Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jax unban
(11-17-2022, 04:23 PM)breece (2) Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 04:09 PM)Reina Wrote: -1 to an unban, the video was detailed enough for me to see a splatter and i was genuinely distraught after watching it. most of the people +1ing without having been sent the video by jax when i was the only person who had to see it before it was deleted are only doing so because they like jax. i like jax too, but anyone else would’ve remained permanently banned after posting that.

We have people who have been perma banned and/or banned 5 or more times and still get unbanned (who you have +1ed) so I'm not sure how true "anyone else would’ve remained permanently banned after posting that." is. I've never been permabanned, and the only time I was ever banned was because I forgot to appeal 10 month old strikes.

I appreciate the response, and I'm sorry you were distraught over the video. You're entitled to your -1 but I would just like to point out you just supported someone's unban who was permanently banned for NSFW content as well, on their like 5th ban appeal. It doesn't seem very consistent, and I'm curious why you drew the line here. 

breaking TOS by posting a video of JFK being shot in the head is very different from saying the n word soft-a too many times or starting arguments. i +1 other appeals because i think that type of behavior is often only deserving of a short ban.
For the record this ban is technically a strike accumulation but should have been a permanent ban for violating discord ToS about posting gore
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Sorry jax but I specifically have decided that I don’t like your humor -1.
Lol I’ve seen so much worse in the live leak era of the internet that a video you’d watch in history class has nothing on. +1 for unban with maybe a warning or two attached for a while.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
yeah bro who cares if it violates discord tos and can get us in real trouble if we allow it, i personally have seen worse things so we should look over it

real shit tho, i can support a reduction but not an outright unban bc u should definitely know better
-1 full unban but it should be redacted to like a week max. I feel like everyone has seen the jfk assassination at some point in their life but regardless he broke a rule and should be banned but no perma. +1 reduction
[Image: 46713d688f8087b1f2d3b92a79d7afea.png]

Future owner  :D
(11-17-2022, 05:00 PM)Foxka Wrote: For the record this ban is technically a strike accumulation but should have been a permanent ban for violating discord ToS about posting gore
Just clarifying, this was actually a straight ban due to the content posted, not a ban based on strikes.(As was clarified in staff disc)
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I'm in favor for a reduction to 1-2 weeks, but not a full unban.
+1 for reduction. video is gory and sad, but it is shown in USA history classes. he should’ve known better, but doesn’t seem right to keep him perma. violated discord ToS and was swiftly deleted, so no real damage was done to the server in terms of reporting.
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
+1 Don't any of you guys make me have to go on the forums again
for those saying “this was shown in history class”, luckily there were no k-12 schools showing an up-close video of the actual gore. this was not a video showing a figure of a man being shot from 20 yards away. the video was clearly made to be upsetting, and regardless of how desensitized you yourself are to that kind of content, it’s still a very obvious violation of discord’s community guidelines. you are not the only person who will see that video, so your personal feelings about the type of content it is showing don’t affect the severity of the violation.

changing my vote to a +1 for a reduction to 1-2 weeks, though.