Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS:GO tournament but on a different post so i can organize my thoughts better
Hi yes hello, I have taken over the CS:GO Tournament. Most things are remaining the same, probably all things. I might tweak a bit, but I'll keep it up to a discussion among the people participating. I have reached out to almost everyone to see if the current list is up to date, and we'll go from there. As it stands, I think we stand to need another 9 people to have a perfect bracket, so if you guys want to spread the word around to people you know that may be interested but aren't into the forums, that would be great.

Date: 12/10/2022

Rough start time: around 1-3, I'd say, at current we're doing about 7 long games, this could last until pretty late still, depending, but I imagine it'll end around 7-9 at that pace.

Where: In Dink's discord. There will be two team chats. I've not decided exactly on how we want to do the spectator chats, as there are various things to consider. We could do one thing for all the spectators, with one or two people streaming, and have it town hall style where people have to raise their hand to speak, but that would be cumbersome and take the banter and fun out of it. We could shove 30 people into a call and try to do it that way, but that seems to break streams at times, and has the potential to make it hard to hear. We could split it into two rooms of spectators, but then that might decrease the enjoyment some people get if they can't watch with their friends. Input would be nice here, since it's likely going to be bigger than both OW2 and Multiversus in terms of amount of people and what all we want to achieve with it. Another idea I had was streaming from twitch and someone streaming that in the discord for at least my team's games, so we can get the team chats in as well, but there's obvious issues with that too.

Map rotation: I think each round I want to do a wheel system. Each team gets to ban one map (predetermined, so there may be overlap) and choose one map to show up twice on the wheel, as their preferred map. If preferred map is picked by both teams, it shows up 3 times. If a map is 'banned' by a team, but it's the preferred of the other team, it shows up once still.
The rotation is as follows:
-Dust 2
-Nuke
-Cache
-Mirage
-Inferno

Picking Teams: Everyone on the original post, aside from a few I know are participating, should have gotten a message from me asking if they are participating. If you did not, please reach out. If you later decide you need to back out, please reach out. I'm definitely accepting more people, as well. I haven't fully decided exactly on how teams are decided. I honestly might just let people prepick, and sprinkle in extras around the prepicks. I also entertained the idea of letting everyone have a prepicked team of 3, and then doing a sort of captain thing after that, as some people won't have any desire to play with people they're not already comfortable playing with, so there needs to be some give here. I even think doing full team captains won't be entirely fair, so I think I'm going for a more fun way. Taking suggestions here too.

Prizes: Nothing as of yet, but I've reached out to admins of each server and Jammin about potential prizes, so I'll update this later if there is anything to update

tldr tournament pls join i want 40 people and a few alternates who will definitely be there
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
I will definitely be there. Gonna need a lot of coffee as I get off work that morning. Please let me know if you need some assistance. Let's try and figure out something for the streaming side and letting people watch and talking cuz the shit talking is hilarious by the spectators
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
i am bumping
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
I have decided
We will do prepicked teams of 4, and anyone who is not part of a team after those teams are picked, we will randomize their placement. I imagine some teams will be entirely random, as well, which is fine. I would like all team decisions to be made by this coming Friday, and on that day I will fill in the rest and announce it so you guys have that night/the weekend to practice with your teams if you wish.

I do urge people not to sweat too hard, as loads of people who are participating have not played much as of late, or have not played with the teams they will end up in.

This is the list thus far, and then Toonze has two of his buddies as well, so we might be short on a perfect bracket by a bit depending on Kizzy and Nullify. I'll send out messages on Friday at 5PM for updated teams. If you know someone won't see this post that is involved, please spread it around to the participants below.

Quantum - yes
Wrom - yes
Norm - yes
Mini - yes
Necro - yes
Mana - yes
Slater - yes
jax - yes
thtelite - yes
laced - yes
misstie - yes
maddox - yes
ryan - yes
kizzy - cant message
gabe - yes
badger - yes
icey - yes
ernie - yes
shaye - yes
raider - yes
deadpool - yes
pisca - yes
ckg - yes
derp - yes
nullifY - messaged, no response
ace - yes
billybob - yes
biig sad - yes
rand - duh
bless - yes
weirda - yes
sweet banana - yes
gcubed - yes
damien - yes
toonze - yes
cee - yes
razer - yes
nate: yes
yeat: yes

-courtesy of milk(2)
i could also stream my teams game on twitch as well.
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
(11-29-2022, 09:46 PM)misstie6731 Wrote: i could also stream my teams game on twitch as well.
So for the streaming Badger and I will each sit in on one of the teams and stream on twitch, to get in-team dialogue because that'll be where the most entertainment is for some teams.

I do need a third person to stream in discord (or 2-3 people, to cover multiple people + in case some people are actually playing), if you'd like to do that, that would be very helpful.

-courtesy of milk(2)
I personally think that randomized teams would be better considering that some teams could be overpowered compared to other teams (i.g. team of silver players against GM, Supreme team, etc.) Unless you're referring to a randomizer randomly picking teammates or you have a system for the prepicking which seperates players into categories or ranks to which they can choose a random player from said rank.
(11-30-2022, 04:19 AM)slater Wrote: I personally think that randomized teams would be better considering that some teams could be overpowered compared to other teams (i.g. team of silver players against GM, Supreme team, etc.) Unless you're referring to a randomizer randomly picking teammates or you have a system for the prepicking which seperates players into categories or ranks to which they can choose a random player from said rank
here is a hot take.
I suggest one of two things:

1: we do 1v1s, and take the top however many as team captains and have them pick (that way, best players get distributed away evenly)

2. we do 1v1, and pair best with worst

(rank is not everything :) )
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
boutta just reach out to everyone individually and see what ppl want istg yall had a week to give 'ideas'

Actually, decided to change my mind. Full pick teams, there will end up being 7 teams with a few potential alternates.

Anyone who is not in a team by the end of the weak, or if teams need combined, I will do that randomly. It's just a tournament, I'd rather people play with people they enjoy playing with rather than trying to have to teach people how they play CS/how to play CS with them.

Any complaints, direct it to Jammin's dms.

How would we feel about doing 2/3 short games vs 1 long game?

2/3 shorts means you're not just out for losing one, so comeback factor. But it also has the potential to last 50% longer overall.

-courtesy of milk(2)
So are we picking our own teams now?
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously