Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back special rounds
We should definetly bring back special rounds, most people that play nowdays dont remember them, but they were a funny thing that happened in every map after a certain number of rounds, plus they were very different from eachother, and it was a sort of "relief" after a long regular round.

One thing is, I cant recall if they were only activated when a staff member was on, or if they were voted upon, but I do remember some of the rounds, such as one in the chamber, arpoon wars, team deadmatch, reapers, and such 

Ty for ur time, love yall

I miss forcing inverted, upside down, and sideways special rounds when I was admin

but yeaaa special rounds were fun and if they aren't all broken I think it would be fun to readd
They were voted on. I believe the command was !srv and once enough people voted for a special round, the trash commenced.

Special rounds were awful, not fun, often broken, terrible, wastes of time. So much so that I had more fun not playing in them than playing. I know that I'm probably in the minority opinion here (as I often am), but I hate special rounds with a burning passion.

I'm sure they'll be brought back though so this post means absolutely nothing and I'm ranting to no one
(11-07-2022, 11:07 AM)EpicGuy Wrote: Special rounds were awful, not fun, often broken, terrible, wastes of time. So much so that I had more fun not playing in them than playing. I know that I'm probably in the minority opinion here (as I often am), but I hate special rounds with a burning passion.

This is disappointing to hear. I wasn't around when special rounds were a thing here but I know they can be a lot of fun. Since many of them were broken, does it strike you as something that we could just do better? Chibill and I have a lot of prospective changes we're working on but I don't see why this couldn't be something to add to the list. If we can make special rounds fun and not broken, I think it could be a cool addition.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(11-07-2022, 11:07 AM)EpicGuy Wrote: They were voted on. I believe the command was !srv and once enough people voted for a special round, the trash commenced.

Special rounds were awful, not fun, often broken, terrible, wastes of time. So much so that I had more fun not playing in them than playing. I know that I'm probably in the minority opinion here (as I often am), but I hate special rounds with a burning passion.

I'm sure they'll be brought back though so this post means absolutely nothing and I'm ranting to no one
Why do you consider they were not "fun"? taking into account they were an optional change of pace/dinamic from the regular matches

(11-07-2022, 11:15 AM)Ryan722 Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 11:07 AM)EpicGuy Wrote: Special rounds were awful, not fun, often broken, terrible, wastes of time. So much so that I had more fun not playing in them than playing. I know that I'm probably in the minority opinion here (as I often am), but I hate special rounds with a burning passion.

This is disappointing to hear. I wasn't around when special rounds were a thing here but I know they can be a lot of fun. Since many of them were broken, does it strike you as something that we could just do better? Chibill and I have a lot of prospective changes we're working on but I don't see why this couldn't be something to add to the list. If we can make special rounds fun and not broken, I think it could be a cool addition.
Heck yeh, I upvote this idea, would love to see them make a comeback
I personally liked special rounds, one in the chamber, headshot only, and infected we’re basically the only good ones. Admins forcing the screen flip bullshit every other round shoulda been banned. Also the team death match ones would crash the server. I think if special rounds were to be added again it would have to be last round of a map so that it’s least likely to break anything
(11-07-2022, 11:15 AM)Ryan722 Wrote: This is disappointing to hear. I wasn't around when special rounds were a thing here but I know they can be a lot of fun. Since many of them were broken, does it strike you as something that we could just do better? Chibill and I have a lot of prospective changes we're working on but I don't see why this couldn't be something to add to the list. If we can make special rounds fun and not broken, I think it could be a cool addition.
I'm not sure if it was the mod/code running that was broken or just the implementation of the special rounds that was broken. I'm sure you and Chibill can take a look at the code and fix the majority of the problems. You guys have fixed a lot of stuff on the server (thank you kindly). Like MiniMe said, there were a few...respected members of the community who would force special rounds and that wasn't enjoyable in the slightest. I would disable that if possible.
I liked special rounds. Infected was fun.
aughhh

[Image: IMG_8847.jpg]
(11-07-2022, 11:20 AM)Cimag Wrote: Why do you consider they were not "fun"? taking into account they were an optional change of pace/dinamic from the regular matches

I hate most things. I prefer (most) of my gaming experiences to be as close to vanilla as possible, but I know that I am probably the only person who thinks this way. Special rounds aren't TTT. I'm here to play TTT. Special rounds are stupid (to me)

I know that people liked special rounds and I'm not going to ardently fight against them being added again. I'll just complain in silence (and sometimes publicly) :)
(11-07-2022, 11:38 AM)EpicGuy Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 11:20 AM)Cimag Wrote: Why do you consider they were not "fun"? taking into account they were an optional change of pace/dinamic from the regular matches

I hate most things. I prefer (most) of my gaming experiences to be as close to vanilla as possible, but I know that I am probably the only person who thinks this way. Special rounds aren't TTT. I'm here to play TTT. Special rounds are stupid (to me)

I know that people liked special rounds and I'm not going to ardently fight against them being added again. I'll just complain in silence (and sometimes publicly) :)
Comprehensible, thanks 4 the answer! I do understand they are a whole different thing than what people expect when joining a TTT match