intentionally neglected. Our team will be better as a result of this, I can assure you.

For the harassment from Fanta - The harassment you received is unacceptable and will be dealt with. A warning has already been added to their account for harassment and a temporary ban will be placed for 1-week as a result of his actions on the server. 

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to hit my discord DMS. 

Again, thank you for posting this.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]