Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
???
(11-22-2022, 12:34 PM)Jammin Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 11:46 AM)Ryan722 Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 11:25 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote: I personally don't see this as a major issue. Discord does give you the option to see the messages of someone you have blocked. I can live with seeing the messages of people I don't want anything to do with if it means I can staff better.

Ah I didn't know this, ty :) Edited my message to reflect
Just clarifying, this is not something I have as a rule right now. we don't have a large staff team, but even within our staff team, we sometimes delegate someone else when one of my team members has conflict of interest.
Hasn't happened in a while though
can confirm from my own experience :) also yeah discord blocking ability is awful and doesn't really do anything except prevent DMs. Will post here later with my thoughts on the app tho
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(11-22-2022, 01:36 PM)Damien Wrote: Yes, every single staff member should have the same thoughts as eachother and have the same opinions and never have the right to express their own opinions of people. It seems like everyone wants a hivemind staff team and I'm all for it guys!

This is such a straw man and is really serves no purpose.. You’re staff, you should start acting like it and stop posting comments that serve no other purpose than to be righteously sarcastic. Jammin / Gabe have told people to stay on topic and keep the comments specific to Laced’s application. 

As for the application itself, I have seen a degree of lack of accountability by Laced (or rather, what appears to be lack of accountability) There are times where he frames his arguments as “well *obviously* I’m gonna talk down to that person, their argument is stupid!” Even looking at some of these replies, the “I only do that to really dumb arguments!” isn’t something that I think a staff should be saying.

As a non-staff it’s definitely okay to frame questions like that, because there are no expectations of professionalism. 

Anyways, it’s not enough for me to -1 so still neutral on it. Sure he would do fine, just something I felt needed to be said.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(11-22-2022, 02:06 PM)breece (2) Wrote: As for the application itself, I have seen a degree of lack of accountability by Laced (or rather, what appears to be lack of accountability) There are times where he frames his arguments as “well *obviously* I’m gonna talk down to that person, their argument is stupid!” Even looking at some of these replies, the “I only do that to really dumb arguments!” isn’t something that I think a staff should be saying.

As a non-staff it’s definitely okay to frame questions like that, because there are no expectations of professionalism. 

Anyways, it’s not enough for me to -1 so still neutral on it. Sure he would do fine, just something I felt needed to be said.

That's completely fair. I've never claimed I was completely in the right, just sort of giving an explanation for why I respond to things the way I do.

I don't see the staff expectations the same way everybody else does though, I think it's okay to not be really professional as long as you're not downright toxic. We're talking about a gmod community discord server, not CEO of a big company, y'know?

I get what you're saying and I'll definitely take it into account when responding to things from now on. Thanks for the actual constructive criticism.
I agree with some of the criticisms that Breece gave but I also believe that Laced has become a good addition to the TTT staff team and the things that were addressed can be changed. I am +1ing as I believe Laced can do the job effortlessly and I hope to see you work on some of the things that were actual good constructive criticisms.
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
+0. Valid criticisms are here as well as the fact I personally think he’d do fine. That being said, he is an objectively controversial figure. Doesn’t mean he chose to be or it’s his fault, but he is and in terms of a platform of relatively open dialogue that may cause divisiveness. Just something I see happening even if I have no problems specifically with it
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
+1 to Discord staff they can always use an extra hand until they have too many people which I doubt will ever happen so I say give him a chance to show how boss he is at staffing
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
bump
I would agree with Jax on his point.  I think that that type of action, while not ideal for a server staff member, is ok because for the most part the rules are very rarely opinion based. I’m worried it would become an issue in discord where it is, for the most part, conversation based (barring unfortunate JFK memes) and where putting someone’s argument down as dumb instead of taking the time to work through why or how you disagree would cause more problems than it would fix. +0 (leaning towards -1 since it has been a consistent issue)
While I think laced is a great TTT staff member, I personally can't support this app at this time. Laced, unfortunately i am concerned with how different staffing discord will be compared to how we can behave on ttt. Joking around and sarcasm are fine in voice and such but I'm worried thr abraisiveness you usually display will be counter productive in the wider aspect of the dinklecord. I'm sure you will change my mind in the future, but for sake of transparency I will say not right now.

Thank you for applying and happy Thanksgiving!
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
-1 echoing abrasiveness + general personality comments

i feel like you think you always have to get the last word in too unfortunately, i like you as a person and think you fit in for ttt but not so much discord