Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord Moderator Abuse
(11-02-2022, 06:23 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: lets not make the thread about kaiwan's character or her history here bc it really isnt relevant
^^^^^

I don't think anyone else really has any evidence or anything further to present. I'll leave this open for a little while in case anyone else wants to give their opinions, but let's keep it guided towards the alleged staff abuse that was herein reported, and not towards the character of the reporter.

I'll be giving a response sometime tonight, anytime between 5 minutes from now and 12 hours from now.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
If your comments are inflammatory or off topic, I would encourage you to change and/or delete them now before members of the forum staff team go back and review them.

There's always some drama brewing with Kaiwan...

Just mute and move on. Stoked post some really good pictures on how to mute. Let me download unregistered hypercam2 and record a tutorial and see if that helps.
Ayo my reply got deleted?

Anyways, issues solved, dan got the strike, mistakes were acknoledge. We can shake hands now and close this thread.
[Image: unknown.png]
(11-02-2022, 05:07 PM)dong Wrote: I also do not see how being called a retard is harassment

How is it not? Retard is an insult. Just because people fling it around all the time doesn't change the fact that calling someone a retard falls under the rules against harassment. 

(11-02-2022, 06:23 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: lets not make the thread about kaiwan's character or her history here bc it really isnt relevant

A lot of these replies seem to be under the impression I'm asking for my warn to be removed. This isn't a strike/ban appeal, it is an abuse report. Foxka ingored what was said to me and only gave a warn to me after I shot back at the harassers. I had to go to another staff member to have anything done in regards to what was said to me. That is what this report is about, Foxka failing to handle the situation properly.
I don't care how you feel about me personally, but if you care about this community this should be an issue you don't want to see other people have to deal with.
iight seeing as much of this is likely to devolve into arguing and shitposting, I'm going to close this for now.
If you have further relevant information, such as evidence or commentary, you can DM me or edit prior posts on the thread.
Otherwise i'll respond later tonight.

Edit: Apparently yall may not be able to edit your past posts. Just DM me if you have further comments

Forgot to close this out... this is still a preliminary judgement as I want to give @KaptainLes a chance to review it when he returns from military deployment. If any change needs to occur, he will post an update at that time, but I'm going to archive this for now. Assume this is final unless updated.

First, some context. As discord staff, our goal is, above all, to maintain some semblance of sanity and decorum in the discord. This sometimes results in discord strikes, kicks, or bans to occur. Other times, this results in verbal warnings, timeouts, or chats being put into slow mode. At other times, conversation may simply be redirected. In this case, conversation was redirected, when perhaps a strike should also have been issued.
In the listed event, Foxka was responding to an argument and working to mitigate the overall decorum of discord. The strike issued to Kaiwan and ban issued to ExperienceOrb were appropriate and balanced per the individual's punishment histories and actions that night. That was not only not abuse, but that was proper discord staffing performed by Foxka.

As for the Dan comment, which is the basis of this abuse thread, the comment was inappropriate, and Dan was punished accordingly ultimately. Reina issued the strike to Dan, which was an appropriate strike - something that Dan recognizes. It isn't harassment - it is an insult. In our expanded rules, I provide the following definitions of various disrespectful behavior:
(02-17-2022, 03:22 PM)Jammin Wrote: RULE 5: Be respectful to your fellow gamers. This means:
a) Do not bully, insult, flame, or harass others.
  • Bullying is defined as seeking to harm, intimidate, or coerce another.
  • Insult is defined as an expression or statement intended to be excessively disrespectful or scornful.
  • Flaming is defined as the act of repeated and targeted insults towards an individual or group.
  • Harassment is defined as any repeated or continuing uninvited contact that serves no purpose beyond creating alarm, annoyance, emotional, or mental distress.
Regardless of whether it is an insult or harassment, the behavior and comment is considered a major violation of rule 5, which falls under the following punishment colloquy:
(02-17-2022, 03:22 PM)Jammin Wrote:
  1. Strike
  2. Kick
  3. 2-Week Ban
  4. Permanent Ban & Discord TNS Report Request
As such, Dan should have been issued a strike.
When I discussed the situation with Foxka, he admitted that he felt the comment was an insult, but didn't feel it was worthy of a strike. He felt no further action was necessary, which isn't abuse in his eyes.

My opinion is that further action was necessary, that Dan should have been stricken. At the time of the action, another staff member, Reina, internally called out Foxka for the comment and issued Dan the appropriate strike. The situation was handled internally, and resolved at the time.

As for whether this is abuse, I don't consider this abuse. Discord staff aren't expected to be perfect with each and every action, and this is in no way an abuse of a staff rank or power. This is at best a misunderstanding and at worst a poor judgement call on whether to issue a punishment or not.

While I don't condone foxka's decision to not issue punishment, the situation was rectified at the time. No abuse occurred. Having a poor judgement call is not abuse, it is something that perhaps should be officially reported instead. In the future, I encourage anyone who thinks a comment was not punished or underpunished to file a report on the forums under our discord reports section (here).

Taking no action as there's no abuse to act on. This is a minor situation that was handled long before this thread was made, that was blown way out of proportion. I'd encourage this subforum be used to report actual staff abuse, and the discord reports subforum (or the tickets system that will be implemented soon) to report comments that you don't believe were punished properly.