Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slurs
I am genuinely being honest about this I have never once heard this word I always used it as transmission for short. Call it ignorance or what ever you will I grew up in a rural area in Kentucky and never once heard this term maybe its because I was never exposed to this as a slur.
[Image: its-vodka-vodka.gif]
(10-31-2022, 05:40 PM)A Steel Waffle Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 05:36 PM)Deadpool Wrote: don't say the word, and if you say it you get gagged. All the specification you should need. Just think before you speak.
Here's the issue I have with this never in my life did I think that would even come close to being a slur word. I didn't make the connection until I searched it up feel free to call me ignorant but this is legitimately the first time I have heard this as a bad word on the server.
Well now you know. 

I don't think adding a list of slurs in the rules will do any good. It's not the server's or the rule's fault you don't know a fairly-popular slur. This is really just a simple situation that isn't the end of the world. Now you know not to say it and should move on. I hate the idea of making the rules pages longer for stuff like this. It brings no value to the rules, which is why no other TOS does it.
former admin2
(10-31-2022, 05:43 PM)coco?? Wrote: Have you really never heard that used as a slur before? Ok, if thats the case, now you know to not say it again. However, can you imagine if we didn't instantly gag/mute/warn people for slurs and left it up to intention and discretion. Everyone would be slurring, then claiming they 'meant it as something else' or 'didnt know what it meant'. It would just be a free pass to slur. If you really didn't know that word was a slur, then thats unfortunate and I'm sorry, but we have to punish slurs equally.
This is precisely the issue no one knows what's a slur to the mods and what isn't the very least that can be done is making it known as to what is and what isn't. I'm not going to lie I was legitimately pissed because no one knows what was a slur until someone is warned for it with the exception of the obvious 2.
this is why they are warnings and not instant bans! now you know, and now you won't do it again, which is how the system is supposed to work.

I too grew up in a very small town and didn't realize half the things I said with friends were offensive until I went to college. some here at dink's will cringe at this, but it's called being privileged, and just be happy you don't have to be on the receiving end of these slurs on a daily basis simply because you are born with a trait you cannot control, like race, nationality, gender dysphoria, etc.
[Image: unknown.png]

This is the ONLY definition I get when I google "Tranny meaning". It's a pretty popular slur. Don't know how you don't know it but I still believe you were talking about car stuff. Regardless, it's still a slur and it's insta warned like any other slur.
The issue isn't if you didn't know now you do the issue. The issue is that people are going to say something that isn't written in the MOTD. If it said something in the Motd it wouldn't have been said to begin with by someone who previously never heard this term.
you do this kind of thing with the n word on the discord server too, where you say a slur and then complain that there were repercussions and come up with an excuse. you need to just get over the fact that you can't say slurs, even if you've come up with 50 different reasons why you specifically should be allowed to get away with using them. the rules weren't changed the first time you complained, and they still won't be changed the 20th time you complain.

seriously dude, just get over it.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
You know "tranny" is considered a slur. Even if you haven't been reprimanded for using it before, you most certainly have seen people get warned for it. If we spelled out everything that isn't allowed in the rules, it'd be at least 40 pages long. That's why we have broader wording in the rules so that the message that specific rule is trying to convey can be understood without having to spell out everything that isn't allowed.
Informal meaning

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-31-2022, 06:04 PM)A Steel Waffle Wrote: Informal meaning
What's that article right below it?