Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first try
please people snip ur fucking replies or i will start posting about baller
(11-27-2022, 09:48 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: please people snip ur fucking replies or i will start posting about baller
idk how to get rid of the old quote boxes without breaking everything
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
ckg stop making this 20 pages long challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)
personal bias personal bias personal bias personal bias personal bias personal bias personal bias personal bias personal bias personal bias personal bias personal
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(11-27-2022, 09:14 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: Again, it's a situation I brought up as a direct comparison to what I was being accused of, which is extremely relevant as it was an example of the normal accepted behavior of staff. It's not a "dick measuring contest", it's comparing the accused behavior to the norms of the server.

Yes, it's about me and my actions, but those actions do not happen in a vacuum. It's not about making anyone look "worse", it's about the precedent set by the actions of others, both within the larger scale of the server's norms and between specific people. Examples are not given to make someone look bad, but to show that something I am accused of is within the accepted norms of the server and how other staff behave on a regular basis in comparison to what I'm accused of, or to show context that was left out of the accusation. You are entirely trying to twist this into something it isn't.

Once again, I observably have taken criticism when it's honest and constructive. But again, I am within my right to show how my actions compare to those of existing staff and the norms of the server set by them.

At no point in this thread or the last have I mentioned anyone else not deserving their position. Every single example I've given regarding other staff is to illustrate behavior that is common amongst staff, with no further comment other than how my actions fare in comparison. Any inference you've made beyond that is your own.

"From what I have seen you tend to start problems with other members and insert yourself in situations that have nothing to do with you. It is just what I have seen when I am on with you. I feel you need to chill out and instead of causing the issues just don’t start them."
This is what Skullfire said. This is a legitimate concern that he has brought up.

"It was simply one of many examples of staff behaving in a way that I feel goes beyond how I behave on the server."
This is you comparing, or as to use my terminology the "dick-measuring".

Just because you are within your rights does not mean it is an appropriate thing to bring up and argue about on a staff app.  The actions of other staff is NOT what you are judged, your own actions are.  You can compare all you want but it does not make it relevant or proper for the discussion.  What is important in determining the conduct of a staff member is not how other staff members act but the staff guidelines. You're trying to apply a "well they did this so I should be allowed to as well" way of thinking to your arguments, which is not productive at all.  This is why I say you are attacking people, because you shift the focus off of your actions and onto theirs.  You seem to think that it is the right thing to do on an app to see how your actions compare to other staff; you are wrong. If you think staff are acting improperly then make a different thread to discuss it, don't use this one.

When Skullfire said: "I got nothing really recent (meaning the past week or 2) as I have not been able to play as much due to a move but besides that whatever others have done really have nothing to do with this app. ", you could have easily just replied: "that because there are no recent incidents," thereby addressing his concerns and ending that thread quickly and easily.  But you didn't do that, you thought it was more appropriate to start a comparison between you and some staff members saying "but what they did is worse" rather than addressing the concerns that Skullfire brought up in the first place. 

You had 2 options and you chose the one that would lead to more conflict, more "comparison", and more strife.  This is why I am saying you are not fit to staff, because when push comes to shove you will pick the option that will cause more shit so that you in "comparison" might look better than those you are opposed to.
(11-27-2022, 10:21 PM)Ckg Wrote: "From what I have seen you tend to start problems with other members and insert yourself in situations that have nothing to do with you. It is just what I have seen when I am on with you. I feel you need to chill out and instead of causing the issues just don’t start them."
This is what Skullfire said. This is a legitimate concern that he has brought up.

"It was simply one of many examples of staff behaving in a way that I feel goes beyond how I behave on the server."
This is you comparing, or as to use my terminology the "dick-measuring".

Just because you are within your rights does not mean it is an appropriate thing to bring up and argue about on a staff app.  The actions of other staff is NOT what you are judged, your own actions are. You can compare all you want but it does not make it relevant or proper for the discussion.  What is important in determining the conduct of a staff member is not how other staff members act but the staff guidelines. You're trying to apply a "well they did this so I should be allowed to as well" way of thinking to your arguments, which is not productive at all.  This is why I say you are attacking people, because you shift the focus off of your actions and onto theirs.  You seem to think that it is the right thing to do on an app to see how your actions compare to other staff; you are wrong. If you think staff are acting improperly then make a different thread to discuss it, don't use this one.

When Skullfire said: "I got nothing really recent (meaning the past week or 2) as I have not been able to play as much due to a move but besides that whatever others have done really have nothing to do with this app. ", you could have easily just replied: "that because there are no recent incidents," thereby addressing his concerns and ending that thread quickly and easily.  But you didn't do that, you thought it was more appropriate to start a comparison between you and some staff members saying "but what they did is worse" rather than addressing the concerns that Skullfire brought up in the first place. 

You had 2 options and you chose the one that would lead to more conflict, more "comparison", and more strife.  This is why I am saying you are not fit to staff, because when push comes to shove you will pick the option that will cause more shit so that you in "comparison" might look better than those you are opposed to.
Yes, it is appropriate to compare accused actions to the server norms set by the actions of current staff. There is nothing in the staff guidelines about shitposting and making jokes, which is the only remotely applicable thing I've done on the server to what skullfire accused me of. If an action is normal and accepted for existing staff, then an equal or lesser action that does not break any rule or guideline should not be a disqualifier for applications. I'm not shifting anything off of my actions, I'm placing my actions within the context of the server's norms. Again, at no point have I made the discussion about whether other staff are acting improperly, only how my actions on the server are equal to or lesser than those actions in scale. Your inferences are your own.

I had already pointed out that I had no recent issues on the server. And I had already made the comparison before the post you mentioned, which I made in the first place because it was relevant to the only possible "issues" he could have be referring to and (ironically) I wanted to save some back and forth by covering all bases in the first response. My post after that elaborated on the comparison and provided evidence of the mentioned example having occurred, and the two after that (the latter of which was not made toward skullfire) clearing up misinformation/confusion, at which point I dropped the topic as it was derailing against my intentions.
bump
(11-27-2022, 11:06 PM)Icey Wrote: bump
thanks
bunp
bump