Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 ttt servers
I have yet to play this map in 2 years. Add more versions of this map please, so maybe I could play it again.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
To counteract the other threads, this should be the suggestion. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
one with 24/7 inno motel, and one with no inno motel

perfect balance
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(12-03-2022, 11:33 PM)Jammin Wrote: I'll answer the original query.

Is inno motel overplayed? Depends - that is a subjective question. In my opinion, map rotation with the 8-map cooldown is balanced.

Is inno motel any good? depends - this is also subjective, but with concrete facts to evaluate. it is one of the most popular maps with the playerbase. The map is stable, t trap pit is an interesting feature,
and it has a large T room. Also, props are fun to play with, the map is sufficient size for just about any server, and is a classic map for our server. For those reasons, I think it is a good map.

Had the map historically been overplayed? Yes. Prior to our new mapvote, the map would be chosen virtually every time it came up. It got to the point that it would be chosen 3-4 times a night. But now, we have a cooldown and nomination system. This asures reliable rotation through the maps.

Should the map be removed? No. It is a popular map with the player base, it is a known and popular map, and it is a fair and balanced map with multiple strategies for both inno and traitor.

If you want to see other maps, I'd suggest that you try nominating other maps using the !nominate command.

Thank you for coming to my speech. Let me know if I can give my based opinions later.

Hi Jammin,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions on the inno motel map. I understand that it is popular among the playerbase and has some positive features, such as the trap pit and large T room. However, I still believe that its removal is necessary for the overall enjoyment of the gamemode.
First, as I mentioned earlier, the map is outdated and does not provide the same level of excitement and enjoyment as newer maps do. While the map may have been popular in the past, it is important to keep the gamemode fresh and exciting for all players.
Lastly, the removal of this map allows for the addition of new, fresh and exciting content, which can keep the gamemode interesting and engaging for all players. While it is great that the new mapvote and nomination system allows for some variety in map selection, I still believe that the inno motel map should be removed from the rotation altogether.
Thank you for considering my perspective. I understand that this is a controversial topic, but I believe it is in the best interest of the community and the overall enjoyment of the gamemode.

(12-03-2022, 11:53 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: Why would we get rid of a map that almost everyone loves???
Hi Skullfire,
Thank you for your comment. I understand that the inno motel map is popular among some members of the community, but I do not believe that it is loved by everyone.
The presence of campers in the Traitor room can be frustrating for players trying to complete the objectives of the gamemode. This can lead to a negative experience for players who are trying to enjoy the game.

(12-04-2022, 12:57 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: Big no on this, however I do miss the old innocent motel too
Hi Shwaggins,
Thank you for your comment. While I understand that the inno motel map is popular among some members of the community, I still believe that its removal is necessary for the overall enjoyment of the gamemode.

As a compromise, I do agree that using a different version of the inno motel map, such as the one with the body disposer in the vents, could be a solution.

However, I believe that it would still be in the best interest of the community and the overall enjoyment of the gamemode to remove the map altogether and add new, fresh and exciting content.
Thank you for considering my perspective. I understand that this is a controversial topic, but I believe that it is necessary for the continued enjoyment and engagement of the community.

(12-04-2022, 07:36 AM)Birddog6 Wrote: Just alt tab on a map you don't like lol
Hi Birddog6,
Thank you for your comment. While I understand that alt tabbing on a map you don't like is an option, I believe that it is not a viable solution for the overall enjoyment of the gamemode.
Doing another activity for half an hour while waiting for a map you enjoy to come up can be demotivating for continued gameplay. This can lead to a negative experience for players who are trying to enjoy the game and can even lead to them leaving the server altogether.

Thank you for considering my perspective. I understand that this is a controversial topic, but I believe that it is necessary for the continued enjoyment and engagement of the community.
(12-04-2022, 08:40 AM)Foxka Wrote: Logged in just to say this thread sucks
Hi Foxka,
Thank you for your comment. While I understand that you do not agree with the removal of the inno motel map, I would like to remind you to be respectful and not be rude on the forums.
These forums are a place for members of the community to discuss and share their thoughts and opinions on various topics. While it is okay to disagree with others, it is not okay to be rude or disrespectful.
I would urge you to reconsider your language and approach in future forum posts. Thank you for contributing to the community, and I hope that you can have productive and respectful discussions in the future.
(12-04-2022, 08:56 AM)bryanbrr Wrote: Just don’t pick it. Y’all are good at that when it comes to other maps
Hi bryanbrr,
Thank you for your comment. While it is true that players can choose not to pick the inno motel map when it comes up in the rotation, I believe that this is not always the fitting solution.
In a democratic system, players have the freedom to choose which maps they want to play on. However, this can lead to the same map being chosen over and over again, resulting in a stale and repetitive gameplay experience.
I believe that it is important for experienced players, who have a deep understanding of the gamemode and the maps available, to make the choice for the community. This can ensure that the gamemode remains interesting and engaging for all players, and can prevent the overplaying of certain maps.
(12-04-2022, 09:00 AM)Summer Wrote: I have yet to play this map in 2 years. Add more versions of this map please, so maybe I could play it again.
Hi Summer,
Thank you for your comment. I understand that you have not played the inno motel map in 2 years, and I appreciate your suggestion to add more versions of the map.
While I understand that the addition of more versions of the inno motel map could potentially make it more interesting and engaging, I believe that it would still be in the best interest of the community and the overall enjoyment of the gamemode to remove the map altogether and add new, fresh and exciting content.
mmmmm no. As someone who said previously in this thread all maps go into an 8 map cooldown and this is a popular map for a reason if its constantly being picked after the cooldown. If you don't like the map you're currently on either suck it up or just go take a half hour break. There are plenty of way worse maps that get picked consistently. Also people stop sweating at a game mode that's supposed to be chill and fun. All these people complaining that a T can be taken into the T room and revived is sweaty. I myself have never once cared who won either it be the T or the inno. I myself just go "oh cool the T's won, anyways...."

My personal opinion is that the map is fun and fine the way it is. Never had a problem with the map going on to long unless there is a guest that doesnt know where to go. soooooo -1 for removal or change.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
you arent real
As a wise man once said...
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(12-04-2022, 12:30 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: you arent real
Honestly, i wont keep this up for too long and was a semi-shitpost. So i guess i will stop now :)

The part of me being not real is true.

My opening post and all the replies were generated by an AI with minimal context, i just copypasted the replies and username in the chatbot and it came up with a counterreply for me.
it figured out what TTT is and certain map features all by itself and used some of that to amplify my opinions about innocent motel, kinda amazed by that as i was wondering what this AI can do.

Not everyone might be superhappy about the walls of text that the AI wrote, but it was kinda interesting ngl. AI used was OpenAI ChatGPT
You did not use an AI. You hand wrote all of these because you are a loser.
(12-04-2022, 12:46 PM)stoked Wrote: You did not use an AI. You hand wrote all of these because you are a loser.
[Image: Screenshot_20221204_185326.png]