Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corrily Donor abuse
(11-09-2022, 07:53 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: also also, the evidence showing why the person was gagged here is right there
It doesn't show any warning given to the player before the gag was issued so it will depend if more context of what actually happened is shown.
[Image: unknown.png]
As Wilfry sad, there is no evidence of this player getting a warning before the gag was issued, nor is there that much evidence of a higher staff member being on. All we have to go on is a 6 second clip of the gag happening. Given Corrilys' history, i'm leaning to abuse, but there just isn't enough for it to stick.

-1 on punishment for now, but could change if more evidence is brought to light.
LET ME IN.
[Image: The_Fiend_2.jpg]
Wow. People really out here just mad that he can type faster. If you were all going to do the same thing, and with the same result, someone else does it.. why does it matter? What is the point of making a thread on the forums for this? What does this accomplish? Who does this benefit? Did they do anything actually wrong or actually abuse their powers? Did anyone ask if they checked if staff were online? I would forget who's who or not bother to check if there's more than twenty people on a list. And I'll be honest, the "no doing x while staff online" rule is kinda dumb. And this report is kinda cringe, and so is OP for doing this tattle tale nonsense instead of an actual abuse report.
So despite the fact I gave the kid verbal warnings and posted my motd message and asked Loki to do some multiple times I'm in the wrong for actually doing anything when he either couldnt or wouldn't.....
It is a little silly to base an entire report on 6 seconds of evidence with lackluster context, an ABUSE report as well. This felt snipped in hopes of skewing the end result. In my opinion, something as serious as this could use more context in which seemed to be lacking here. Personally, I've experienced the same ordeal of a staff member (including trusted) coming online and ignoring user requests to solve a situation. (Which I have reported at discretion to higher staff.)

I'm not sure why this is a big deal as the end result was going to be the same either way. Had Loki not wished to gag the player and Corrily continued to do so would be more of an issue than what is presented here. Corrilly had no ill intent other than to help. Again, something like this needs more context.
Full context:

I just got in Prop Hunt and already had people being ignorant on the mic about 5 or so minutes in. I usually am lenient and give 2 or so warnings before I gag them because sometimes (very rarely but it does happen) they will stop. They stopped for a very short period and then started up again. I read and keep an eye on chat as well as the mic to see if everybody is minding their P's and Q's. Connor was on when I got on but kicked himself and left right before everything went down. Corrily, said, and I quote, "Connor, if you don't do something then I will." I then told him that Connor left and then he said not too long after that, "oh, Connor left, Loki then" referring to the above message of, "if you don't do something then I will."  They said something else in the mic and I decided to go ahead and gag them because they were just being really ignorant. As I went to gag them, Corrily gagged them seconds before I did as you saw in the clip.

Now, I have no problem with you Corrily. None. The thing that I didn't like was the fact that you did NOT post the MOTD like you said you did. I reviewed the video footage. I might be a little slow on the uptake of punishing people but the fact is that I give people chances to calm down. I probably should have punished them a bit sooner but I also like to do that to give them enough rope to hang themselves if they ever come back and try to lie to get out of a punishment. Clear cut evidence.

The fact that you didn't post the MOTD like you said you did and took in to your own hands to be a admin when you are not one was bad. You are NOT a admin. The rules state that if an admin is on then you do not use your donor powers. I wouldn't even had made the report if you took 5 seconds to message me about it before or after the fact about gagging them but you didn't. You went above someone's head. *I* didn't make the rules but it is in the rules. Saying that it's a "stupid rule" doesn't negate the fact that it's a rule. 

I also, did not like that you said, "If you don't do something then I will". That is not asking. That is a threat.

I will be posting the footage from that night as soon as I upload it in full for context as well.

[Image: b_560x95.png]
Corrilly. I know you are probably really upset with this whole thing "bah bah bah, small thing ", probably to you.
except that, it is not. In the PH staff player listings, you have shown up over 10 times, over twice for using commands when staff are online. In just about every video I have where there is a problem and you on (and staff, me), you without fail, end up acting like staff. Problem is, Staff is/was already there!

See, problem is, if you don't give people the chance to calm down, and you poke it like a hornets nest, you get a swarm of angry stings. you gotta let it cool down

So, when I say the following Corrilly, please dont take it the wrong way. I really WANT you to improve. I really do. But I think you need either a break, or you need the lack of ability to stick yourself into trouble. Because from everything I have seen playing with you, you always end up jumping straight into trouble. And while I am not really a fan of taking donor away, it may eventually be where we are at. So in order to avoid that, I would highly recommend you take some time away to cool your jets.

+1 to warn with this being the final line in the sand.
+0 to full removal. It's not really a super serious offence like kicking staff. But If I had a nickel for every time you've been in the report section of the forums, I would have two nickels.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
“I have no problem with you!”
>posts an abuse thread for him gagging a micspammer

(11-10-2022, 04:56 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: See, problem is, if you don't give people the chance to calm down, and you poke it like a hornets nest, you get a swarm of angry stings.

So, when I say the following Corrilly, please dont take it the wrong way. I really WANT you to improve. I really do. But I think you need either a break, or you need the lack of ability to stick yourself into trouble. Because from everything I have seen playing with you, you always end up jumping straight into trouble. And while I am not really a fan of taking donor away, it may eventually be where we are at. So in order to avoid that, I would highly recommend you take some time away to cool your jets.

+1 to warn with this being the final line in the sand.

Talk about stirring up the hornets nest. You guys are willing to consider taking away donor because he gagged a micspammer?

I don’t think people know what actual abuse is. This isn’t it. Posting a 6 second, obviously skewed video, does not count as evidence
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(11-09-2022, 08:13 PM)Reina Wrote: i agree with issuing a strike. if loki didn’t ask for help, then a donor shouldn’t be taking it into their own hands to moderate the server while there’s staff on it. it may have been an appropriate mute, but his role is “donor”, not “staff assistant”.

With this logic, Damien should've been been given multiple strikes, lost donor, and maybe even been banned a LONG TIME AGO considering how he would always get to gagging people before others and trying to help out with rules (I swear that fucker had it or still has it as a bind).

This is about the PH donor named Corrily, so I'll keep the rest of my post on topic:

Typically, I think that if a donor is quicker to gagging someone, that isn't an issue. It's not as if this is something that is done with the purpose of undermining the PH staff team, this is Corrily trying to keep the peace on the server. 

A six second video and then an essay posted in a large font that is jarring to the eyes is not enough for me to say "yeahhh this was totally abuse." 

-1 for strike/removal of powers.

+1 for a warning, but nothing more.

Sure, the admins could give Corrily a warning based on the attitude demonstrated with it, but I don't think a strike is appropriate here. I am aware this individual has a thread made about him already, but this just seems like something silly and blown out of proportion.
How other staff members and other servers handle things when donors overstep is beyond my worries. I could definitely touch on the specific situation that you are comparing Salty but it's outside my realm and pointless to bring up. I will simply say that the staff members affected didn't feel the need to make the threads. 

A decision isn't going to be made until there is full video/context.

Should Corrilly have provided a gag? No but it's a 6 second video that zooms in on a gag. 

Gagging while staff on isn't something that should be conducted on PH due to our guidelines and the stepping on toes of staff members but I still like to have all the angles. Once evidence is posted in full a decision will be made by the Admin Team.

Context will weigh how far action needs to be taken.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]