Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first try
(11-27-2022, 02:44 PM)Ckg Wrote: Can't comment for behavior on server, and don't really care about discord actions.  But, I think what Skullfire brought up is an important point.  A good amount of your responses in this thread cross the threshold of what could be reasonably argued as defending yourself.  It seems like any time you get called out on something you do defend yourself, but then you also get into petty dick-measuring contests whenever you can.  For example, instead of defending yourself against Skullfire you instead chose to attack him and then spent 90% of the interaction going after him.  Then there was Quantum who you couldn't resist getting a little dig in at in your response when you said: " I barely see you on the server so I thought you were another donor at the time as no warning was given to the micspammer."  You enjoy starting fights/belittling people and are unable to take criticism without dishing it back towards the person who voiced their concerns in an inappropriate manner.  I do not think you will be able to effectively staff until you can get that under control, since you will inevitably face a lot of criticism, much more than you do now as a regular player.

Like I mentioned before, they aren't digs at anyone, they're just examples and context. I've already explained the first, and the second wasn't to belittle quantum but to explain why I hadn't recognized him as staff. Didn't even say he was never on, just that I hadn't personally seen him much.
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
+0,, nobody knows when youre joking and serious due to ur general demeanor

lots of unnecessarily long comments on this post, the only reason im not +1 is bc kaiwan is right, you seem very impatient and would deal with situations too swift sometimes

ur getting better tho

also unfortunately, lots of hypocrites in here with regards to ur jokes etc, just gotta learn to be careful to whom you pick to joke w bc a lot of ppl on here will do shit like slur in pm then warn you when you slur in theirs (analogy to these jokes)
(11-27-2022, 03:14 PM)voidzz Wrote: +0,, nobody knows when youre joking and serious due to ur general demeanor

lots of unnecessarily long comments on this post, the only reason im not +1 is bc kaiwan is right, you seem very impatient and would deal with situations too swift sometimes

ur getting better tho

also unfortunately, lots of hypocrites in here with regards to ur jokes etc, just gotta learn to be careful to whom you pick to joke w bc a lot of ppl on here will do shit like slur in pm then warn you when you slur in theirs (analogy to these jokes)
I will use tone indicators from now on to avoid any confusion. /srs
(11-27-2022, 03:05 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 02:44 PM)Ckg Wrote: *snip*
Like I mentioned before, they aren't digs at anyone, they're just examples and context. 

Except they are and the fact you aren't willing to admit and instead would rather dig your head deeper in the sand shows that you aren't ready for staffing.  Just look at birddog, it took you 4 replies to say sorry and admit that you were wrong and apologize. In fact, I suspect you don't actually care and just apologized so it would look good because you then went after him again in his response to Cimag, trying to equate you wishing death on his kid, a directed attack, to him joking about killing people in general, which, apart from being just a false equivalency, shows you didn't actually learn from what was said.

Then look at Skullfire, you took 1 reply before you brought up Kaiwan in an attempt to make Skullfire look bad. It is a thread about you not him, you spent 1.5 replies defending yourself and 4.5 attacking Skullfire and other staff members. You brought up a completely irrelevant event that is a discussion for another thread in an attempt to malign the characters of those who don't agree with you.  That is not defending yourself, that is attacking other members of the community and you know that, and if not then it just brings forward more character issues of not being self-aware enough to realize when you are attacking which, if you get staff, will cause more harm than good. I seriously wonder if anyone continuing to give you a +1 after is able to look past their friendship with you and their desire to have a friend staffing with them and see the serious personality issues that you being staff would bring.  If you are staff you will end up causing more harm than good through your inability to accept criticism in a healthy way and I am 100% confident in that.
(11-27-2022, 06:32 PM)Ckg Wrote:
snip

Except they are and the fact you aren't willing to admit and instead would rather dig your head deeper in the sand shows that you aren't ready for staffing.  Just look at birddog, it took you 4 replies to say sorry and admit that you were wrong and apologize. In fact, I suspect you don't actually care and just apologized so it would look good because you then went after him again in his response to Cimag, trying to equate you wishing death on his kid, a directed attack, to him joking about killing people in general, which, apart from being just a false equivalency, shows you didn't actually learn from what was said.

Then look at Skullfire, you took 1 reply before you brought up Kaiwan in an attempt to make Skullfire look bad. It is a thread about you not him, you spent 1.5 replies defending yourself and 4.5 attacking Skullfire and other staff members. You brought up a completely irrelevant event that is a discussion for another thread in an attempt to malign the characters of those who don't agree with you.  That is not defending yourself, that is attacking other members of the community and you know that, and if not then it just brings forward more character issues of not being self-aware enough to realize when you are attacking which, if you get staff, will cause more harm than good. I seriously wonder if anyone continuing to give you a +1 after is able to look past their friendship with you and their desire to have a friend staffing with them and see the serious personality issues that you being staff would bring.  If you are staff you will end up causing more harm than good through your inability to accept criticism in a healthy way and I am 100% confident in that.
Again, no, providing context to a situation is not attacking anyone. The topic dragged on longer than intended, but that still doesn't make it an attack. As I said before, it was an example of common behavior that is similar or worse to what I was being accused of, with that particular example being chosen as it was the most relevant to parties involved. Further posts were to include evidence of it happening and to explain the same thing I'm having to explain again now. The point isn't to make skullfire "look bad", it's to compare what i'm being accused of to the behavior of of other staff, including the person accusing me.

The same goes for birddog. The included examples are relevant to the context in which the joke was made, and were evidence in contrary to his claim that he never makes similar jokes, which is again relevant as it falsely implies there was no previously established precedent. As I have already said, the joke was over the line, but it was still made within specific context and was not a randomly occurring event that would have happened anywhere else.

As I mentioned before, I HAVE accepted criticism and observably improved upon it, as commented on by multiple people in this thread. I have no problem with criticism so long as it is honest, accurate, and substantial, but I have every right to point out when claims against me are leaving out relevant information or being made in bad faith.

While I enjoy hanging out on the server with most of the people who have +1d, I'm not particularly close friends with them, and even people I've had conflict with in the past have +1d or +0d, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there. The accusations you're so confident in seem to be formed almost entirely on a handful of forum posts, as I've rarely seen you on the server at the same time as me or interacted much with you there (again, not a dig, just a relevant observation you seemed to agree with in your first post). It's possible that the people who have +1d me have simply not found the "serious personality issues" you accuse me of to be accurate or significant in their experiences with me on the server.
Dang theres a lot of replies to read on this thread.
[Image: unknown.png]
(11-27-2022, 07:52 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
snip

*snip*
1. Again, no, providing context to a situation is not attacking anyone.

2.The point isn't to make skullfire "look bad", it's to compare what i'm being accused of to the behavior of of other staff, including the person accusing me.
1. The issue with this is that no one but you brought up that situation, so yes you are providing context to a situation in the most general of terms.  However, you were the one who brought up that situation so that you could have a dick-measuring competition for who is a worse person.  This is what turns it into an attack.  The only purpose you bringing up that irrelevant situation and providing context.  Yes you are providing context to a situation, but that situation was brought up only to go after the characters of people.

2. I think this is what you are not getting. A staff application is a thread about you, not about others.  It is not to place to compare yourself to others, it is a place for you to show what qualities you have standing alone.  Also you know you are trying to make him/other staff look worse than you, that is the entire point of a comparison in this context, to make one side look better than the other. If you are not attempting to make him "look bad" outright, you are attempting to make him look bad/worse when in comparison with you.

If you were able to healthily take criticism you would be able to see why people have complaints about you and criticism, but you cannot and will not be able to until you learn to not make everything a comparison and instead focus on yourself and why you deserve the position, as opposed to why you think others do not.
After reading through your previous app and the replies on this one I do believe you have changed.  Though I strongly agree with what Ckg said.  

The Discord comment towards Birddog was a bit out of pocket. 

And the incident with quantum could be considered and oopsie(did not realized staff was on and took action or whatever reason you wanna give it).

But I think that what may be digging you deep is your way of responding.  It's okay to clarify things, but, you shouldn't go reply to every comment said to you.  Think before you say anything and if it sounds wrong in your head then don't say it since others may not like it.

My vote is +/-0. Good luck on the app
[Image: unknown.png]
(11-27-2022, 07:52 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
snip

*snip*

The same goes for birddog. The included examples are relevant to the context in which the joke was made, and were evidence in contrary to his claim that he never makes similar jokes, which is again relevant as it falsely implies there was no previously established precedent. As I have already said, the joke was over the line, but it was still made within specific context and was not a randomly occurring event that would have happened anywhere else.

Also IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT CONTEXT THE JOKE YOU MADE ABOUT BIRDDOG WAS IN. It is still wildly inappropriate and the context in which it was made is irrelevant. Trying to justify it by saying the part I highlighted in bold shows that you do not grasp that it was not ok at all.  You cannot and should not attempt to justify it in any way, just admit that you fucked up and do better.  But you cannot, because you are unable to accept the entirety of that fault onto yourself. No one forced you to make that joke, no one but you typed those letters on your keyboard and hit send.  The fact you aren't even able to admit 100% fault in the most clear of cases of wrong doing is more than enough to prove you are not ready for the role.
(11-27-2022, 08:46 PM)Ckg Wrote: 1. The issue with this is that no one but you brought up that situation, so yes you are providing context to a situation in the most general of terms.  However, you were the one who brought up that situation so that you could have a dick-measuring competition for who is a worse person.  This is what turns it into an attack.  The only purpose you bringing up that irrelevant situation and providing context.  Yes you are providing context to a situation, but that situation was brought up only to go after the characters of people.

2. I think this is what you are not getting. A staff application is a thread about you, not about others.  It is not to place to compare yourself to others, it is a place for you to show what qualities you have standing alone.  Also you know you are trying to make him/other staff look worse than you, that is the entire point of a comparison in this context, to make one side look better than the other. If you are not attempting to make him "look bad" outright, you are attempting to make him look bad/worse when in comparison with you.

If you were able to healthily take criticism you would be able to see why people have complaints about you and criticism, but you cannot and will not be able to until you learn to not make everything a comparison and instead focus on yourself and why you deserve the position, as opposed to why you think others do not.
Again, it's a situation I brought up as a direct comparison to what I was being accused of, which is extremely relevant as it was an example of the normal accepted behavior of staff. It's not a "dick measuring contest", it's comparing the accused behavior to the norms of the server.

Yes, it's about me and my actions, but those actions do not happen in a vacuum. It's not about making anyone look "worse", it's about the precedent set by the actions of others, both within the larger scale of the server's norms and between specific people. Examples are not given to make someone look bad, but to show that something I am accused of is within the accepted norms of the server and how other staff behave on a regular basis in comparison to what I'm accused of, or to show context that was left out of the accusation. You are entirely trying to twist this into something it isn't.

Once again, I observably have taken criticism when it's honest and constructive. But again, I am within my right to show how my actions compare to those of existing staff and the norms of the server set by them.

At no point in this thread or the last have I mentioned anyone else not deserving their position. Every single example I've given regarding other staff is to illustrate behavior that is common amongst staff, with no further comment other than how my actions fare in comparison. Any inference you've made beyond that is your own.

(11-27-2022, 08:52 PM)Ckg Wrote: Also IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT CONTEXT THE JOKE YOU MADE ABOUT BIRDDOG WAS IN. It is still wildly inappropriate and the context in which it was made is irrelevant. Trying to justify it by saying the part I highlighted in bold shows that you do not grasp that it was not ok at all.  You cannot and should not attempt to justify it in any way, just admit that you fucked up and do better.  But you cannot, because you are unable to accept the entirety of that fault onto yourself. No one forced you to make that joke, no one but you typed those letters on your keyboard and hit send.  The fact you aren't even able to admit 100% fault in the most clear of cases of wrong doing is more than enough to prove you are not ready for the role.
Yes, I literally already said that it does not change the fact that it was still over the line. But the context still shows that it was an isolated incident that occurred under specific circumstances, not one that happened at random toward someone with no history of similar jokes as had been claimed. It's not about justification, it's about motive. The point wasn't that I wasn't at fault, the point was that the joke was made under the mistaken assumption that the person it was made toward wouldn't take it seriously rather than to emotionally harm. I accept full fault for making that mistake and crossing that line, but I'm still going to point out the distinction and that it wasn't a normal occurrence.