Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-29-2022
+1 from me, Salty is cool!
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
-1 i’m not sure how much sense this makes, but it’s what came to mind. if your discord helper applications were ban appeals, all of the responses on this thread would be saying “+1 with the condition that this is his last chance.” 
i don’t think a track record like that is a sign of a reliable staff member.
I like you dude, but I can't help but be massively skeptical of this given your history. It wasn't really that long ago since you bailed, again, on being staff. If it's not TTT, it was Discord, and now you're trying to go back again. I'm sorry, but I think for your OWN sake, you should swear off staffing for good. Just relax and have a good time without having to worry about any sort of responsibility for a while.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
Honestly not sure how I feel about this. You've come and gone consistently as a staff member. I'd say when you were staff you did an alright job from what I personally witnessed and I don't think anyone minds you helping out again but if you're going to keep resigning then what's the point of accepting you this time around? How many staff apps is this at this point?

We are not required to stay for any given time but clearly staffing for you doesn't seem to last as per burn out. What's different? You say you can manage it but you've said you can manage it before. There's no sense in overcommitting yourself to staffing if you're just going to get tired and hateful of how things get done. Not a whole lot has changed since you left as far as Dink's. 

What has you interested this time around? What's gonna be different this time around if anything? 

I'm purely just curious.

Like I said, I think you did alright before but at this point it's better to consider if this is right for you to do considering how it seems to affect you as a person. 

Just make sure to do what's best for yourself. I'm personally neutral atm.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Do you even actually want to be staff? Why? What reason? Because a good few times now, you've resigned due to being 'frustrated' with this, then come and say you don't 'foresee' being at that point anymore. I just think there's a temperament thing there that probably needs addressed. Give it awhile.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(10-29-2022, 04:26 PM)Ryzif. Wrote: What has you interested this time around? What's gonna be different this time around if anything? 

I'm purely just curious.

You, Reina and August all addressed the first critiqued that I had felt was going to be said.

Firstly, I had discussed with Bryan in private about a month ago that I was thinking of joining a staff. I was personally interested because of a private conversation I had with some others and I’m not going to go into detail of what was discussed, but some of the things said were what motivated me.

To answer your question of what would be different this time, I’d treat it like a hobby and not a job. My burnout stemmed from the mindset I approached it. Your concerns are legitimate because I typically have gotten burnt out within 2 months both times. Because I’m substantially busier than I usually am, I have my priorities with school and passing licensure requirements so I can do the career I love. I mention this because both times I was staff was during the summer when I had nothing going on, so I made it a “job” by becoming the only thing I was thinking about. 

This time, I fully understand and will treat it as a hobby; this would mean I wouldn’t try and “do everything” or “constantly monitor the discord” because then that isn’t a hobby, at least not me. I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t going to face the commitment/overcommitment argument and say it isn’t valid. It absolutely is a valid one.

I don’t necessarily agree with going as far as to compare my track record to unbans, but I definitely can see where Reina and others are coming from and think it’s a valid point to make. 

Again, sorry if the formatting is horrific, I’m on my phone.
you do resign and come back just as many others do, but even then you're still more than capable of being staff. I don't see any reason to deny you so long as you view this more like a hobby as you said above. resigning and coming back on discord is easy though in the sense that it isn't a hassle that relies on the Owner to remove your roles because any server admin can handle that. resigning and coming back is admittedly annoying for others, but I don't see what the harm is so long as the person was good staff. depending on your position I find it more reasonable to just resign instead of going inactive.

good luck +1
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
Yeah I'm gonna agree with what most have said here, I'm just worried if you get accepted you'll get burnt out again...but too fast? If that makes sens like I get people get tired and what not, but even me, I've been going through some complicated things irl but I'll just take a break for a month or week whatever I need, and then come back when ready.

I'll be honest, lately I've been thinking long and hard about resigning myself a few times, as each day goes with getting busy with work and other issues I've been dealing with, but I keep putting a fake smile basically and pushing forward as much as I can....but it's hard.

So i do get where you are coming from when you want to come back and or leave after,  because life is so up and down lately just can't catch up, but all that being said imma -1 for now.

Best of luck, and take care man!
[Image: titan.gif]
immm drunk but no

i will epxllain ehen im.sobe4
Hi Salty,

The posts in this thread provide some good insight as to why they would be skeptical on approving you for the discord staff team, as well as hesitation that you may resign again and come back reapplying for another staffing position. While I do think it's a good point to make, I would also want to make a point that, in my personal opinion, you are able to handle your own and keep a level head from meeting you and having a few experiences myself. I personally don't know you fully as much as I would like to, but I believe that you are able to take a step back if needed, re-evaluate your situation, and see what needs to be done. Whether that be needing to take a break or making sure to not lean towards biasy, I think you would fit well. I also have the same concerns as well that you may leave once again from being burnt out or angered, as well as biasy towards friends compared to regulars or new people. I believe that people can change and I believe that you have changed. I think that you could possibly keep a fair judgement and punishment for people whether you do not like or like them. I say that you should be given a chance, but also allow yourself to take breaks and talk about it with staff and make it just something of note that it isn't necessary but something you volunteer to do. Sort of like church, you aren't required to attend but it helps with being present getting to know and helping others. Probably a bad parallel but I hope you understand! :) 

As such, I give a plus +1. 

Good Luck Salty!