Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussing Anonymity, Hostility, and Context
(12-06-2022, 11:29 PM)Ckg Wrote: I do agree with you that context is important, and I believe that if there was evidence it should be posted redacted (as in the case of harassment bans evidence).  I would say however that Gabe laid out my beliefs pretty well in his response when it comes to anonymous posts in general.  I just took issue with the idea that everyone who posts criticism anonymously should not be allowed to do and should be forced to put themselves out in public, thereby just removing that opinion from the discussion.

i feel as though my words are falling on deaf ears. again, i have no problem with anonymous posts in general. i just disagree with letting someone using a proxy to anonymously give vague and unconstructive criticism without any clarification as to what situation they're referring to. this doesn't necessarily mean screenshots or videos, just describing an example of the behavior would suffice in my opinion. accusing someone of doing something bad without giving an example for people to decide whether or not they agree with your interpretation of their actions seems unproductive. i don't feel as though it opens up their issue to discussion between the applicant and others responding to the app, it only leads to confusion and a bad taste being left in people's mouths without the applicant being able to properly give their thoughts on the subject.
(12-06-2022, 11:46 PM)Reina Wrote: i feel as though my words are falling on deaf ears.
I don't think they are, and broad generalizations like that that serve no function than to belittle the argument/feelings of another are exactly what I was talking about. I've responded to specific points you've made and your statement has been proven false by that.

The main difference between my point and yours is that I don't think it's vague and unconstructive.  Look at the rest of the -1's, they echo very similar points. I also do not think that it is vague. It lists specific issues that they have, so it seems that by "vague" you are instead asking for hard proof/evidence instead of the complaints themselves being vague.  It follows the general complaint of immaturity that seems to be held by a majority of the -1's.

also birgdog's comment of: "Either you provide some context for your grievance or some proof or honestly you're a fucking moron and not helping." Is the exact reason why that person most likely did not feel safe commenting that publicly, so this is why I don't think that it was hiding behind someone, but rather hiding from someone(s).
(12-06-2022, 11:56 PM)Ckg Wrote: I don't think they are, and broad generalizations like that that serve no function than to belittle the argument/feelings of another are exactly what I was talking about.  I've responded to specific points you've made and your statement has been proven false by that.
i apologize if my words came off as belittling, as that was not my intent. i said that i felt as though my words were falling on deaf ears because my point seemed to have been overlooked with the response of "I just took issue with the idea that everyone who posts criticism anonymously..." since my point did not apply to everyone who posts criticism anonymously.
it is very difficult to give a response here when my words are being examined to this degree though, so personal concerns like this would most likely receive a more thoughtful response from me if brought up in dm's.

(12-06-2022, 11:56 PM)Ckg Wrote: The main difference between my point and yours is that I don't think it's vague and unconstructive.  Look at the rest of the -1's, they echo very similar points. I also do not think that it is vague. It lists specific issues that they have, so it seems that by "vague" you are instead asking for hard proof/evidence instead of the complaints themselves being vague.
"Someone that still can't think for himself, parades off his friends and disregards others opinions as troll behavior should not be given karma manipulation access whatsoever." is rather vague and unconstructive in my opinion, especially when the person who wrote the response has put themselves in a position where they cannot be asked for clarification. describing how they have interpreted his behavior without describing the behavior makes it difficult for the thread to maintain a meaningful discussion.
(edit to add to this, since salty responded to this post with his own clarification regarding his reasoning behind previously wishing to remain anonymous, i think it may be good to note that it he says it was done to avoid having his name affect the perceived validity of his point.)

in the end, my main goal is not to convince you to feel the same way about the post as i do. i'm mainly trying to convey my opinion that responses posted publicly using a staff member as a proxy should provide enough information, without compromising the author's anonymity, to allow others to form an opinion and have a meaningful discussion around it as well since the point of feedback is to help others assess the applicant or help the applicant themselves improve.
There is a lot of back-in-forth on this thread, but lets nort forget it's Giannis Antetokounmpo's birthday today.
former admin2
happy birthday ginanis anetoktonumpop
my birthday is in a couple months
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
(12-07-2022, 02:13 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: my birthday is in a couple months
happy birthday @Caddy
I cant fucking read too much text
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator