Goose was banned?????
I've seen the children say worse shit -1 to those without humor
(10-31-2022, 07:10 PM)Battons Wrote: Gonna be real when I wrote that rule into the MOTD I never intended it to censor dark humor I just wanted to stop all the prop hunt jokes that were floating around at the time I made it. +1 for warn removal.
You didn't intend to censor (in this case) humor that includes pedophilia references, just pedophilic references to the PH server???

Please help me figure this out.

As for the request itself, no. You knew the subject matter wasn't appropriate or allowed on the server. You're a regular, someone who's spent 100+ hours on the server and should definitely know what is and isn't allowed. -1, you're lucky you only got a day tbh.
(10-31-2022, 07:22 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 07:10 PM)Battons Wrote: Gonna be real when I wrote that rule into the MOTD I never intended it to censor dark humor I just wanted to stop all the prop hunt jokes that were floating around at the time I made it. +1 for warn removal.
You didn't intend to censor (in this case) humor that includes pedophilia references, just pedophilic references to the PH server???

Please help me figure this out.

As for the request itself, no. You knew the subject matter wasn't appropriate or allowed on the server. You're a regular, someone who's spent 100+ hours on the server and should definitely know what is and isn't allowed. -1, you're lucky you only got a day tbh.
I think he's saying, with decent reason, that censoring jokes about specific people, or specific jokes, or offhand remarks are one thing. Censoring very well known jokes that everyone has already heard, that is actively making a joke out of the shitty organization that is the Catholic Church, is different.

I have no overall opinion and am entirely conflicted, because generally just that offhand priests and a rabbi joke, and those in that vein, don't seem to do much in harm, but I am entirely willing to admit I'm wrong in that as well, I've just never seen tangible harm in those jokes, but I'm sure it exists.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
I'd have to disagree with this, I don't think this kind of "dark humor" is acceptable under any circumstance not just the prop hunt jokes. It should be censored imo. That includes pedophilia references, even "jokes," or sexualization of minors. I think they're messed up and shouldn't be something that's allowed full stop. I think it also can create too many openings to abuse and creates very blurry lines. That's just what I think

as for request itself, I think it's pretty clear that this is sexualization/exploitation of minorsand you should know better.  just wait out the 24 hours, -1
this is a fairly common dark humor joke bc of the priest stuff, but unfortunately with our community I see why that would get you a warning. I'll -1 the ban just bc its for a day, but this couldn't have come at a worse time tbh because of your staff app. I also see where you're coming from though in terms of your thought process from what I'm reading so this is a fat rip and a mistake.
(10-31-2022, 07:36 PM)Gabe Wrote:
I'd have to disagree with this, I don't think this kind of "dark humor" is acceptable under any circumstance not just the prop hunt joke. It should be censored imo. That includes pedophilia references, even "jokes," or sexualization of minors. I think they're messed up and shouldn't be something that's allowed full stop. I think it also can create too many openings to abuse and creates very blurry lines. That's just what I think

as for request itself, I think it's pretty clear and you should know better.  just wait out the 24 hours, -1
Oh don't care about the 24 hour ban, it's part of the rules, but the current language in the rule is written as a targeting and grooming towards an individual. Battons himself wrote that's not what he meant when constructing it so the warning would imply I either used pedophilia language or intentual grooming to an individual
(10-31-2022, 07:50 PM)Anti-Semetic Goose Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 07:36 PM)Gabe Wrote:
I'd have to disagree with this, I don't think this kind of "dark humor" is acceptable under any circumstance not just the prop hunt joke. It should be censored imo. That includes pedophilia references, even "jokes," or sexualization of minors. I think they're messed up and shouldn't be something that's allowed full stop. I think it also can create too many openings to abuse and creates very blurry lines. That's just what I think

as for request itself, I think it's pretty clear and you should know better.  just wait out the 24 hours, -1
Oh don't care about the 24 hour ban, it's part of the rules, but the current language in the rule is written as a targeting and grooming towards an individual. Battons himself wrote that's not what he meant when constructing it so the warning would imply I either used pedophilia language or intentual grooming to an individual
I should've said warning too, my b. But I still think the warning shouldn't be removed. I get that Battons wrote it and has his own interpretation of it, I just highly disagree with that interpretation. I think the way the rule is written it can be enforced literally, and should when it comes to pedophilia/sexualizing minors. To me, I don't really see this as "dark humor." I see making pedophilic "jokes" and sexualizing minors as something that's highly inappropriate and fucked up. It shouldn't be something we should entertain, even as "dark humor." I think that creates too many avenues for it to be abused, creates blurred lines, different interpretations, and situations like this where we have to litigate whether this "joke" pushed the limit too far or not
I am going to say -1 because Goose honestly bro you should know better. I feel you are trying to justify that the joke was not that serious when in fact it was. That comment was too much and staff took the right precautions.
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
-1 seems like you need time to refresh your memory of the rules if you have a staff app out and yet don't get why you were punished for breaking one of the most strictly enforced rules in the community
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
-1 really out of left field with that joke with a staff app up as well, idk what the thought process was
[Image: Pwm9lAm.jpeg]
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat