Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rdm and leave is a dumb rule
hello dinkleberg goons today im gonna explain why rdm and leave a dumb thing to punish for (fat redditor edition)

So here's the backstory. back in prehistoric times, staff could autoslay for RDM like they can today, but back then autoslays did not retain their slays between disconnects, which let people just relog to wipe their slays similar to how you can relog to wipe a mute or gag (insert timed mutes and gags plug here). To discourage that, leaving with a queued autoslay without letting staff know first would leave you with a 1 week ban.

We got ACTUAL autoslays that retained between disconnects like they do today at some point between prehistoric times and 2016, which meant that the RDM and leave rule was now useless. However, for some reason that no admin, co-owner or moderator has been able to explain to this day, we kept banning people for leaving with an active autoslay for 1 week, even though when they returned from their ban, they got autoslain anyway, because our autoslay addon has that ability now.

Today looking at the staff guidelines the RDM and leave situation is a little better, you don't get banned if you leave with one autoslay, you get banned for 1 day for leaving with two autoslays, and you get banned for a week for having 3 autoslays. Except, given the fact that RDM and leave punishments were made to prevent punishment evasion, and the method for evading the punishment that rule was meant to address was fixed about 7 years ago now, why are we still punishing at all for RDM and leave??? They already have an autoslay, it's not like serving the slay now vs later is making the punishment any less severe, they still lose a round, just a different one

tl;dr get rid of RDM and leave punishments they do nothing
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
didnt read
rdm should be allowed
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
rdm and leave not being bannable anymore for 1 time is a W but the 2 point warning a bummer. just add the slay
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
No warning should be given if it's not a malicious rdm and leave imo
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
yeah im also not going to read this
I read it but I didn't. the TL/DR was super helpful, thanks Russ!
on a more serious note i can actually agree with removing banning people for something like rdmx1 and leave since its only a day ban and most of the time they wont rejoin until 6 months when they get banned from the rest of the servers and come here

something like mass rdm makes sense to ban for but a day ban for killing someone randomly and leaving is a little bit silly goofy funny man mode
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
(12-08-2022, 11:23 PM)Yeah my headphones broke Wrote: 1. on a more serious note i can actually agree with removing banning people for something like rdmx1 and leave since its only a day ban and most of the time they wont rejoin until 6 months when they get banned from the rest of the servers and come here

2. something like mass rdm makes sense to ban for but a day ban for killing someone randomly and leaving is a little bit silly goofy funny man mode
1. RDM x1 and Leave is just warnable, not a day ban anymore like it used to be. 

2. I think that a day ban could work but also, if hypothetically, a tmod/trusted/donor or any other players were to get on and a hacker mass rdm'd the server and left without the the player getting any proof of "hacking", only the Mass RDM, they would be only banned for a day and then come back to cause more problems. But that's just a small problem, it could work out to be turned into a day ban, but I personally prefer a perma since they would intentionally kill a mass amount of people. 
(12-09-2022, 01:06 AM)slater Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 11:23 PM)Yeah my headphones broke Wrote: 1. on a more serious note i can actually agree with removing banning people for something like rdmx1 and leave since its only a day ban and most of the time they wont rejoin until 6 months when they get banned from the rest of the servers and come here

2. something like mass rdm makes sense to ban for but a day ban for killing someone randomly and leaving is a little bit silly goofy funny man mode
1. RDM x1 and Leave is just warnable, not a day ban anymore like it used to be. 

2. I think that a day ban could work but also, if hypothetically, a tmod/trusted/donor or any other players were to get on and a hacker mass rdm'd the server and left without the the player getting any proof of "hacking", only the Mass RDM, they would be only banned for a day and then come back to cause more problems. But that's just a small problem, it could work out to be turned into a day ban, but I personally prefer a perma since they would intentionally kill a mass amount of people. 
shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]