Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
adnim appilaticon
(11-29-2022, 05:44 PM)Ryzif Wrote: Why must you become an Admin to organize more community events? I think you've done well with putting them together thus far in your current position.

As opposed to asking for permission at every turn, I would be able to make decisions myself. I'd also be able to easily get more input from the community when preparing for an event by posting surveys whenever I needed to, since I think having people be a part of the decision-making process for something like that would make it more appealing. And for my own sake, being a similar rank could make me feel comfortable enough to directly request things like prizes from server admins.

To be fair, you've become the face of Discord Staff due to such swelling activity. I can't imagine there isn't anyone who doesn't know you and I think it's fair to be curious about finding a better position to help more.

I'm just wondering how you would help more? How would you "lead and support" your fellow staff members?

I think that being a higher rank would help me appear more reliable, and with the recent growth of interest in applying, I'm guessing there will be a few helpers who need to feel comfortable enough to ask for advice and assistance. Jammin is approachable, so I feel comfortable asking him for help when I make a mistake. I'd like to be able to do the same for people on the discord staff team once he escapes.

What ideas do you have?

I've made a few suggestions in the past that I'd like to implement, including badges that represent a staff position to make it easier to differentiate between staff and players with colored roles. 

What would the Admin perms allow you to accomplish if you were to get said perms? 

Aside from events, I'm not really sure yet. I have the perms I need for my current responsibilities, so I'm guessing they would help me with the responsibilities I'd have as an admin.

Personally I'm leaning more towards you being ready for said position.

Thankes

(11-29-2022, 06:23 PM)Battons Wrote: While you do an excellent job as a mod I don’t think you are ready for the position of admin. You’ve always struggled with confrontation and some personal character flaws that I would be happy to elaborate on in DMs. I think being an admin would be incredibly stressful to you and be a detriment to your mental health. I won’t vote no but I strongly advise you make sure you are fully ready and understand the responsibility that comes with being an admin if your serious about this. +0.

I don't think my mental health is really anyone's concern other than my own, but it was thoughtful of you to give me advice. I think that bearing the brunt of the server problems throughout most of my time as helper and the first couple of months as moderator showed that I'm fully capable of going above and beyond what is expected of me in terms of responsibilities, and the fact that I'm still here and doing a decent amount of work for the community behind the scenes lately shows that I'm completely serious about this.
Reina is a good moderator- relaxed, reasonable, and might potentially be the most active staff member I will ever see in my life.

Does discord need 3. admin? Yes. Having two semi-active admins for discord is not ideal. We have a lot going on forums/discord unban applications and other things that require  admin action. It's not fair  for Jammin & Les when they can't do it immediately since they're so busy with real life. The third admin could help with this greatly.

I think she's the best discord staff we have currently. There are really no negative things to say. You handle things calmly, level-headed, and intelligently.

I don't want to keep this too long so get stick bugged lol -1

"my vote is obv +1"

[Image: fortniteglitch-stickbugged.gif]
I'm mostly in support of this for Reina, as she has a level of care for the Discord that she very frequently shows. There are a few mild concerns, as Jammin and Les are pretty lax on certain things, and Jammin in particular is a weird ass robot who is fine with most things and levelheaded, where Reina can be more impassioned at times. So this may turn into and adjustment that isn't quite what people may want, but it may be as well, who's to say.

That being said, as someone who tends to butt heads with Reina because reasons I guess, I think this is definitely something to be considered. Her current discord presence is probably the best of the discord staff (i say probably as if there's any doubt lmao), and her effort in it is pretty off the charts as well. Pretty much checks every box.

Plus, most importantly, she's not Australian. (we do a little xenophobia here)

pluse 1
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(11-29-2022, 08:16 PM)do re mi fa so la ti cock Wrote: -snip-

I agree, I have moments where I speak before I think or get more aggressive with my point than is necessary. I thought I broke this habit, but recently realized I was still doing it. I’m trying to be more vigilant about this and am putting a conscious effort into not escalating or drawing out disagreements. Regardless of whether or not I’m accepted, this is something I will continue to keep in mind. 

To add to that, I’ve also been getting Gabe’s help with learning how to word things in a way that comes across less blunt or unintentionally aggressive. Even the puzzle event announcement was proofread by him because I somehow managed to sound like an angry robot just describing the event. 

I appreciate you mentioning this.
(11-29-2022, 08:44 PM)Reina Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:16 PM)do re mi fa so la ti cock Wrote: -bink-

-bonk-
It's not necessarily a disqualifier, so not Reina people don't take that as such. I think it's more respectable being someone who you can tell what they're saying is genuine, like you as I don't think anyone has taken something you've said and thought it sounded false, vs. some old dinks admins who would always just have their public speaking faces on all the time and you could just tell they were full of it.

Plus as a fellow impassioned individual, I like the representation.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
This post is from a community member who at the time would like to stay anonymous

"First, starting with positives: I feel that mostly everyone can acknowledge that Reina is THE single most active staff member on the Discord Team. There's a legitimate reason there's a joke about her being the only discord staff member floating around. She's a very type A person in the sense that when she sets her mind to something she gets shit done and quickly.  She is helpful with people who have questions and  she can dismantle arguments in discord quite effectively  MOST of the time without killing the overall vibe.

Moving on to the concerns:

My concerns with Reina being an admin would be her ability to trust others to do their job. During a time when we were acquainted, she would make several comments that were along the lines of "If I don't do it, I do not think anyone else will and then people will get mad at Discord staff if I stop doing it."  I fear that she isn't going for Admin to actually be a leader who works with the team, but rather a pure authoritative figure who lays the hammer down, and that is why I fear she would be burn herself out.  If this is no longer an issue, then that's great; I haven't spoken to her on that level since around September anyway so things can change, and I hope they have.

If this still is an issue, she needs to have more faith in her teammates' ability to accomplish things.

My second concern with Reina is how she will deal with people she has a disagreement with or just outright doesn't like. Similarly to what Battons said, I fear that she can be too nonconfrontational at times and will complain about that person in other places rather than directly dealing with the issue. If someone says something that she isn't a fan of, she can come across as belittling them in an attempt to "ratio" them which can be frustrating considering how she usually can keep her head on a swivel. Nobody is perfect in terms of dealing with people they don't like, it just is something that isn't really becoming of one going for a top leader position.

since this is anonymous, this is merely giving feedback."
(11-29-2022, 10:15 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: This post is from a community member who at the time would like to stay anonymous

"During a time when we were acquainted, she would make several comments that were along the lines of "If I don't do it, I do not think anyone else will and then people will get mad at Discord staff if I stop doing it."  I fear that she isn't going for Admin to actually be a leader who works with the team, but rather a pure authoritative figure who lays the hammer down…

This is referring to me talking about how I felt about the lack of activity on the staff team at the time. One of my biggest concerns when I was staffing alone was that if I resigned, I would receive the blame if the staff team remained inactive. I’m confused by the logic here because the comments I made had nothing to do with authority. I was just incredibly scared of letting people down. 

If this still is an issue, she needs to have more faith in her teammates' ability to accomplish things.

I do have faith in my teammates. I question or outright disagree with some decisions, but I don’t question their ability to staff the server. The actual comment (“i just feel like if i give up, people are gonna be upset with me if staff stays inactive”) had nothing to do with faith in my teammates, it was anxiety caused by what was already happening in the team and in real life. I’ve sorted out everything that was happening irl and the team is active so that anxiety is no longer an issue. 

My second concern with Reina is how she will deal with people she has a disagreement with or just outright doesn't like. Similarly to what Battons said, I fear that she can be too nonconfrontational at times and will complain about that person in other places rather than directly dealing with the issue.

I just prefer to vent about an incident to friends for a few minutes and then move on instead of picking a fight with the other person. I learned the hard way that I need to pick my battles. 

If someone says something that she isn't a fan of, she can come across as belittling them in an attempt to "ratio" them which can be frustrating considering how she usually can keep her head on a swivel. Nobody is perfect in terms of dealing with people they don't like, it just is something that isn't really becoming of one going for a top leader position.

I’ll continue working on my phrasing to avoid coming across this way. I have a habit of stating my opinion without any indication that it’s an opinion, which I agree can definitely come across as belittling. I appreciate the feedback. 

since this is anonymous, this is merely giving feedback."
easily the most memorable and significant discord staff member, she has literally only made the discord a better/more enjoyable place to talk unlike most others and her effort in coordinating the puzzle event shows not only how dedicated but capable she is, as well

+1
+1 didnt read your post or the other posts though but seems like an obvious decision given that you do more work than everybody else who isnt admin already
Not super active in the discord as of late which probably isn't the best thing but I can still say from my past experiences in channels reina has been good staff

+1 add more cat stickers thanks
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]