Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hong Resignation
ok so to preface the main part
-1, needs to wait, i tend to just have a general view of "no controversies or whatever between two staff apps unless its a long time between the two" policy, unless the controversy is 100% stupid, so that, and theres kind of an underlying one that makes it just make more sense to wait rn

but
i dont want details, just a yes or a no, is there actual evidence of him over-slaying/over-warning/making a ban request that wasn't warranted in the last 2 months more than maybe once, to establish a pattern? if not, the karma thing doesn't bother me whatsoever, as attempts to overpunish recently aren't documented, but ofc if there are bigger -1

as for the whole personality thing bc yall are weird, thats mainly just spats between two groups of people that holds little weight here, every sub-discord either ends in a fight or an echo chamber of circle jerking which is what this really boils down to, no real bearing on this, half of the staff members overall have been at some point a carbon copy of someone else they were kissing up to, it's whatever
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(12-04-2022, 09:37 PM)Birddog6 Wrote: To the anonymous member:

What???? What evidence? What context? What instance? I hate these kind of sweeping, over generalized and obviously embellished statements people make on these apps. Either you provide some context for your grievance or some proof or honestly you're a fucking moron and not helping.

Also Damien's a good kid, stay golden ponyboy.

+1
I feel like he's not old enough to know that reference. -1
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
(12-05-2022, 10:35 PM)do re mi fa so la ti cock Wrote: -snip-

For the things I listed, I was asked to share that I did send some video/screenshots over to an admin around Thanksgiving because the things I saw hit major red flags at the time and I was receiving dms/complaints about Damien's actions and behaviour on the server while I was on with him.  What the admins chose to do with that information is up to them, and those that perceived it as a joke I addressed that in my comment in this thread (not everyone takes it as a joke).

*edited to fix my terrible grammar*
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
ok, i will not shitpost for once:

(12-05-2022, 10:35 PM)do re mi fa so la ti cock Wrote: -1, needs to wait, i tend to just have a general view of "no controversies or whatever between two staff apps unless its a long time between the two" policy, unless the controversy is 100% stupid, so that, and theres kind of an underlying one that makes it just make more sense to wait rn

but
i dont want details, just a yes or a no, is there actual evidence of him over-slaying/over-warning/making a ban request that wasn't warranted in the last 2 months more than maybe once, to establish a pattern? if not, the karma thing doesn't bother me whatsoever, as attempts to overpunish recently aren't documented, but ofc if there are bigger -1

as for the whole personality thing bc yall are weird, thats mainly just spats between two groups of people that holds little weight here, every sub-discord either ends in a fight or an echo chamber of circle jerking which is what this really boils down to, no real bearing on this, half of the staff members overall have been at some point a carbon copy of someone else they were kissing up to, it's whatever

Thanks for doing all the writing Rand! +0

P.s.
To add on to what Rand said, many others, myself included, have acted like or wanted to act like someone they looked up too. It's not an outlandish idea. I basically grew up on the server. Constantly changing my personaility and beliefs depending on the thoughts and opinions of people like Dakody, Scoovie, Christian, and even the man himself: Rippe. Though I regret most of it, it didn't effect my performance as staff, nor do I think it affects Damien's.

I think most of the concern here are understandable "staffing-wise", hence my vote.
former admin2
My opinion closely aligns with rands, and I'm tired and crabby so I won't post a book.

For the reasons Rand brings up I'm neutral to t-mod. I'd like to see a bit more time at trusted before advocating for promotion.

But I'm also as dead as Nick Saban's hopes and dreams so I won't oppose promotion either.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
+1 I don't even have to play to know he's qualified
Jack of some traits, Master of none
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
I normally hate Mehicans, but this one sang Gasolina for me when I was Guest.

+1
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
(12-05-2022, 11:07 PM)misstie6731 Wrote: I feel like he's not old enough to know that reference. -1
I had to read the outsiders for english in 7th grade and we also watched the movie too so I know the reference.  Blush
Damien,

Let me start by addressing a couple of your strengths and areas of improvement as a staff member that I've noticed:

STRENGTHS:
  • Extremely active; whether people like you or despise you, nobody can deny you're an incredibly active member on the staff team and in this community.
  • Your ability to work with your colleagues on the team is good. I have heard/seen you asking questions to other staff members about situations such as "do I slay here or should I leave it as is" rather than making an assumption if you are unsure. That's a good trait to have.
AREAS OF IMPROVEMENT:
  • I feel personally that you feed into trolls too much. I'll give more information/context and provide an example of what I am talking about later on.
  • Sort of tying in with the first comment, you struggle sometimes with picking which battles are worth fighting and which aren't. Sometimes it can seem that you care more about getting the last word in rather than who's right.

With the feeding/inciting trolls, here is an example of what I am talking about.

For context, I have a bind set as my I key to say the "good golley" bit thing and I had just gotten off of Starbound where my inventory key is I. I had a brain fart and hit the I key instead of F3 to check my inventory and didn't realize it said that until I saw you say "Shut up, Salty." That was a completely warranted response and that is not what the issue is; my issue lies with the second comment you said after I had said it was a bind.

In your defense however, it can easily be argued that I was trying to instigate a reaction out of you and even if that wasn't my intention at all, it ultimately is what transpired; please understand that I am not trying to say I was a victim in this situation in any way shape or form. What I am trying to say is that this kind of comment came across as you trying to instigate something with me, and that's not something staff should be doing.  I only am bringing this up not because I am trying to resurface "internet beef" (I don't even remember what happened other than I know we were saying stupid shit to each other and got carried away) but because it is an area of concern.

I think that if you are given more time to develop some understanding of when to react and when to ignore things that are said, you'll be a good T-Mod. 

I'll give you some advice; whether you take it or not is entirely your call, I just wanted to provide some insight.

1. Pick and Choose your battles. Not everything is worth fighting over or even worth your energy.
  2. Continue asking questions and growing as a team member.

As I had already explained before I edited this message, I am going to be giving you a -1 because I feel you need more time to develop but you are on the right track. I will say you are substantially more tolerable to be around when you're staffing this go around compared to the first time you were staff. I feel a lot of that has to do with the fact that you were given a proper welcome this time around instead of the disgusting mess that was the first tenure.

Best of luck to you, Damien.
title -1. grow up (actual advice). -1.